Page 204 of 273 FirstFirst ... 104154194198199200201202203204205206207208209210214254 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 4085

Thread: TaylorMade RocketBladez - Review Thread

Handicap
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TMAdidas View Post
    Wow. I've been trying to decide between those two also. (Also last year's Cobra AMP irons.) Can't wait to hear your thoughts.
    played today shot an 80 hit over 50% of greens. The jpx 825s were a real difference maker. Highly rec them! Won't be returning these puppies. They are all mine!

Harris
    Driver: R11 10.5 deg w/ Stiff Fujikura F3 70
    3 Wood: R9 15 deg w/ Stiff Fujikura Motore 70
    Hybrid: Superhybrid 3 19 deg Stiff, Superhybrid 4 23 deg stiff
    Irons: Tour Preferred 2009 5 - AW, w/ Stiff Dynamic Gold 300 shafts
    Wedges: SM4 54 deg SW, 60 deg 8 bounce MP LW
    Putter: Scotty Cameron red dot 35 inches
    Ball: Penta TP, PROV1, Yellow z-star

Books - Zen Golf, Five Modern Fundamentals

Handicap
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmorrismd View Post
    played today shot an 80 hit over 50% of greens. The jpx 825s were a real difference maker. Highly rec them! Won't be returning these puppies. They are all mine!

Harris
    I got an email from Mizuno the other day . In the email it you can compare different irons against the 825's center, heel, and toe hits , According to their
    testing the 825's are longer and more accurate than the Rbladez on all three of those shots . The thing I found interesting was their comparisons the Rocketballs irons were longer and more accurate than the RocketBladez but still short of
    the 825's . Don`t know how these were tested but I found their results interesting.
    gb
    irons
    TM R1 Driver
    Cobra Bio Cell 3 wood
    Cobra Bio cell 3 & 4 Hybrids
    TM RSi 1 5-pw, Sldr Aw
    Titleist Vokey Sm4 54* & 58*
    TM 38" Spider Mallet Putter

Handicap
    Thanks
    Is it worth to get the Rocketbladez MAX?, that's a $600 diference..., but again... is it really worth it?

Hdcp 24 here..
    Proud high handicap golfer!

Titleist 912d2 8.5 Degrees
    Callaway x Hot 14.5 3Deep Fairway Wood
    Ping k15 3 Hybrid or Taylormade Speedblade 3 iron (Driving Iron)
    Titleist 714 AP1 4-W
    Titleist SM5 54 - 58 Wedge set
    Nike Method Core 11w Putter

Handicap
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Porky View Post
    Is it worth to get the Rocketbladez MAX?, that's a $600 diference..., but again... is it really worth it?

Hdcp 24 here..
    My opinion is absolutely a no go. I think the max irons have slightly stronger lofts. The rocketbladez have strong lofts as it is and since you are a 24 handicap you will not benefit from the MAX. I can't really come up with any justification for someone needing or benefiting from the MAX VERSION.

Driver Taylormade SLDR, 12 Degree
    Or Taylormade R11S, 9 Degree, Miyazaki

Fairways Taylor Made 2007 Burner #3
    Rocketballz Stage 2 #5
    Hybrid Callaway Razr 21
    Irons #5 - PW Taylormade Rocketballz

Wedges Ping G5 50, Vokey Raw 54; Vokey Raw 60 ( bent to 58+), Project X Shafts,
    Putter YES Victoria II

Handicap
    USGA 12.8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,387 Times in 1,860 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uman View Post
    My opinion is absolutely a no go. I think the max irons have slightly stronger lofts. The rocketbladez have strong lofts as it is and since you are a 24 handicap you will not benefit from the MAX. I can't really come up with any justification for someone needing or benefiting from the MAX VERSION.
    I am not sure I follow or agree with uman's reasoning, but I reach the same conclusion.

I would say no because I think the Bladez are already extremely good GI clubs and provide superior forgiveness and distance. I suspect the Max irons do provide additional benefit but I suspect it is not substantial enough to justify 5 extra bills. Note that I have not hit the Max irons, however. Check out TMs website and read the info about the clubs...from memory, it seemed to me there was a good amount of difference in the technologies between the clubs - I seem to recall removable toe weighs or something in the Max irons, for example.

