Is this in import? Never heard of it - but looks good!

It's another of the bottomless pit of Bavarian wheat ales. One of the better ones, IMO. Not quite at the level of the Konig Ludwig Hefeweissbier, but plenty tasty.

I miss Germany.

It's another of the bottomless pit of Bavarian wheat ales. One of the better ones, IMO. Not quite at the level of the Konig Ludwig Hefeweissbier, but plenty tasty.

I miss Germany.

I just got back from Cincy/Newport KY area - they had a HoffBrau Haus there. I believe the ones in the states (not sure how many there are) are using the same equipment & recipes.

I had their dark beer & it was pretty good. Been to Germany once & the beer at the local Haus reminded me of local German brews.

My favorite one from Germany was the local Heidelberger 1603 (from Heidelberg, naturally).

Living in Fort Collins has not helped to curb my beer consumption.

I'm more than a little jealous that you live so close to two very good breweries (NB and Odell). My brothers and I were in Estes last year and made a stop down to tour both breweries (FREE SAMPLES!!!) and I really enjoyed both of them. I would say Odell probably wins my vote though, as I love the Levity Amber, Easy Street Wheat, and Cutthroat Porter. From NB I like Fat Tire and 1554 though.

Probably my favorite beer of all time though is Abita Amber, and after typing this much about beer, I'm getting a little thirsty.

I'm more than a little jealous that you live so close to two very good breweries (NB and Odell). My brothers and I were in Estes last year and made a stop down to tour both breweries (FREE SAMPLES!!!) and I really enjoyed both of them. I would say Odell probably wins my vote though, as I love the Levity Amber, Easy Street Wheat, and Cutthroat Porter. From NB I like Fat Tire and 1554 though.

Probably my favorite beer of all time though is Abita Amber, and after typing this much about beer, I'm getting a little thirsty.

In addition to New Belgium and Odell, we have Fort Collins Brewery, Equinox, Pateros Creek, Funkwerks, Black Bottle, and a host of others. I mean, there's great beer around every corner here.

I'm with you, too, on Odell. It's my favorite brewery - in addition to great beer it has the best tasting room.

Had my first Sam Adam's Octoberfest of the year and it was outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Already? I gotta keep an eye out for that one!

Already? I gotta keep an eye out for that one!

Yeah, they just put it on tap in the last couple of days. Was surprised they had it already, but I wasn't complaining.

Fat Tire.

Finally, something from this NB variety pack that's worth drinking.

Because I miss my friend Tim so much..

20130731_205932.jpg

That's close enough, Dan.

In fact, that's probably your 3W past the Shandy barrier. Welcome to the club.

That seems very early for Octoberfest. Maybe fall is coming too fast. But that means that Founder Backwoods Bastard will be here soon.

Yay for beer.

Grabbed three good ones tonight.

Sammy Latitude 48 IPA
Big Sky Moose Drool
Big Muddy Vanilla Stout

Good stuff.

Yay for beer.

Grabbed three good ones tonight.

Sammy Latitude 48 IPA
Big Sky Moose Drool
Big Muddy Vanilla Stout

Good stuff.

How was that latitude 48?

How was that latitude 48?

Very good, especially for 7.99/six pack.

Well balanced. If you're into to super hoppy IPA's you'll probably think it falls short a little, but I thought it was just about perfect. Not too over the top, but plenty of flavor.

Very good, especially for 7.99/six pack.

Well balanced. If you're into to super hoppy IPA's you'll probably think it falls short a little, but I thought it was just about perfect. Not too over the top, but plenty of flavor.
I love hoppy IPAs, but I also enjoy all IPA's. I have seen it countless times, but always grab the Hopsecutioner instead (Hi Seth!).

I will try it out this week.

However, this evening the wife and I enjoyed a few Fat Tires. Love that they are selling it down here.

I've had that Latitude 48, nice one. I thought it was comparable to Sweetwater 420.

I'm having another one now. It's good. Still bitter, but not super floral or citrus-y.

Fat Tire is one I like. I rarely buy it for some reason. Love the toasty flavor.

I miss having a selection now that I'm seldom over in Grand Island. Just a few very basic brands to chose, makes me want to open my own beer shop.

I miss having a selection now that I'm seldom over in Grand Island. Just a few very basic brands to chose, makes me want to open my own beer shop.

Duey's Beer House

I've had that Latitude 48, nice one. I thought it was comparable to Sweetwater 420.
Love me some 420.
I'm having another one now. It's good. Still bitter, but not super floral or citrus-y.

Fat Tire is one I like. I rarely buy it for some reason. Love the toasty flavor.
I am thankful that it is now sold here in Florida.

Back