Fubuki Tour 53 Light weight High torque Tighter dispersion?

deano802

Reaction score
Handicap
Been struggling with my driver recently R11s Kai'li 60 S, went from hitting high spin shots right one week to low spin left the next, finally sorted it out and got fitted for a more suitable shaft. 100mph ss

Tried about 15 shafts at my fitter around the 60-70g mark and i was spraying them a little bit, then he put the Fubuki Tour 53 S (actually 57g I think) with higher tourque (4.2) than almost anything else I tried before and everything went straight down the middle, i could fade/draw on demand, swing smooth or hard and it just worked every time, i found it hard to miss the fw, it was so tight. I feel it let me swing exactly the way I want to (swing thought "turn and hinge").

I didn't even try any other fubuki shaft like the 63 or a or k after that, and he could have charged me what he liked. The only thing that i had an afterthought about was that the spin was about 3000, and maybe 2600-2750 could be perfect and maybe I should have tried the Tour 63 but I tend to need the launch angle so I will just play a low spin ball like Hex Black or V1x.

How does this work?? that going lighter and more active tip has actually had the effect that I thought going the opposite way would. Considering that the best i've driven it in the last couple of years has been with a Proforce V2 66 S which is the opposite end of the scale. Confusing! :banghead:

I told you the fubuki tour would work great for you. I was astonished at how well my 63 series as worked for me, ive never hit the ball so straight in my life. I decided to put the 63 series in my 3 wood and same results long and straight. As far as your concern with the v2 the v2 as a more active tip than the fubuki tour because of the mdt weaving in the tip of the fubuki leading to the v2 having a slightly higher ball flight compared to the fubuki due to slightly higher spin rates. The fubuki as a more active midsection that helps with loading the shaft where as the v2 as a stiffer midsection for stronger swingers that dont need any extra help with loading the shaft which contributes to a lower torque rating.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

You did say, and even though the first time I put it in play on the weekend didn't go so well for me (a couple of hooks!) I know the LM doesn't lie and it is the one for me, I know if I hit a bad shot it is my fault!

If your miss becomes a consistent hook it could be the higher torque. If you have the ability I would go back and hit the 63 series and compare the two. The 63 has slightly less torque so it will prevent you from going way left. Personally ive never had a shaft perform as well as the fubuki 63 has. You might wanna look at sticking one in your 3 wood also, I did and man it made my 3 wood play so much better.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

Glad you like it. I love the Fubuki series and recently played the Fubuki K in my 910. The Tour was a little too loose for me, the Alpha was a little better, and the K was almost perfect.

Back