To the point about lofts...based on what we saw with the Bladez, I suspect appropriate launch angles have been maintained with the Max irons. If so, stronger lofts would be a good thing, as it would mean even greater distance with still high launching and soft landing balls. Those characteristics are usually desirable to most mid to high handicappers. But again, at least for me, I would be very content with the regular Bladez and couldn't personally see spending the additional money.
    Driver: R1 Black - Aldila RIP Phenom 58g, stiff
    Fairway Wood: G20 3W - TFC 169F, stiff
    Hybrids: RazrX, 3h,4h, stiff stock
    Irons: i25 4 - SW, TFC 189I, Stiff
    Wedges: J40 58* - DG Spinner
    Putter: Squareback

Handicap
    Thanks
    thanks for your comments.., i would probably just go and get fitted and see which club helps me the most. I'm impressed not that many people talks about the MAX version irons, is it because they are crazy expensive or because they are not as good for the money. 1300 bucks is a lot for a set of irons... is almost like they have this secrect technology that will give them a superior (by far) performance over the regular bladez.., i mean... 500-600?.. geez...
    Proud high handicap golfer!

Titleist 912d2 8.5 Degrees
    Callaway x Hot 14.5 3Deep Fairway Wood
    Ping k15 3 Hybrid or Taylormade Speedblade 3 iron (Driving Iron)
    Titleist 714 AP1 4-W
    Titleist SM5 54 - 58 Wedge set
    Nike Method Core 11w Putter

Club Pro
    Handicap
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Porky View Post
    thanks for your comments.., i would probably just go and get fitted and see which club helps me the most. I'm impressed not that many people talks about the MAX version irons, is it because they are crazy expensive or because they are not as good for the money. 1300 bucks is a lot for a set of irons... is almost like they have this secrect technology that will give them a superior (by far) performance over the regular bladez.., i mean... 500-600?.. geez...
    I had the rocketballz max irons and I have went to the rocketbladez standard iron and I like them more the the rbz max irons. They are just as easy to hit and forgiving as the max irons. I think the rocketbladez max irons are more aimed and women and older players with slower swing speeds who struggle to hit irons and thus the slot is in all the irons and not just the mid irons like the normal set
    in my Gotham cart bag
    Driver SLDRs 14
    Driver SLDR Mini 16
    Fairway Wood I25. 3W
    Hybrid Jetspeed 4,5,6
    Irons I25 7-UW
    Wedges I25 SW,LW
    Putter Spider Mallet
    Ball DT Solo
    GPS SGX

Handicap
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chas View Post
    I had the rocketballz max irons and I have went to the rocketbladez standard iron and I like them more the the rbz max irons. They are just as easy to hit and forgiving as the max irons. I think the rocketbladez max irons are more aimed and women and older players with slower swing speeds who struggle to hit irons and thus the slot is in all the irons and not just the mid irons like the normal set
    I think they are targeted to those with slower swing speeds and lower launch angles, but the slot is only part of the equation. They also have wider soles that provide a little better margin of error on fat shots and probably a weighting more similar to a hybrid that promotes a little higher launch. Also have slightly lighter shafts to help promote a faster swing speed. If you struggle with the launch angle with the mid-irons in the Rocketbladz you could possibly do a mixed set with the Maxes in the mid irons, hybrids with the long irons, Bladz in the short irons. Save a little money that way getting the benefit of the Max in the mid irons and not having to pay the extra cost in the shorter irons.
    In my Sun Mountain C-130 bag:
    Driver:
    Callaway X2 Hot 10.5*
    Fairway Woods:
    Callaway X2 Hot 3Deep 14.5*
    Hybrid:
    Callaway XHot 3, 4 and 5
    Irons:
    6-Gap Mizuno JPX EZs
    Wedges:
    54* and 58* Titleist Vokey
    Putter:
    SeeMore M5w
    Ball:
    Bridgestone e6

Club Pro
    Handicap
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex View Post
    I think they are targeted to those with slower swing speeds and lower launch angles, but the slot is only part of the equation. They also have wider soles that provide a little better margin of error on fat shots and probably a weighting more similar to a hybrid that promotes a little higher launch. Also have slightly lighter shafts to help promote a faster swing speed. If you struggle with the launch angle with the mid-irons in the Rocketbladz you could possibly do a mixed set with the Maxes in the mid irons.
    I struggle with the 4,5,6 irons so I use rbz stage 2 hybrids as I can launch them better and I only use the 7-LW in the rocketbladez.
    in my Gotham cart bag
    Driver SLDRs 14
    Driver SLDR Mini 16
    Fairway Wood I25. 3W
    Hybrid Jetspeed 4,5,6
    Irons I25 7-UW
    Wedges I25 SW,LW
    Putter Spider Mallet
    Ball DT Solo
    GPS SGX

