What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks buddy, I was pretty happy with the 40 after not playing in so long and practically running around the course, lol. Strong breeze today, but the cross winds really didn't effect the shots much other than distance. My putting was the killer and that was "Mad Scientist Duey" at his best. I keep trying different things to "Find" the stroke, but really just need to get back to the putting green and do some work.
I find putting to be last to come back if I've had a long layoff. So if you're working a lot I can see why the putter would be a slight issue.

I find putting to be last to come back if I've had a long layoff. So if you're working a lot I can see why the putter would be a slight issue.

Your exactly right there, I have zero feel for distance at this point. I'm opening at the course almost every day right now, so should be able to slip out and do a little practice putting almost every day, once they get that putting green set back up. Our new greens keeper hasn't started yet, so no mowing or anything, but the greens seemed really fast today.

Your exactly right there, I have zero feel for distance at this point. I'm opening at the course almost every day right now, so should be able to slip out and do a little practice putting almost every day, once they get that putting green set back up. Our new greens keeper hasn't started yet, so no mowing or anything, but the greens seemed really fast today.
Days get longer tomorrow night, that will help as well.

Ooh, forgot about that. Putting in some monster days right now, lol. I'm a much better golfer than bartender right now, haha

Days have been getting longer for about 2 -1/2 months now, hehehe. It will be getting darker later though, hahaha.

Did you like the double hehe haha in this one post?

41/37-78

9/14 Fairways hit
8/18 GIR
28 Putts

Couldn't get the wheels going early, and as a result I was +6 after 6 holes, including three balls in the water. Then on our 7th hole, I whipped out a long drive and left 126 to a tough pin - going into the wind, I hit a low 9I, and knew it was sweet off the club. Sure enough, it hit a foot short, danced a little, and stopped an inch behind the hole. Two holes later a big drive around the corner left me just 64 to the pin, and I almost holed another one, stopping a foot away. Two holes later and going uphill into the wind from 166, I stoked a 4I dead at the tucked left rear pin, and when I got to where I could see the result, it was yet another leaner, just over 3 feet away for another birdie. I frittered away a couple late in the round to back up to +6 again for the final count. Still, we had 24 players in the Saturday gaggle, and two of those birdies held up for skins, so it was again a profitable round if not the prettiest effort of the year.

Shot 77 in a tournament today and just didn't hit it well as a whole, disappointed in my ball striking.

To give myself a break it was pretty windy and it didn't help my cut as much as I thought it would thru the first 4 or 5 holes. The course was also in fairly bad shape with some fairways pretty much gone from Mole Crickets, atleast they gave us a club length relief but that wasn't enough every time. The Greens were over seeded and very inconsistent, fast where the grass was thin and like velcro in other places.

Got out today for the first time with a buddy, played a course I've never played before, was about 40 degrees and windy when we started, got above 55 by the time we finished. Could not hit a drive to save my life today was sending everything left, shot an even 100 which is my average score so I guess for the first time in the season that's pretty good. Going to another new course tuesday (The Rail in Springfield IL used to be an LPGA stop) hoping I can get my driver under control and bring that score down a bit.

I had to work today and it was beautiful out. I rushed home grabbed my clubs and went and played 9 holes. Shot a 45. My irons again were tough on me. But man there was a bunch of wind. No 3 putts at all and had 3- 1 putts! Off tomorrow gonna use my Clicgear for the first time. Plus the wind is supposed to be gone. Gonna hit a bucket with my irons as a warm up. Hopefully I can get a decent gage of every part of my game.

Fear The Frog! Amphibians can Tapatalk.

I had to work today and it was beautiful out. I rushed home grabbed my clubs and went and played 9 holes. Shot a 45. My irons again were tough on me. But man there was a bunch of wind. No 3 putts at all and had 3- 1 putts! Off tomorrow gonna use my Clicgear for the first time. Plus the wind is supposed to be gone. Gonna hit a bucket with my irons as a warm up. Hopefully I can get a decent gage of every part of my game.

gl just took my clicgear out of box too...playing 18 tomorrow but i think riding

You took it out of the box. Use it!

You took it out of the box. Use it!

i got guests playing tomorrow their deal includes cart so im gonna roll with them...but using it for 9 wed at new club

I shot a very ho hum 85 that I really wasn't that into. For some reason I couldn't get into the round and I was playing by myself which I didn't really like and I didn't seem to have any energy either. It was a 42 - 43 and I didn't do anything well, or anything bad, nor did I seem to care. Just a weird round.

A fantastic 93, thanks to my drives, but I now have more faith in my irons and putting. :beat-up:

Started off with a damn decent 41. Then the back nine was nothing but crowded and 3x slower than the front was. Don't know what happened but it slowed me down and I ended up going 48. Damnit. What coulda/shoulda been a low 80s ended up much higher.

46/42. Way too many three putts. 1st time out with the new putter and was trying to dial in distance. Shorter Executive course. Par 62...played true to my handicap today

Shot a 40/40 for an 80. I hate to sound like Tiger, but I shot as high as I could today. Only missed 1 fairway all day, and had 9 GIRs, but 36 putts. 1 up-and-down, and 1 3-jack. The greens had been aerated a little over a week ago, so that had a little something to do with my poor putting, but I also wasn't getting the ball very close to the hole on my approaches or pitches. Strange round for me.

Shot 79 with a triple bogey on a par 3 after hitting by tee shot in the water. Very happy with the driver. I need to get my approach shots a bit closer for better chances for birdies.

+12/+9
wind was ridiculous but i kept one ball in play and a broke a hundred(barely)

It didn't matter what I shot for a score today because it was my first round since early October. Golf has returned to SE MN, earlier than I can ever remember. We're about 2 or 3 weeks ahead of schedule for opening the first courses.

86. Still suffering from chip yips..but good news is my back's better.

Sent from my DROID X2

Bulldog, you should head my way some weekend.

I just might, may havta wait till June or so

Sent from my DROID X2

I just might, may havta wait till June or so

Sent from my DROID X2

I know it's a long haul for you, but I'd love to have you here for a round or two if it works out some day.

Since coming home for Spring Break Ive been able to get out and play at my course I worked at in the summer, and put up 9's of 39,38 and 37 and shot a 79 today for 18, havent been on a course period in almost a month before this week so I am thrilled how I am playing, particularly with my putting so very happy right now, but unfortunately gotta get back to school Monday, but just happy to have played and played well this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back