Your Ultimate Vacation?

KEV

Proud 2018 The Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
This weekend my wife and I are heading out on a 5 day vacation to Portland and as I'm sitting here mentally organizing for the trip I dazed off and started to think about what my personal dream vacation would be.

As much as I would love to go overseas and visit historical landmarks I still go back to simply wanting the peace and quiet of somewhere like Colorado, Montana or the Black Hills of South Dakota. A nice cabin to stay in with a hot tub and surrounded by the forest. There would need to be plenty of great golf opportunities around. I love getting out and hiking, biking, 4 wheeling, fishing and just taking in the fresh air. The kind of quiet you can get in that surrounding is completely rejuvenating for me. It's my happy place!

If cost was not an issue what would your ultimate vacation be?

A mate of mine has been posting on Facebook as he travels Arizon, Vegas and California. So far, he's been out for about 3 weeks. I vaguely remember holidays like that.

Dive the Great Barrier Reef ...

I just returned from my honeymoon in Jackson Hole and I will definitely be going back again. It fits very well with what you described. Wonderful weather and equally beautiful. Also the food was awesome. We didn't have a bad meal.

Only someone who lives in South Dakota, would say the ultimate vacation is in South Dakota.

I would love to go on a long tour of South America. I freaking loved Costa Rica, I would like to see many more of the countries down there.

Coast to coast motorcycle trip on my Harley, with having my golf clubs shipped to various courses along the way. Maybe catch a NASCAR race somewhere in there too.

New Zealand. Been on my list a long time. Would love to see it

I could stand a week in California at the Grandaddy!!!

Only someone who lives in South Dakota, would say the ultimate vacation is in South Dakota.

This is very true.

I'd have to say Fiji. Pics of that place look fantastic. Also Dubai I could do that

Dream vacation is heading up to Alaska and spending a week off grid.

Ireland. My mother land. I'd love to go.

Thailand and Bali is the ultimate that's attainable. The most unrealistic one I have is Antarctica.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I want to take the Grand European Tour with Viking River cruises that starts in Budapest and goes all the way to Amsterdam over like two weeks stopping everywhere in between. All the old cities and cathedrals and museums and castles...

East coast swing of nothing but golf in the day and baseball at night.
jacksonville to Boston
golf in the day with minor or Major League Baseball at night

Ireland - London - Scotland
Then France - Italy - Spain
The Greek Isles
Australia
And finally…I want to see Mumford and Sons play the Red Rocks Amphitheater (I know I already missed this).

My honeymoon: iceland, france, italy, spain and ireland

Best vacation I have taken to date was to participate in a private group rafting trip through the Grand Canyon. There is something so powerful about spending a few weeks having infinite water power throw you around like you are meaningless and living in crazy close quarters with several others on micro-sections of land deep in an unescapable canyon. There is a lot of learning about self (and scarcity of resources) that happens. I started that trip as one person and finished as another, permanently changed.

I have been blessed to experience a multitude of amazing trips, but think ones with experiential meaning are the best. It wasn't a vacation, but I once helped to take a group of teachers from across the US on a science training trip through Yellowstone and Glacier (Crown of the Continent) ecosystems. I know these places very well, but seeing them in part through their eyes as they learned was amazing beyond measure. There was so much there that I could never create with even unlimited money.

Wife and I have been wanting to goto Bora Bora. She just booked us for next June. Staying at the Four Seasons, they have individual villas built over the ocean with your own small swimming pool. Place looks unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love to take the wife and kids to my birthplace. Capetown south Africa, and take them to a wild life reserve, the amazing beaches, and to table mountain. Maybe squeeze in a round or two of golf for myself while there

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

This is true, very true. What can I say, I don't get out much...

Back to the Greek Isles with my wife. Such a great honeymoon and damn we need to get back.

Four of my closest buddies... And their wives (if they must join)...

Somewhere that has a beach for the weirdos women and kids, and great golf for the dudes. Right around five days of that. Ideally a place with a small kitchen and a BBQ in case going out becomes a hassle. I'm really not an extravagant kind of guy, so for me it's more about the situation than the accommodations (as long as the accommodations are above 'nice').

Back