Handicap
    14 ish
    Thanks
    I struggle with the 4,5,6 irons so I use rbz stage 2 hybrids as I can launch them better and I only use the 7-LW in the rocketbladez.
    I used to have the same problem Chas. when I bought the bladez I only bought from 5, and intended to replace the 5 with my hybrid. I then discovered that I could hit the five, and even ordered a 4. These are now goto clubs for me!
    @stulennon - @Tidworth_GC
    Astonished Previous AND CURRENT Holder of the UK THP Hackers Cup
    All Left-handed in a wee bag on my back
    G25 Regular - 10.5
    G25 4 Wood Reg
    G25 7 Wood Reg - The Gentleman's Persuader
    G25 5-W Orange Dot Nippon 950 Regular
    52 and 60 Degree
    Studio Select Newport
    2014 HCP 19.0>17.2>17.3>17.4>17.5>17.6>17.7>17.8>16.3>13.7

Handicap
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tequila4kapp View Post
    I am not sure I follow or agree with uman's reasoning, but I reach the same conclusion.

I would say no because I think the Bladez are already extremely good GI clubs and provide superior forgiveness and distance. I suspect the Max irons do provide additional benefit but I suspect it is not substantial enough to justify 5 extra bills. Note that I have not hit the Max irons, however. Check out TMs website and read the info about the clubs...from memory, it seemed to me there was a good amount of difference in the technologies between the clubs - I seem to recall removable toe weighs or something in the Max irons, for example.

To the point about lofts...based on what we saw with the Bladez, I suspect appropriate launch angles have been maintained with the Max irons. If so, stronger lofts would be a good thing, as it would mean even greater distance with still high launching and soft landing balls. Those characteristics are usually desirable to most mid to high handicappers. But again, at least for me, I would be very content with the regular Bladez and couldn't personally see spending the additional money.
    Agree with tequila's more in depth response. Pretty sure the premium priced max version is in the super game improvement category and there is are ample amount of iron sets in this category at significantly lower price points price points.

Driver Taylormade SLDR, 12 Degree
    Or Taylormade R11S, 9 Degree, Miyazaki

Fairways Taylor Made 2007 Burner #3
    Rocketballz Stage 2 #5
    Hybrid Callaway Razr 21
    Irons #5 - PW Taylormade Rocketballz

Wedges Ping G5 50, Vokey Raw 54; Vokey Raw 60 ( bent to 58+), Project X Shafts,
    Putter YES Victoria II

Club Pro
    Handicap
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Bandito View Post
    I used to have the same problem Chas. when I bought the bladez I only bought from 5, and intended to replace the 5 with my hybrid. I then discovered that I could hit the five, and even ordered a 4. These are now goto clubs for me!
    i still have the 5 & the 6, but the rbz stage 2 hybrids launch so easily and land soft, i can hit the 5 & the 6 irons okish, but i cant get the desired ball flight so i stick with the hybrids.
    in my Gotham cart bag
    Driver SLDRs 14
    Driver SLDR Mini 16
    Fairway Wood I25. 3W
    Hybrid Jetspeed 4,5,6
    Irons I25 7-UW
    Wedges I25 SW,LW
    Putter Spider Mallet
    Ball DT Solo
    GPS SGX

Handicap
    14 ish
    Thanks
    i still have the 5 & the 6, but the rbz stage 2 hybrids launch so easily and land soft, i can hit the 5 & the 6 irons okish, but i cant get the desired ball flight so i stick with the hybrids.
    Whatever works...well, works! Do the hybrids give you a nice smooth progression in term of gaps?
    G25 Regular - 10.5
    G25 4 Wood Reg
    52 and 60 Degree
    Studio Select Newport

Club Pro
    Handicap
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Bandito View Post
    Whatever works...well, works! Do the hybrids give you a nice smooth progression in term of gaps?
    yes they do, i have roughly 10 yards gap between each club
    in my Gotham cart bag
    Driver SLDRs 14
    Driver SLDR Mini 16
    Fairway Wood I25. 3W
    Hybrid Jetspeed 4,5,6
    Irons I25 7-UW
    Wedges I25 SW,LW
    Putter Spider Mallet
    Ball DT Solo
    GPS SGX

Handicap
    14 ish
    Thanks
    yes they do, i have roughly 10 yards gap between each club
    Sounds like a fantastic setup. I play the stage 2 3 hybrid at the top of my bag, and need to get some practice in...it's still a volatile relationship:)
    G25 Regular - 10.5
    G25 4 Wood Reg
    52 and 60 Degree
    Studio Select Newport