Golden Gate Bridge documentary

trae*

no post ***** aka"active"
Reaction score
Handicap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnpb_Q4osyY&feature=related

has anyone seen this ?it is so sad, i did not watch but maybe 5 minutes of it .the feeling in my stomach after seeing the first one just wasnt right. i thought they had built a fence to stop people from jumping though?can any bay area locals confirm that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnpb_Q4osyY&feature=related

has anyone seen this ?it is so sad, i did not watch but maybe 5 minutes of it .the feeling in my stomach after seeing the first one just wasnt right. i thought they had built a fence to stop people from jumping though?can any bay area locals confirm that?

No fence buddy. It still happens a lot and being that I am in the Coast Guard out here, we deal with this A LOT!
It's kind of one of the topics that we don't talk about because it's gruesome and sad.

No fence buddy. It still happens a lot and being that I am in the Coast Guard out here, we deal with this A LOT!
It's kind of one of the topics that we don't talk about because it's gruesome and sad.

where they supposed to build one? some people from the forum this was posted on said it discussed a tax payer funded fence to be built but not sure if that was true or not.

where they supposed to build one? some people from the forum this was posted on said it discussed a tax payer funded fence to be built but not sure if that was true or not.

Possibly if I recall correctly, but all a fence will do will P.O. the people of San Francisco. People will B***h about how aweful it makes the bridge look.
So I really don't think it will ever happen dude. Plus a fence will only slow down a jumper, if there's a will there's a way.

Possibly if I recall correctly, but all a fence will do will P.O. the people of San Francisco. People will B***h about how aweful it makes the bridge look.
So I really don't think it will ever happen dude. Plus a fence will only slow down a jumper, if there's a will there's a way.

This is so freaking sad. I hate thinking about it, but unfortunately it is a harsh reality.

I just watched an hour of it and I could never imagine the desperation a person must feel to take such a measure. Pain is pain there's no denying that, but I feel bad for them that this is the only way out. I fear for many though, this is a permanent solution to temporary situations.

I just finished it. Really sad, somewhat graphic. Just in awe about this stuff

I just watched an hour of it and I could never imagine the desperation a person must feel to take such a measure. Pain is pain there's no denying that, but I feel bad for them that this is the only way out. I fear for many though, this is a permanent solution to temporary situations.

it is .. from reading the other forum where i got this from i fast forwarded to 1:25 and watched from there . The guy that jumps shortly after that apparently could not find work(may have been more to it then that) his friends who are on the video said that on his answering machine there was a message left from a company that was offering him a manager job but they dont think he got that message before jumping.

I am assuming this is from the same documentary but there was a guy that jumped and survived. When interviewed, they asked him what the experience was like and he said "As soon as you let you, you wish you didnt" (Or something of that nature)

I am assuming this is from the same documentary but there was a guy that jumped and survived. When interviewed, they asked him what the experience was like and he said "As soon as you let you, you wish you didnt" (Or something of that nature)

not sure i couldnt watch the whole thing .. wonder how many people have survived that?

not sure i couldnt watch the whole thing .. wonder how many people have survived that?

I remember Opie and Anthony talking about it and I think they had the director on. I believe that guy was the only one to ever survive.

Yep that was on here. Some dude jumped and was able to survive. Being held up by a seal when he was rescued. Crazy

it is .. from reading the other forum where i got this from i fast forwarded to 1:25 and watched from there . The guy that jumps shortly after that apparently could not find work(may have been more to it then that) his friends who are on the video said that on his answering machine there was a message left from a company that was offering him a manager job but they dont think he got that message before jumping.

That was Gene, the one common denominator for these folks was they just felt like they were different or didn't belong, very sad. It's amazing that they have so many jumpers on film. I'm still feeling wierd about watching it and saying Hi to a stranger has never been so easy for me.

I've seen the entire thing, it's called "The Bridge" and is a really intense documentary. They kept cameras on the bridge for something like a year, and caught most of the suicides that occurred that year. It's well done as far as a film is concerned, but certainly a little horrifying to watch. To me, the most amazing thing to think about was on the full bridge shots. You see this massive, beautiful structure, traffic, pedestrians, and then just a tiny little splash in the water out of nowhere. Eerie to think that that is a human life ending.

Re: the fence...I was reading a little about this. For years, there has been a not so small pocket of folks who really want something put up, but there is push-back that is mostly due to what it would do to the aesthetics of the bridge (and hence could affect tourism, I guess?). Although, the last I had heard, there was a little give from both sides and there were tentative agreements to potentially allow a net to be put up. I cannot confirm this, though, so it may be totally wrong.

Oh my god!!! I'm stunned

This was a fantastic documentary. It is extremely morbid but amazingly done. Depression is an overwhelming force at times. The bridge itself is a fascinating topic. I think it took something like 40 years to paint it.

Somewhere I read that most people who jump, jump looking towards the city and not the ocean and that a couple people have jumped twice. Crazy stuff

Man. I was glued to that.

Posted via tapatalk.

Just read the comments and watching it now. Sends chills down the spine to say the least

wow actually decided to watch the entire thing .. the dude that pulls the chick back up before she jumps ... thats crazy

The whole thing was really good. Gene went big time.

Yea Hawk just finished the entire thing it was really good . Glad i decided to watch it

I started it last night. Will finish it tonight. Crazy opening.

I watches 30 min last night and can't wait to finish it tonight

I found the whole thing riveting from beginning to end. And i'm still in shock over the amount of desperation they must have had in order to do it. It was an incredible hour and a half.

Back