Trying To Break 90 Club

Congrats, gcruz!

Shot 94 on a Par 71 yesterday...annoyingly, I could've easily broken 90. Triple bogeyed two par 3s and had two 20 foot putts for par lip out :angry:

Shot 94 on a Par 71 yesterday...annoyingly, I could've easily broken 90. Triple bogeyed two par 3s and had two 20 foot putts for par lip out :angry:

keep at it, you are getting close!

those triple bogeys are your ennemy, did you get a penalty? had trouble getting out bunkers?

keep at it, you are getting close!

those triple bogeys are your ennemy, did you get a penalty? had trouble getting out bunkers?

I miss-hit my tee shots both times and ended up short in bad places. One to the edge of a ditch and the other right behind a tree. Need to work on hitting irons straight off the tee.

Last year was the first time I hit that sweet sweet 88! Part 71 course. Finished with a birdie too! Hoping to hit 85 this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Finally, I broke 90 today. Shot 46 on the front 9 and I thought I wasn't going to break 90 at all as I usually play the back 9 worse. Only hit 1 fairway on the front 9 and shot 3 over on one of the par 3s but I did chip in for a birdie on one of the holes. Played the back 9 was way better. Hit 5/7 fairways. and no blowouts at all although putting could have been better. Shot 42 for a total of 88.

Good to read a success story. Nice job. One of my goals for 2014 is to break 90. I've played 2 rounds so far for 92 and 95. Hope this Sunday will be a step in the right direction.

Getting so close. Shot 91 today. I finished really strong shooting par on 3 of the last 4 holes, and the other hole was an acceptable bogey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I FINALLY DID IT.

88 at Eagle Glen. 44 per side.

My putting was still terrible. 41 putts total....including a missed 4' for birdie. Ugggh. But I made a 20' on the par 5 18th for bird to seal the deal!!

the other stats also helped make it happen:

12/14 fairways
10 GIRs
Only 1 penalty
No triple bogies
No bunkers

It feels so great. If only my putting was in order....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I suppose I should check in here since I'm in the 90s most of the time now and am trying to get into the 80s. My last round was a 94 on my 70.5/123 home course. That round included a triple on a par 5 and a triple on a par 3. my PB is a 91 on a 67.5/119 course which works out to almost the exact same diff, although neither of those rounds is on my handicap yet and the PB was before I started tracking my cap. GHIN says it's trending to a 20.7... depending on how much golf I get to play over the next few weeks that might change.

my goals for 2014 are to break 90, get to a 15 HCP or better, shoot one side in the 30s, and to have a double-bogey-free round. Not necessarily in that order :)

I FINALLY DID IT.

My putting was still terrible. 41 putts total....including a missed 4' for birdie. Ugggh. But I made a 20' on the par 5 18th for bird to seal the deal!!

12/14 fairways
10 GIRs
Only 1 penalty
No triple bogies
No bunkers

Big congratulations!

I had a 89 on the weekend 42 on the front and a 47 on the back but I must say that it started raining on the 10th hole and just got worse so by the 18th everything was wet including me, so the 47 was a good score. I ended up runner up for the day with a 68 nett got beaten by 1 stroke by a guy who played in the morning with no rain, everyone who played in the afternoon didnt score to well so I was really happy with the 89 considering the conditions.

I had a 89 on the weekend 42 on the front and a 47 on the back but I must say that it started raining on the 10th hole and just got worse so by the 18th everything was wet including me, so the 47 was a good score. I ended up runner up for the day with a 68 nett got beaten by 1 stroke by a guy who played in the morning with no rain, everyone who played in the afternoon didnt score to well so I was really happy with the 89 considering the conditions.

well done!

Once I eventually manage to get out on the course, 90 is my first target of the year seeing as I was hovering around 16/17 handicap at the end of last year....not sure when it will be managed as the courses round here are still extremely wet with all of the rain we have had

Once I eventually manage to get out on the course, 90 is my first target of the year seeing as I was hovering around 16/17 handicap at the end of last year....not sure when it will be managed as the courses round here are still extremely wet with all of the rain we have had

water is still better than snow ;)

water is still better than snow ;)

I won't argue with that point :D

But trying to walk round a golf course where you are up to your ankles in standing water at times isn't my idea of fun so I will pass for now

I won't argue with that point :D

But trying to walk round a golf course where you are up to your ankles in standing water at times isn't my idea of fun so I will pass for now

I won't argue with that point either :D

As usual at the beginning of the season, I am in this club. Two rounds in California last week, and I shot 51/45-96 in each round. Haven't played in Kansas City yet in 2014.

As usual at the beginning of the season, I am in this club. Two rounds in California last week, and I shot 51/45-96 in each round. Haven't played in Kansas City yet in 2014.

But your a Forum Leader on the best golf website on the internet.....NOW..Which one is REALLY most important..???

I FINALLY DID IT.

12/14 fairways
10 GIRs
Only 1 penalty
No triple bogies
No bunkers

FANTASTIC....Congratulations, What a milestone breaker....Now your mission is clear.....BREAK 80,
Believe it or not it was easier for me to break 80 than it was to break 90....I'm Proud of you :joy::joy::joy:

I'm going to join this club too.
So far this year I have shot 95, 93, 102, 99, 92. I ordered the tour academy home edition and I am starting it next week. Once I get into the 80's consistently I will get fitted for clubs and shoot for lower scores.

I'm going to join this club too.
So far this year I have shot 95, 93, 102, 99, 92. I ordered the tour academy home edition and I am starting it next week. Once I get into the 80's consistently I will get fitted for clubs and shoot for lower scores.

Great Attitude Softball, Sounds like your not all talk, You have a plan I Like it

Great Attitude Softball, Sounds like your not all talk, You have a plan I Like it

Yeah I figured ordering clubs to fit my current swing and then changing/fixing my swing would not be a good idea. I've played with the same irons since 2005 so what's a little longer gonna hurt. I did however just order a Vokey VM4 58/9 wedge to replace my crappy Walmart sand wedge with graphite shaft.

Yeah I figured ordering clubs to fit my current swing and then changing/fixing my swing would not be a good idea. I've played with the same irons since 2005 so what's a little longer gonna hurt. I did however just order a Vokey VM4 58/9 wedge to replace my crappy Walmart sand wedge with graphite shaft.[/QUOTagree

I agree...And I love my 58 Vokey...It will save your round more than once

Yeah I figured ordering clubs to fit my current swing and then changing/fixing my swing would not be a good idea. I've played with the same irons since 2005 so what's a little longer gonna hurt. I did however just order a Vokey VM4 58/9 wedge to replace my crappy Walmart sand wedge with graphite shaft.

I agree.... Love my Vokey 58..It will save your round more than once

My best round to date is a 78 with a few rounds in the 80s but I haven't felt comfortable with my game for the last 2 or so years. The potential is there i just never took it seriously enough to seek help. Being self taught isn't bad but you do develop some bad habits, and I hope to break them and the 90s. I watched the 1st video of the Tour Academy and I will actually start on Monday. I'm playing a round with my buddy on Sunday who is a scratch golfer and a great guy, he is the one that has pushed me to better my game.

i was surprised today by my Vokey 58 so I will get to use it this weekend and I can't wait.

Back