Phobias....who has em?

Me too. Don't like bees, wasps, hornets. I actually don't mind cicada killer wasps, because they don't mess with people.

just be thankful we dont have the japanese giant hornet here

mother of god those things are bad ass
img_5842.jpg

I have a small fear of spiders myself. When I got married almost 3 years ago, my wife and i moved into an old country home. We have had some real monsters...

14100_611669133623_63200049_35018681_843476_n.jpg

Additionally, hate heights, and any type of bee, wasp, etc.

Tap tap taparoo

Bees & the like. More because I'm allergic than anything else. Never had a problem with them before I found out...

I am afraid of heights though. That tower video gives me vertigo just watching it. I do like roller coasters though. Go figure.

Easily snakes. Seen too many on the course, I don't look for balls very long in the woods or near water in the summer time.

just be thankful we dont have the japanese giant hornet here

mother of god those things are bad ass
img_5842.jpg

The cicada killer is pretty big as well:

cicada%20killer%20on%20finger.jpg
Cicada-Killer-Wasps.jpg
cicada-killer_2.jpg

Sorry, but I don't do spiders, or roaches. That may make me a wuss, but, they just gross me out. Even killing them, the crunch...just thinking about it grosses me out.

i will take those over the hornet any day of the week lol

I definately have a fear of spiders. I don't run screaming, but I do tend to overreact when I kill them. I have never understood the whole gentle method of capturing it in a tissue and taking it outside or flushing it. My most embarasing moment was when one was on my car windshield. I could'nt tell if it was on the inside or the outside so I "gently" tapped it and cracked my entire windshield.

I have seen that before. Unbelievable.

yea there was a nat geo hour long show about them before it was awesome . especially the part about how the asian honey bee has a defense against them . it lures the single hornet inside the nest/hive and they swarm it and bascially cook it by heating their body temps up.

Snakes,rollercoasters,barking dogs (wierd but true,just when they bark) um ....rats I hate em,on the other hand I love mice :D

UMMM, this is me to a tee! I have a real fear of spiders and go all APE sh*t HAM when I even se them on TV. The only phobia I have....that and being alone...hehe...seriously I hate spiders
So the "little cutie" snake thread got me to thinking about a phobias thread

my biggest and probably only one is spiders.now i dont scream like a little girl when i see them or anything they just make my skin crawl. they are so evil looking especially the black widow which i have killed 8 of in and around my house in the 3 years since we had it built.

So whats yours?

I actually love snakes and spiders, I guess growing up on an Australian farm means you have to get used to them. I used to catch them as pets.

For me my phobia is performing. I used to do stand up comedy and before every show I'd be sick for hours with fear and anxiety.

I don't know that I have any....used to catch snakes as a kid, spiders and bugs...nope....heights...I have actually ridden one of those broadcast tower elevators and stood at 1500 feet on the little landing, plus I have bunji jumped and done 6 skydives....can't really think of anything.

Spiders. I hate 'em! Im fine around rats, snakes or just about any kind of bugs but for some reason spiders freak me out.

I'm terrified of three foot down hill right-to-left putts on slick greens.

Those Asian Hornets are pretty scary. I had an encounter with a nest of those in a hollow oak tree that had fallen in a remote driveway. I trimmed with the chainsaw enough to get by and left the main part of the tree up on the hill side above. Another guy started the job but got chased off by the bees. I didn't know anything about them until the encounter and sure didn't know such a bee was in this part of the country.

I'm terrified of three foot down hill right-to-left putts on slick greens.

Those Asian Hornets are pretty scary. I had an encounter with a nest of those in a hollow oak tree that had fallen in a remote driveway. I trimmed with the chainsaw enough to get by and left the main part of the tree up on the hill side above. Another guy started the job but got chased off by the bees. I didn't know anything about them until the encounter and sure didn't know such a bee was in this part of the country.

you are talking about regular american hornets not the giant badboys they arent in america.

1. The dentist hate going bad experiences as a kid better now though..
2. heights
3.Public speaking in front of stangers..

yea public speaking gets me too

Ok, those pics forced me to get out of this thread. I can barely look at black widow grips. :shock:

Back