OUZO Power

@K_Kyriopoulos
Reaction score
OMG I am so excited.

So I just came back from golf town. It was empty and a fellow working in there who also happened to be my old neighbour set me up to hit some balls on the simulator and he said it's all yours. Most important thing. I never hit a ball off a simulator. I didn't know my swing speed or any other info.

He set me up and off I went wacking at the ball.
The clubs:
1) Callaway RAZR FIT 10.5 with R flex factory shaft. Set a Neutral.
2) Callaway RAZR FIT 9.5 with S flex factory shaft. Set a Neutral.

Man these clubs are sexy.

A little bit of history. I'm a chronic slicer and could not carry over 220 yards. With the 1 in 100, 240 yard shot. I'd go 220 out and 50 left. I'm a lefty.

Session 1: (Ball was teed 3/4 above club crown at address)

1) Callaway RAZR FIT 10.5 with R flex factory shaft. Set at Neutral.
Swing speeds:100-105mph
Yardage: 220 Yards Avg.
Launch angle: 18-19 Deg.
Back Spin: 5000-6000
Shot trajectory: Slice left

2) Callaway RAZR FIT 9.5 with S flex factory shaft. Set ay Neutral.
Swing speeds:100-105mph
Yardage: 220 Yards Avg.
Launch angle: 18-19 Deg.
Back Spin: 5000-6000
Side Spin: 1000rpm
Shot trajectory: Slice Left

That’s right. I had identical results with the same club, two different shafts and different lofts. You’re not seeing things.

So my old neighbour comes by after hitting around 50 balls and looks at me hit one and looks at the numbers.

He tells me right away I'm teeing up to high. He changed the tee. He told me why I should tee lower to drop the launch angle and that would reduce backspin also.

So we change two things. 1 we lowered the tee height to have the ball around 1/2 diameter higher than the crown of the club at address. 2 ROTATE THOSE HIPS. I was using my arms to much and trying to punch out the ball with my arms. He took me through the motions.

OMG. In 3 minutes this guy fixed everything. I'M CURED.

Session 2: (Ball was teed 1/2 above club crown at address)

1) Callaway RAZR FIT 10.5 with R flex factory shaft. Set at Neutral.
Did not hit. After looking at my swing speeds he told me not to bother with regular shafts. So one of my major questions where now answered. I never knew my swing speed before and what shaft I should be playing.

2) Callaway RAZR FIT 9.5 with S flex factory shaft. Set at Neutral.
Swing speeds:105-110mph. Even registered 2 swings at 115mph.
Yardage: 275 Yards Avg. Even hit a few at 290. Dang.
Launch angle: 12-13 Deg.
Back Spin: 1500-2500
Side Spin: 100-200 rpm
Shot trajectory: DEAD STRAIGHT with the odd fade.

I'm cured. Who would of thought two simple moves would have solved 15 years of agonizing slicing and no distance on my drives.

Last edited:
That's huge. Hope it translates on the course for you.

that's great man, most people who slice suffer from the lack of rotation, when you practice this, continue to remember-bring the left hip back and drive the right knee through the ball, this thought has helped me improve my swing.

Congrats and don't forget to practice what you were taught

Awesome!

The hips is something I have to work hard on too.

Tapping my way forward as a MC hopeful

Sounds like some good work. Keep at it and don't revert back to those bad habits.

Fantastic!! That's what using a launch monitor and someone who knows how to help!! Great job! Keep up the good work!

Go deal now go out there and whack that ball into orbit!

That's one hell of a quick cure...tee the ball down and rotate hips and add 55 yards to your drives!!! I would like to find some of that please

That's one hell of a quick cure...tee the ball down and rotate hips and add 55 yards to your drives!!! I would like to find some of that please
If you only knew what I have gone trough over these years to cure this. Countless videos, grips clubs, stances, and all the gimics.

I know. My jaw dropped to. So did the kid that was learning how to run the simulator from the experienced worker (neighbour). After the 1-2 hit I said it can't be. But it was consistent. he said you have the power. Your aproach angle was wrong and hight of the tee combined with swinging more with my hips did it.

I know I know. It sounds to good to be true. But I'm in paradise. I thank my wife. We had a little bit of a scuff so I got up and left and went to golf town to vent. Thanks wife.

When I finally found the right instructor I went from a lifelong slicer (why are the lefties always bad slicers LOL) to hitting a draw in less than 15 swings.

The key to this miraculous improvement? Rotation of the hips :) You can't hit a good golf shot with only your arms, you've got to use your whole body.

That revelation made golf fun for me again (not to mention easier)

Congrats OP, when I saw a 105 SS and 220 yds carry I knew something was amiss. Hope it continues for you.

All you have to do is look at those launch angles to see why you were losing distance. Glad to hear you were able to get it fixed by making a few simple adjustments.

Back