Staff Bags & Using Them

Frank I'm not sure what is more beautiful, the bag or the GTI seats?

so what if for example the staff bag is cheaper than the carry bag-cart bag?

I still wouldn't use one... They are stuck in an old design set from over 20 years ago. There is noting innovative/practical/intuative about them. Sure they look nice and scream "Hey, I got game" or "Hey, I got money", but other than space they have nothing I'm looking for in a bag.... Show me a staff bag that has 14 way full length club dividers, dedicated putter/umbrella wells, lift handles at the top and bottom of the bag, insulated cooler pockets, or one that's not going to give me a hernia lifting it out of my trunk... Show me a staff bag that has all or even some of those features for less than the price of Sun Mountain's, Bag Boy's or Ogio's most expensive bag... JMHO! :D

Sorry, but when it's 95 degrees out and sunny and I'm in my long pants and long sleeve junpsuit, you could throw your stuff in a stand bag. Or at least tip me more like smalls said. Once I caddied for a guy who had a full staff bag (umbrella, rain gear, extra shoes, everything you could imagine) and tipped me $20. It was like 95 degrees out. That was a joke.

Lol. Be grateful you got $20. When I caddied at Medinah back in the day and carried members staff bags, they gave me $5. Granted that was sometime ago, but $20 is $20. You could always pass your turn if a member has a staff bag.

Back on topic, with a majority of courses around Chicago don't allow you to walk on weekends, it doesn't make sense, at least for me, to get a stand bag anymore. Not enough room in a stand bag for me.

**Tappin' from the center of the middle of the fairway**

I still wouldn't use one... They are stuck in an old design set from over 20 years ago. There is noting innovative/practical/intuative about them. Sure they look nice and scream "Hey, I got game" or "Hey, I got money", but other than space they have nothing I'm looking for in a bag.... Show me a staff bag that has 14 way full length club dividers, dedicated putter/umbrella wells, lift handles at the top and bottom of the bag, insulated cooler pockets, or one that's not going to give me a hernia lifting it out of my trunk... Show me a staff bag that has all or even some of those features for less than the price of Sun Mountain's, Bag Boy's or Ogio's most expensive bag... JMHO! :D

show me a bag with 14 dividers were the clubs don't get snagged together. . .This is why I use a staff bag, the openings are practical for me, I have more than enough room for everything and I don't have to worry about a putter well haha.

It's all personal preference though!

I have less problems with clubs snagging with my staff bag than I did with a 14 way Ogio. I can fit a small cooler with ice and drinks in any side pocket on my bag and still have tons of room for other stuff. Every staff bag I've ever seen has an umbrella well (mostly hidden umbrella wells). My bag has a handle (as do almost all staff bags) and a lifting strap below the bottom flap pocket. And a staff bag only weighs 3-4 pounds more than a cart bag. If that gives you a hernia then you need to get your clubs reshafted with L flex. J/K :act-up:

It's all personal preference. Don't hate on our bags just because we wanna look all snazzy like rich tour pros with mad game out there.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

A couple pix of my staffers now that they are filled w/ J40's:

6fe0d19b.jpg
c45cd2fa.jpg

Sweet bags Howzat.

TapAhoy!

Thanks guys. Nice to see there is still someone out there who remembers the 80's hair band w/ the same name.

The yellow Bridgestone staffer has my attention.

But the W/S staff bag is sgtill one of my favorites.

Yeah, that Yellow staffer is attention grabbing for sure.

As many on here know, I have a bit of an obsession with Staff bags. I have been known to have a few in the house as well. Recently I have been seeing more and more people using Staff Bags on the course and it got me thinking. Does one need to have a certain skill level to use a staff bag?

I have never thought that way and still don't, but I must say that when I see someone ride up to our group and he has a staff bag, I immediately assume the golfer will have a certain skill set. Could this be another one of those baffling unwritten rules that is finally dead (that would be great)?

What are your thoughts on these questions.
Do you have to be good to carry a staff bag?
When you see a golfer with one, do you think going in that they are a "player"?
Should your staff bag match your equipment?

I am actually thinking about pulling one from the collection and using it. Not sure which one, but definitely thinking about it.

I am 32, in my 10-14 range I caddied at an upscale country club. Staff bags were fro rich a-holes and had basically no relevance to their skill level, but the richer they were the more **** they piled into that bag.

I am 32, in my 10-14 range I caddied at an upscale country club. Staff bags were fro rich a-holes and had basically no relevance to their skill level, but the richer they were the more **** they piled into that bag.

I can store a bunch of **** into my bag. Because staff bags are awesome.

I can store a bunch of **** into my bag. Because staff bags are awesome.

I love all of my staff bags, they are water proof and durable and look great, sorry but I'm not rich nor an A hole haha

I also found that besides looking good as decorative furniture, the staff bag is a great place to keep cats entertained. . .

7692751498_f915b08390.jpg

This is the best thread ever, I'm bumping this thread fro Tedfroop

I think when you walk out to the driving range and set a staff bag down, there's some expectation that you're not going to be a total hack. If your name is embroidered on it, that expectation goes way up.

While that may or may not be fair, I think that's the way it is.

I think when you walk out to the driving range and set a staff bag down, there's some expectation that you're not going to be a total hack. If your name is embroidered on it, that expectation goes way up.

lol, I always lay my staff bag down when I practice for that same reason

Just my opinion ..but if you use a fancy staff bag with your name on it, ya better have game or you're going to look like a poser.

my current favorite staff bag

it's the 2011 US Open staff bag

8151378641_fe8c8b5d04.jpg

8151385025_f57aa3ee3d.jpg

I will tell you a story. Last year I got my MC irons and immediately took off for the range. Now they were loaded into my MC Callaway staff bag which had my name on it. I get to the range and I have to walk past a bunch of junior golfers to get to the hitting bay. I set my bag down and don't notice that my name is facing them.

I start hitting balls and I'm just flat awful. Literally cannot get the ball off the ground with a PW. After about 15 minutes of futility 1 of the teens comes over and starts talking to me. He says how when I walked past them they were all excited to see a good golfer hit some balls. He then says that he can see now that I was not a good golfer.

I was pissed and ran inside and told my instructor that something was wrong. He measured and the clubs were way off what they should have been. I was so pissed at the kid!

I will tell you a story. Last year I got my MC irons and immediately took off for the range. Now they were loaded into my MC Callaway staff bag which had my name on it. I get to the range and I have to walk past a bunch of junior golfers to get to the hitting bay. I set my bag down and don't notice that my name is facing them.

I start hitting balls and I'm just flat awful. Literally cannot get the ball off the ground with a PW. After about 15 minutes of futility 1 of the teens comes over and starts talking to me. He says how when I walked past them they were all excited to see a good golfer hit some balls. He then says that he can see now that I was not a good golfer.

I was pissed and ran inside and told my instructor that something was wrong. He measured and the clubs were way off what they should have been. I was so pissed at the kid!

cheeky ba$t@rd.

Even pros have their off days, those kids are ridiculous. I've been practicing with my staff bag next to the college team and the PGM guys, and they don't say anything to me, they're rather nice, plus if anything they'll help me out.

That's hilarious. Some days I'm a range hero, other days I just head to the chipping and putting green after a couple dozen mishits.

I am so excited to see all the bags for this year's 2013 MC, it's going to be awesome to see all our names on them.

Back