Morgan Cup - Preparation Thread

I had another lesson yesterday and we were able to work some more htings out. I played saturday as well. What a weekend for golf!

How was that lesson?

I saw that on FB that TC's hcp is down to a 2.2. That's fantastic. Too bad he can't take the Ci11s with him.

How was that lesson?

Fantastic actually, he put the last few pieces together for my full swing and we will be going B2lls to the wall with short game next week. I'm loving it dude. He said he was shocked that I got my path where it was and we just tweaked it more.

Good to hear it buddy.

I still have five left, but I'm trying to wean myself off a little bit to make them last lol.

I worked on my game on course this weekend and my driver is so much more improved over what it was. My misses are manageable now and I am much much straighter. I am still working on getting my length back, but that is secondary. I feel confidant pulling the driver out again.

Also, my irons are improving dramatically. GrantD mentioned something about taking a divot earlier and it made me realize that I was not taking the divots that I used to take. I started hitting down on the ball and I am making much better contact. The only problem now is that I am launching the ball super high in the air.

I love reading all this prep you guys are putting in. Breeze the numbers and shaft recommendations you posted are similar to what I had at the beginning of this month when I was able to get on the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer. I still feel like I'm leaning toward the PX Flighted though because I really like the performance and feel of that shaft.

INternetGolfer that is a hilarious pic of the Superman shirt and I loved your response when it was posted here. Good sport and that was a really funny pic!

I'm finally able to get 100% focused on my preparation, just had 1 round outside last Friday but the weather is going to be great for the long term it looks like so I plan on getting tons of driving range time in. Getting my new Bettinardi outside on grass has been nice, I have been putting in a ton of work putting in the basement and will continue to focus on that aspect as well.

Keep up the hard work everyone!

Jake - doesn't it feel nice to roll the ball on a real green? They still are in sub-par condition, but it sure beats everything inside.

Just got news my club should be opening tomorrow. I might just have to make my way there after work.

Jake - doesn't it feel nice to roll the ball on a real green? They still are in sub-par condition, but it sure beats everything inside.

Just got news my club should be opening tomorrow. I might just have to make my way there after work.
It's way better dude! When I played on Friday there was still a lot of sand on them but we got a bunch of rain last night so that will help clean that up. I keep expecting the other shoe to drop and we get a bunch of snow but the 15 day forecast is calling for temps in the 60s and 70s straight through. I love it!

Lol I had all these replies typed but my session lost them. Good work all haha.

It's amazing how differwent and energized you feel when you can actually start hitting and practicing outdoors without layering up like an eskimo

I love reading all this prep you guys are putting in. Breeze the numbers and shaft recommendations you posted are similar to what I had at the beginning of this month when I was able to get on the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer. I still feel like I'm leaning toward the PX Flighted though because I really like the performance and feel of that shaft.

INternetGolfer that is a hilarious pic of the Superman shirt and I loved your response when it was posted here. Good sport and that was a really funny pic!

I'm finally able to get 100% focused on my preparation, just had 1 round outside last Friday but the weather is going to be great for the long term it looks like so I plan on getting tons of driving range time in. Getting my new Bettinardi outside on grass has been nice, I have been putting in a ton of work putting in the basement and will continue to focus on that aspect as well.

Had a chance to play 3 rounds last week. The week started off with me having two energy drinks in the morning. One while I was working out and the next on the course. That was a big mistake. I wasn't myself, felt like snapping clubs and even slammed one in the ground. Something I did as a teenager. I don't know what came over me, other than I'm going to lay off the energy drinks. The wind was howling, I couldn't do anything right and was lucky to break 90.

Fast forward to Wednesday and Thursday and an energy drink-less player hit the links and I broke 80 both times, under windy conditions. Sheesh, this is the windy time of the year for sure.

Still need to eliminate the penalty shots I'm incurring. Had 27 and 28 putts, but still missed too many greens. Been putting in some more iron and wedge work to get the GIRs up.

Overall real happy with the changes I've made and the work is paying off.

Tappin from my iPad

Had a chance to play 3 rounds last week. The week started off with me having two energy drinks in the morning. One while I was working out and the next on the course. That was a big mistake. I wasn't myself, felt like snapping clubs and even slammed one in the ground. Something I did as a teenager. I don't know what came over me, other than I'm going to lay off the energy drinks. The wind was howling, I couldn't do anything right and was lucky to break 90.

Fast forward to Wednesday and Thursday and an energy drink-less player hit the links and I broke 80 both times, under windy conditions. Sheesh, this is the windy time of the year for sure.

Still need to eliminate the penalty shots I'm incurring. Had 27 and 28 putts, but still missed too many greens. Been putting in some more iron and wedge work to get the GIRs up.

