They are both great stores to deal with and I personally have delt with DD more because I have been buying from them long before I joined THP but do a lot of business with Blind9 now.

Just got off the phone with them and I was advised they don't deal with Ping any longer. What a shame.

was reading on another forum that they were saying the reason was that pings quality control was not upto scratch but really it was that they were selling there ping irons for lot less than ping were allowing so ping cut them of

was reading on another forum that they were saying the reason was that pings quality control was not upto scratch but really it was that they were selling there ping irons for lot less than ping were allowing so ping cut them of

Yeah, that's it. Quality control.

I think the i20's were the straw that broke the camel's back with DD and Ping. On the other forum there was a huge frenzy about the new i20 irons and several people were posting about what great prices DD had for their pre-orders. This really irked some of the other Ping dealers and I think someone dropped a dime on them.

Earl

I think the i20's were the straw that broke the camel's back with DD and Ping. On the other forum there was a huge frenzy about the new i20 irons and several people were posting about what great prices DD had for their pre-orders. This really irked some of the other Ping dealers and I think someone dropped a dime on them.

Earl

Funny how so many WRX'ers were blaming consumers for being so "open" about the deals they were receiving.

Funny how so many WRX'ers were blaming consumers for being so "open" about the deals they were receiving.

So as to not kill the golden goose for themselves.
All in all, I have no problem with what Ping did. I think it's kinda odd DD's has been doing that for so long with Ping knowledge and got away with it until now but whatever. Protecting the price to protect green grass shops/value of the brand is fine.

What drives me bonkers though is that my order was in production, mostly built and then got cancelled. Haven't really let go of that one yet.

SInce the cat is out of the bag; wehat was the DD price vs. the street price? Was it that much lower?

The best example I can give about price was the R11 TP I bought from them pretty much after launch. Street price was $499 + I had them put a midsize grip on it. If I were to buy in AZ at Golfsmith that would be $499 + $1 re-grip fee + $8 for grip + 9% tax = $553.72. I called DD's and they said $429 with no tax or shipping costs. The club came straight from Taylormade. The 588's I just ordered were $119 each so a smaller discount there but it all adds up. The Pings I got I remember the G15 iron set was a better deal than the Tour S wedges but I don't remember specifics.

Once you went with custom shafts, the price was outstanding to be honest.

Ping doesn't screw around, they have great product and they want you to pay for them. I checked out the site, good selection, but I buy used more often than not.

I caught wind of DD a week ago and emailed them about ordering a set of i20's. Here is the reply I received:

Thank you for your message! Unfortunately at this time we are no longer taking orders for Ping products. We plan to offer their products again in the future, but we won't for some time. Please let us know if there are any other products you are interested in and we will quote our always super low prices. Thanks for you interest and we hope you enjoy your golf!

Golfingly Yours,

DiscountDansGolf.com

I was kinda bummed.

They must have violated PING's pricing structure.

I've done a ton of business with them. Great service, great prices, free shipping and no taxes. :)

They must have violated PING's pricing structure.

I've done a ton of business with them. Great service, great prices, free shipping and no taxes. :)

This was obviously the reason why I reached out to them.

To answer this old thread question about DD as I have a lot of info on them and have done business with them! Their pricing is actually just ok....some of their stuff is higher then a lof of other places or sources i can go through! Also yes they violate a lot of MAP rules and PING is the most strict policy enforcers in the business and I know plnety of accounts that have been yanked! It does cause for some bad business and I actually feel DD is a little pushy once you ask a question or 2 and they say we have other people to help, well if I am ordering a 800 dollar set of irons I am wanting to get served in a sense where i can ask or take 5 minutes of their time about a product! i deal more with shop owners and consistently deal with them on a local basis and they just charge a tad above cost to make some profit but no pushy attitude and I just like it better that way! I am wanting to see Blind 9 pricing compared to DD on some different items!

Back