My oldest son graduated this year.
He heads off to Central Michigan University in about 2 weeks to study BioChemical Engineering.
It just seems weird, doesn't seem right.

He is exited, I am exited for him!
Just going to be quiet without his little brother screwing with him all of the time.

LOL t4k

ML - that's sad dude. I can't even imagine that.

My son is playing Wii boxing for the first time. Upon KO'ng his second opponent he exclaimed "Ha, I hit him in his privates!" And "You are going down!" Boys.
Lol. Kids say the darndest things...

Cute kid, Dev. Even as a man, you've got to admit seeing your little girl run around in a tutu is pretty dang cute.

Better yet is my photo of my oldest boy (at age 3 or so) in a tutu. Talk about blackmail ammo for when he's dating. "Thinking about putting this picture on my facebook page, son. Unless..."

He heads off to Central Michigan University in about 2 weeks to study BioChemical Engineering.

Just going to be quiet without his little brother screwing with him all of the time.

Congrats Slice! I've been driving all over Ohio this year looking at colleges with my oldest. She's leaning toward biomedical engineering. Man, college is different now. I remember professors telling us "this is a weeder class for engineering. We expect 30% of you to fail." Now they're telling us parents all the things they're doing to retain students in engineering programs.

Good luck to him & you both. Go Chippewas! (and MAC!)

i gotta a couple of these rug rats... a just turned 1 y/o and soon to be 3 y/o.

some day hitting the links:
BJIw3S5CYAA6tuL.jpg

BO7ZTmjCcAArYjK.jpg

BP96WrdCIAE5Ot3.jpg

i'm told they are big for their age - all i know they are a hand full.

Being the shortest (5'9") of 5 boys by a good 3", I always hoped my kids would be taller. Be careful what you wish for:
Eric just finished 8th grade at 6'4". I always knew he'd end up taller than me - just didn't think it'd be when he was 11.

IMG_0149_zps83e9351d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You know your kid is tall for his age when the day care ladies knicknamed him "Elf".

A couple action shots from dinner last night, they are always fun to watch eat, as long as I don't have to clean it up!!!
At first she didn't know why the watermelon was still in the crust as she called it!

I'm fairly sure he'd eat the cob if I let him chew on it long enough, it was so funny because I think more corn ended up on the floor instead of in his mouth!

Cute pics Icey.

p.s. your house looks awesome.

Watermelon and corn on the cob... The two best foods of summer. Thanks for sharing the pics, Kyle.

Cute pics Icey.

p.s. your house looks awesome.
I wish that was mine, it's my folks, they kind of adopted my wife and kids while I was gone, and now my sister is in town visiting, so it's the new meeting place!

Wow, that's one TALL kid Grins! Cute kids Icey. Dinner with little kids can be very entertaining! Until it's time to clean up...

A couple action shots from dinner last night, they are always fun to watch eat, as long as I don't have to clean it up!!!
At first she didn't know why the watermelon was still in the crust as she called it!

I'm fairly sure he'd eat the cob if I let him chew on it long enough, it was so funny because I think more corn ended up on the floor instead of in his mouth!

Awesome pics buddy. They look like some happy awesome kids!

Looking at this thread makes me feel old somehow........ lol

My oldest just turned 18 and is headed to Culinary School soon. The middle son is 15 and gearing up to go to Drum Corp.

And then there's the outlier. I have a 10 year old son that thinks he's about 17. He is extraordinarily gifted, and I get great feedback from his teachers and I have to fess up and tell them where he learned everything from....... His brothers. At the age of 2, he decided that he wanted to play video games with his brothers, but couldn't read yet so he actually learned how to spell his name by typing on the keyboard and learned to read at an early age by word recognition from hearing them read what it was saying to him. He also has an overabundance of personality, which is a funny mix in a 10 year old.

I got to talk to Icey's little girl while at the MC and she's a cutie! Must have taken after her mom! He-he........

My daughter has this dinosaur thing that has a trampoline thin it that bounces little balls. Lately she has been experimenting with what else she can out in it. This was her crowning achievement.

A4E344F3-CAFF-45DE-B201-9EE04C10A2E9-4727-00000597D1665200_zpscd645a5d.jpg

She couldnt figure out why it wouldnt bounce her. I laughed for a good 10 minutes.

We have that same dinosaur toy, and the octopus (really five-opus) toy behind it! The dinosaur toy was a no go for my daughter, never liked it. The octopus was a hit for a little while. We have to cycle the toys we have out to help keep the kids entertained by them.

We have that same dinosaur toy, and the octopus (really five-opus) toy behind it! The dinosaur toy was a no go for my daughter, never liked it. The octopus was a hit for a little while. We have to cycle the toys we have out to help keep the kids entertained by them.

She loves those things. Whats not pictured are the 10000 other toys. To her defense, she really does play with them all.

Here's my kids, Declan, my clone, turns 5 today. Not lying, dead ringer. Smart, too. His teachers want him to skip Kindergarten and go straight to first grade, but he's a small guy for his age.

21993_875610817001_113837964_n.jpg

And Abigail, 3, is a gift from God to see how high my blood pressure can get. Love her to death, but sassiest little kid around. Began talking early, before she turned 1, and has been outwitting her brother ever since. She's already learning to read, which she loves. We're getting her back into gymnastics, which she's absolutely built for.

