Phobias....who has em?

trae*

no post ***** aka"active"
Reaction score
Handicap
So the "little cutie" snake thread got me to thinking about a phobias thread

my biggest and probably only one is spiders.now i dont scream like a little girl when i see them or anything they just make my skin crawl. they are so evil looking especially the black widow which i have killed 8 of in and around my house in the 3 years since we had it built.

So whats yours?

For me it's crickets. I hate them. Really hate them.

spiders....the bigger they are the bigger poosay I am.

Roaches....despise those little creatures. Not much more disgusting than them.

Snakes are way up on the top of the list. I would rather have a bowling ball shot into my crotch, than be anywhere in the vicinity of a snake. Other than that, I am a man, bending steel with my bare hands and breathing fire.

Snakes. Snakes. Snakes.

Heights is my only one and even that isn't a full on phobia, just don't like them

I'm a scared little girl when it comes to spiders. Had a nasty beast the other day and I went crying to my wife to kill it. She laughed at me so I got my 5 year old to kill it while my daughter and I ran around yelling, "Get it! There it is! Went behind that shoe!"

Snakes tend to cause me to scream like a little girl.

Spiders are definitely nasty.

I'm mildy phobic to fly, but I'm an airplane/aviation nerd. Figure that out. I'm not all out terrified, but I don't care for it that much. A few beers makes it all smoother.

Snakes are way up on the top of the list. I would rather have a bowling ball shot into my crotch, than be anywhere in the vicinity of a snake. Other than that, I am a man, bending steel with my bare hands and breathing fire.

LMAO A++++ post will read again!!

So the "little cutie" snake thread got me to thinking about a phobias thread

my biggest and probably only one is spiders.now i dont scream like a little girl when i see them or anything they just make my skin crawl. they are so evil looking especially the black widow which i have killed 8 of in and around my house in the 3 years since we had it built.

So whats yours?

LOL.. first I just wanna say that I'm real sorry about that.

Clowns are my phobia.. big time.

When I was younger I lived in the country. The favourite past time was riding bikes down trails and such. Now I am going to make this story brief. Anyways, there was a period of time where there was a gent driving around in a red Dodge van picking up and abducting kids. He was dressed as a clown. Well one day (I remember this vivdly) I was riding my bike the 1/2 mile to the village where I lived. A red Dodge van came across me and started to chase me. Of course the driver was dressed as a clown. He did chase me until I escaped into the trails. Who knows what would've happened.

To this day clowns are a real problem... I can't go to parades I can't look at clowns. There was a Labour Day parade in front of my in-laws every year. I was there at the side of th street with my family enjoying the parade until a clown approached. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. And that was when he taunted me.. "he big guy.. where are ya goin'?" I was ready to kill him.

Alex

LOL.. first I just wanna say that I'm real sorry about that.

Clowns are my phobia.. big time.

When I was younger I lived in the country. The favourite past time was riding bikes down trails and such. Now I am going to make this story brief. Anyways, there was a period of time where there was a gent driving around in a red Dodge van picking up and abducting kids. He was dressed as a clown. Well one day (I remember this vivdly) I was riding my bike the 1/2 mile to the village where I lived. A red Dodge van came across me and started to chase me. Of course the driver was dressed as a clown. He did chase me until I escaped into the trails. Who knows what would've happened.

To this day clowns are a real problem... I can't go to parades I can't look at clowns. There was a Labour Day parade in front of my in-laws every year. I was there at the side of th street with my family enjoying the parade until a clown approached. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. And that was when he taunted me.. "he big guy.. where are ya goin'?" I was ready to kill him.

Alex

damn thats an intense story there sir. i can see why clowns would be etched into your psyche

2 for me:
1. snakes. I have always been scared of them, but that ramped up to scared sh*tless mode after I was bit by a black snake.

2. heights. I can't even get on a step ladder, but, flying doesn't bother me and actually working on my pilot's license this fall.

I knock people over getting away from snakes. I almost killed my brother-in-law a couple years ago when he threw a small snake on me. I actually had a panic attack from it. They had to take me to the hospital and give me drugs to calm me down.

I am also terrified of heights.

Heights is there for me as well. Hate them.. cannot look over a second floor balcony. Yet I love flying. I dunno.. I'm complicated.

Alex

2 for me:
1. snakes. I have always been scared of them, but that ramped up to scared sh*tless mode after I was bit by a black snake.

2. heights. I can't even get on a step ladder, but, flying doesn't bother me and actually working on my pilot's license this fall.

alabama black snake? lol sorry i couldnt resist

if i lived in australia id be a total wreck .. that funnel web is just an insane spider

Spiders and yes I scream like a little girl. Liz will generally kill them for me, but when she's not around I'll throw my tennis shoe at them, lol. Luckily I seldom ever see one in this house and never any big dudes.

For me it's crickets. I hate them. Really hate them.

you shoudl buy a box of chocholate covered ones and take your phobia out on them lol

I can't stand spiders or extreme heights. I don't mind being on a balcony on the 3rd or 4th floor of a building, but that's about it. I went to Vegas a couple of years ago with my wife and she wanted to go up in the tower at the Paris hotel. We didn't stay long at all and I couldn't get anywhere near the rail to look down. As soon as we got up there, I was ready to get back down. Next month my brother is having a wedding in Dallas and the reception is on the top floor of the tallest building in Dallas (which has windows all around it. I told him I am getting a chair and I'm putting it in the center of the floor and I'm not leaving it for any reason.

For those who have fears of height, check out this video. It took my several tries before I was able to watch all the way to the end. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k4Xk1mEwmI

I wouldnt say i have any fear of heights but the last time i was in chicago i went to the sky deck at sears tower or whatever its called now . Those little glass cubes that you step out into are INTENSE

http://www.theskydeck.com/

i urge you guys with fear of heights to try it out lol

Back