Another Season in the Books

HoselRocket104

Reaction score
Handicap
Looks as though golf season is over here in NE Wyoming. I looked at the extended forecast and we won't have a day over 40* for at least the next 10 days. My home course has already covered all the sand traps. Might be able to get a round of two in but for all intents and purposes it's over.

This season has been a bit of a disapointment. I didn't get to play as much as i'd hoped. I never found a group to join either. I only played men's league 4 times and usually went out by myself on the weekends. The handicap suffered because nothing was consistent. I struggled all year on the greens. I started with a Scotty Kombi belly putter. That didn't last long and i switched to a Scotty blade. Still too inconsistent but i think that was from not playing enough.

There were some high points to the season though. Ball striking was relatively good. I'm much more confident with the driver in my hand. I had a career low round with a 69 on a 72.1/125 par 72. I played in my first stroke play tourney in years. Had a decent first day but fell apart the next. Overall, it was good to get back into it. In 2012 i played 7 new courses in 4 different states.

wow a 69 is impressive, congrats on that.

Any trips planned during winter months to somewhere you can golf?

Congrats on a good season even if you didn't get to play a ton. It seems depressing that some people have to stop playing golf already.

Congrats on the 69. My season ended on Sunday. Well, outdoor season anyway. The next 5 months will be spent striking balls in a dome.

Congrats on the career low! Looks like my outdoor season is coming to end here pretty quickly in NY. This week we're having a decent Indian summer highs of 65-70 but next week supposed to be cold, rainy, and windy. Yuck.

69 is impressive! I hope you can get somewhere south this winter and play a couple of rounds. I know that's what I will be doing if it gets to cold here.

Great round in there. I have yet to shoot under par all year, myself. As a Cubs fan I'm used to the saying, there's always next year!

Minds going to end tomorrow. Plan on playing 18 while the temps are still mild. Then daylight savings time will kick in and I'll be lucky to get another round in. Lots of equipment testing and tinkering for me this offseason. Need to get geared for next year :)

Congrats on the 69, that's an impressive score anywhere. Hopefully you can take a trip or two to warmer climates and get around in.

I understand where you are coming from about a group to join though....from my regular group...1 guy moved away, 1 guy quit golf because he got more into to his motorcycles, and one has been really busy with other issues...so I have played alot of solo golf the last half of the year too.

I moved last november. i went from having a great group. Usually about 10 of us that were all below 6 handicap. Didn't find that in my new town. Hopefully next year. We're planning a trip to mesquite, NV this winter. It will be my old foursome from ND. We did it last year as well and had a great time. We're looking at some different courses than we played last year. Please let me know if anyone has an recommendations. This is the list from last year: Conestoga Golf Club, The Oasis -Both the Palmer & Canyon, and Wolf Creek. I think this year we'll add course or two in St.George UT. Sand Hollow is on the list for this year.

Back