1001518_876714450311_1765343155_n.jpg

Congrats! Very similar here. My son is heading off to North Carolina State to study Civil Engineering. Amazingly competitive class. The average HS GPA for this incoming engineering class is 4.57! I'm really gonna miss him, we do a lot together.

And because this is a parenting thread, I can mention my new and unique challenge. Long before Sean decided upon NC State, my wife and I were researching the area for a move.

A great opportunity presented itself for my wife in Cary NC, she just had to take it. Only, we can't sell here in NY for another two years. So as strange as it will be, my son will be in college, my wife will be 10 minutes from him and I'll be here with my 16 yr old daughter getting her through her junior and senior years of HS.

Teenage girl and I'm on my own, God help me! :wink:

Congrats! Very similar here. My son is heading off to North Carolina State to study Civil Engineering. Amazingly competitive class. The average HS GPA for this incoming engineering class is 4.57! I'm really gonna miss him, we do a lot together.

And because this is a parenting thread, I can mention my new and unique challenge. Long before Sean decided upon NC State, my wife and I were researching the area for a move.

A great opportunity presented itself for my wife in Cary NC, she just had to take it. Only, we can't sell here in NY for another two years. So as strange as it will be, my son will be in college, my wife will be 10 minutes from him and I'll be here with my 16 yr old daughter getting her through her junior and senior years of HS.

Teenage girl and I'm on my own, God help me! :wink:

Good luck to you WMac! That's gotta be tough to have the family spread out like that!

Thanks, Grins. At least we had a somewhat similar test run last year when she took a temporary assignment/promotion in NC for 6 months. Although I'm not looking forward to the separation from them, I'm excited for both and I do feel prepared.

My kiddos. Noah is 2 and Mary is 4 weeks.

Ugh, got to deal with the injury side of parenting. My 11-year-old daughter spent the night with one of her friends from the swim team and they went to Skywalk (a trampoline arena). Long story short, jacked her ankle up really bad. The other girl's mom called me and asked if she should meet us at the hospital. I said no, figuring it wasn't too bad, so she brought her home. As soon as I opened the car door, I knew we had something serious on our hands. Her lower leg, lower tibia to be exact, was swollen very badly and already bruising. I've sustained my share of broken bones and I knew this wasn't a simple sprain or twist. Called my buddy who is a nurse practitioner at a local hospital and as luck would have it, he was just going into work. We ran her over there and cut the entire waiting room full of people (I always feel bad when he does that for us, but not bad enough not to take him up on it). Got the X-Rays done and sure enough she broke her right tibia. Bad news is we were supposed to go over to Santa Cruz this weekend, but now might need to stay here so she can get in with an orthopedist and get casted ASAP. She'll be out of swim for quite a while and will miss try-outs for her cheer team's competition squad. Oh yeah, probably no golf for a couple months either. Talk about throwing my work day out of whack!

Ugh, got to deal with the injury side of parenting. My 11-year-old daughter spent the night with one of her friends from the swim team and they went to Skywalk (a trampoline arena). Long story short, jacked her ankle up really bad. The other girl's mom called me and asked if she should meet us at the hospital. I said no, figuring it wasn't too bad, so she brought her home. As soon as I opened the car door, I knew we had something serious on our hands. Her lower leg, lower tibia to be exact, was swollen very badly and already bruising. I've sustained my share of broken bones and I knew this wasn't a simple sprain or twist. Called my buddy who is a nurse practitioner at a local hospital and as luck would have it, he was just going into work. We ran her over there and cut the entire waiting room full of people (I always feel bad when he does that for us, but not bad enough not to take him up on it). Got the X-Rays done and sure enough she broke her right tibia. Bad news is we were supposed to go over to Santa Cruz this weekend, but now might need to stay here so she can get in with an orthopedist and get casted ASAP. She'll be out of swim for quite a while and will miss try-outs for her cheer team's competition squad. Oh yeah, probably no golf for a couple months either. Talk about throwing my work day out of whack!

Not a good day, and definitely one of the worst parts of parenting. Hope the recovery is quick. Too bad about missing out on those activities, too.

I'm sorry to hear that, man.

I had a similar story a couple years back. I was wrestling around with my son, and he slipped off me and landed hard on his shoulder. He cried a bit and I thought that was it. The next morning I went to work before he woke up, and my wife ended up having to take him into the doctor. Turns out he broke his collarbone. I felt awful. Had him in a sling for a month, and he still has a little bump on his shoulder from it.

Funny part is that he crafted a story that started with, "Last night, I was wrestling with my dad, and I fell off his back, and I hurt my shoulder." The problem was that every day he started it with "Last night," which started to sound odd when he ended it with "and in a couple days I don't have to wear a sling anymore!"

Make sure your daughter does her physical therapy. The ankle is an impossibly complex joint, apparently there are ankle doctors the same way Dr. James Andrews is a knee doctor, just because of how many bones and ligaments and tendons can be affected. A good physical therapist, as her age, she'll be good as new. I had a couple of ankle surgeries a few years back, and in retrospect I wish I had done more than the two months of PT. I'm still missing some mobility from the surgically reconstructed ankle.

Back