Green Caddie Preview

Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
From the makers of the Voice Caddie GPS that was recently reviewed on THP here is a new device to help golfers with their green reading skills. The Green Caddie is a small device that when placed on the surface of the putting green will give you a reading to help you gauge where the break and the slope of the green is. I grabbed some unboxing pictures and will have much more as I begin my review. It's a neat looking little device and much like the Voice Caddie, this seems extremely simple to use. More to come later.

20121015_060907.jpg

20121015_061050.jpg

20121015_061111.jpg

In the photo you cannot really see it well, but the Green Caddie was sitting on a portion of the information card where it was bent and not a flat surface, you see from the reading it was indicating a 3.8 degree slope to the left.

20121015_061327.jpg

The battery
20121015_061415.jpg

Nice P4B. I think that will come in handy at the MC this year. I look forward to your review.

This will not be legal for play will it?

That's similar to the product we had forum testing on and it seemed like some people like it. Have fun with it, Jake!

Definitely an interesting device, looking forward to your thoughts on it Jake.

This would not be legal for any level of competition, right? Just for practicing?

Interesting product. Excited to see how this ends up working!

This is legal for your normal practice round. In a tournament round though, no can do.

Right, I agree with mward, no go for tournament play but for practice it's fine. I'm curious to use it to put my green reading skills (or lack there of) to the test.

I think I saw Jackie Mason using something like this in Caddyshack 2.

Looks really interesting, but I think it would confuse me more than help me. I already have too many voices in my head on the greens.

Very interesting, my pace has gotten very good over the last 2 years, but my green reading is horrible. If this could help me do it I would buy one in a heartbeat!

I think this a great idea for practice rounds, or scouting a course for a tourney. Can't wait to hear more of your thoughts.

I could use that. I suck at reading greens.

Very interesting. I think this could help me A lot

I need this. Seriously.

P4B, you need a second tester??? :)

scouting a course for a tourney

I know that caddies can use rangefinders during practice rounds or as they are preparing their yardage books, but I've never heard of them using a device like this in that preparation. Seems like it would be a big help for that kind of mapping exercise.

That looks like an interesting device, Jake. I am intrigued by it! Looks awesome!

Good stuff Jake, can't wait to hear more.

Do you get anything else from it besides the slope?

Thats interesting...I dont know if I would use it. Seems like something I would buy, use 2 times, and forget about

Very interesting, could be very helpful during practice rounds!

Thats interesting...I dont know if I would use it. Seems like something I would buy, use 2 times, and forget about

My closets are full of crap like that? Hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is interesting. I think it would clutter my mind up though. I look forward to reading about it however!

Back