Overall real happy with the changes I've made and the work is paying off.

Tappin from my iPad

Having played with you at the outing and then the MC, I got to see a change. I loved the way you would just hammer the ball but understood why you wanted more control. I was hitting next to a pro yesterday, heard him crush an iron and was reminded when i got to play a round or two with you. Glad its paying off dude. Hope we get another one in this MC. Kinda weird to be facing you but fun nonetheless!

Thanks P4B, you never know, maybe the shirt will make it to Myrtle Beach.

Glad to see so many of us getting some great weather to get out and play outdoors again! The prep thread is about to start blowing up even more! I got out twice this past weekend and the weather for this upcoming week after today is sunny and high 60's-low 70's all week and weekend. Definitely going to get some great practice. I'm really glad for this too because I want to make sure I have my swing where I want it when I go get fit on Sunday. Don't want to go into a fitting with a jacked up swing. I hope this nice weather stays around for everyone! Can't wait to hear more about everyone's prep.

Having played with you at the outing and then the MC, I got to see a change. I loved the way you would just hammer the ball but understood why you wanted more control. I was hitting next to a pro yesterday, heard him crush an iron and was reminded when i got to play a round or two with you. Glad its paying off dude. Hope we get another one in this MC. Kinda weird to be facing you but fun nonetheless!

Control is such a good way of putting it...just want to control that ball...hehe.

That's the part that will be hard to get used to. Going into the first cup as teammates and now as competitors with the likes of you, One-T and P4B. That winning team will always mean a lot to me and hope that serves you guys well in the MC2.0.

Tappin from my iPad

Control is such a good way of putting it...just want to control that ball...hehe.

That's the part that will be hard to get used to. Going into the first cup as teammates and now as competitors with the likes of you, One-T and P4B. That winning team will always mean a lot to me and hope that serves you guys well in the MC2.0.

Tappin from my iPad

It will dude. Learned a lot and had a ton of fun from our convos (non skype of course) and you all helped prepare us for a good run. It'll be different but I'm when we are all standing on the tee box a lot of it will be the same too!

The grizzly ole vet Yoccos, I love it.

Tappin from my iPad

The grizzly ole vet Yoccos, I love it.

Tappin from my iPad

Lol. I'm not sure how much I can help anyone but I'll be there to make fun of them, thats for sure!

Lol. I'm not sure how much I can help anyone but I'll be there to make fun of them, thats for sure!

More than you give yourself credit for...that's for sure my man.

Tappin from my iPad

More than you give yourself credit for...that's for sure my man.

Tappin from my iPad

haha, we will rock it again dude. This I'm sure of. I like to talk trash but a lot of the prep is prepping yourself to have a great time. Gotta have that energy just flowing.

Finally got back to the range on Sunday. I was, I think understandably, tentative, and started out with what were really less than 1/2 swings with a 6 iron. Totally fearing a big relapse. I slowly built up to 3/4 swings, and then even got after a few full swings when I was down around the 8-iron. Started hitting wedges, and man do these 588's get up quick and easy, Decided to hit 1 more wedge with about 8 balls left and then was going to hit the driver a few times. Hit another sky rocket with the 56*, and felt a small twinge. Didn't bother to risk it after that, just packed up went home and started icing. Not too bad today, so I know I did the right thing by stopping yesterday. It sure did feel good to get out again, even if it wasn't for a full bucket, and all in all, I was pleased with how I was hitting the ball.

Good to hear, dude.

Finally got back to the range on Sunday. I was, I think understandably, tentative, and started out with what were really less than 1/2 swings with a 6 iron. Totally fearing a big relapse. I slowly built up to 3/4 swings, and then even got after a few full swings when I was down around the 8-iron. Started hitting wedges, and man do these 588's get up quick and easy, Decided to hit 1 more wedge with about 8 balls left and then was going to hit the driver a few times. Hit another sky rocket with the 56*, and felt a small twinge. Didn't bother to risk it after that, just packed up went home and started icing. Not too bad today, so I know I did the right thing by stopping yesterday. It sure did feel good to get out again, even if it wasn't for a full bucket, and all in all, I was pleased with how I was hitting the ball.

Thats great you were able to get back out there dude!!! Good on you for stopping too.

Thats great you were able to get back out there dude!!! Good on you for stopping too.

It was so nice bro. 65* and sunny with a little breeze. Seeing my regular doc tomorrow too. Gonna hit her up for some steroids to get this back fully healed a little quicker.

It was so nice bro. 65* and sunny with a little breeze. Seeing my regular doc tomorrow too. Gonna hit her up for some steroids to get this back fully healed a little quicker.

Thats good dude. Just watch the tendons!!! :) Good going Yorkos!

Back