Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

I remember when Jman used to play 8.5* Xstiff drivers. What a revelation from maybe only a year ago!

The lowest I ever played was 10.5 dude, the 9.0 experiment with the J40 lasted about a week hahahaha

The lowest I ever played was 10.5 dude, the 9.0 experiment with the J40 lasted about a week hahahaha

What loft was your Launch Lab???

10.5, I've always played 10.5.

Oh. I dunno why I thought it was a 9.5*.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Oh. I dunno why I thought it was a 9.5*.

Because you're special Colt.

I got my Amp Cell to the range for the first time last night. I was hitting bombs. I brought my XHot with me and was hitting them side by side. I was averaging 20-25 yards longer with a higher ball flight with the Amp Cell. The Amp Cell is set to 11.5 degree and the XHot is 10.5 so that may account for a little of the difference but many it just feels so good. I want to get another range session with it set at 10.5 and see the difference. Also, I have a Matrix White Tie I want to put in there and see what kind of results I get. So far I am loving everything about the club. The blue is just ridiculously good looking as well.

You always hit your xhot solid, but it just never got in the air enough to give you enough carry. Really looking forward to seeing you hit the Amp Cell on Sunday.

Just think, you lose some more weight, get that swing speed up, and you'll be hitting #LukesBombs in no time

You always hit your xhot solid, but it just never got in the air enough to give you enough carry. Really looking forward to seeing you hit the Amp Cell on Sunday.

Just think, you lose some more weight, get that swing speed up, and you'll be hitting #LukesBombs in no time

#LukesBombs pale in comparison to the wrath unleashed by a stick of #Dean-O-Mite

Hahahaha I am so freaking pumped for Sunday to get this on course.

I need to get the ACP out on the range for a few before I tee it up this weekend. Things were getting really ugly on the range yesterday. Hopefully it was just a bad day, because I'm in love with this club. Might have to buy another head for when this one wears out. Maybe in silver next time.

I need to get the ACP out on the range for a few before I tee it up this weekend. Things were getting really ugly on the range yesterday. Hopefully it was just a bad day, because I'm in love with this club. Might have to buy another head for when this one wears out. Maybe in silver next time.

Better buy a second head anyway, in case you leave your current one on the course somewhere.

Chances are I will be getting to the course closer to 730 tomorrow. There are 2 18's there. We are on the East course and that is a bit of a walk from the driving range. My thought is to hit up the driving range early and then head up to the East tee where they have their own practice green.

Better buy a second head anyway, in case you leave your current one on the course somewhere.
I'm frantically searching for the "no thanks" button right now... :thumbdown:

I put the white tie from my 3 wood in the driver. I want to see if it gives me more control or if I lose too much distance with the shorter shaft. Hope I can get out this weekend and see what happens.

I put the white tie from my 3 wood in the driver. I want to see if it gives me more control or if I lose too much distance with the shorter shaft. Hope I can get out this weekend and see what happens.
Please tell me how that goes, and I'll follow suit!!!

After work I'll be playing a Kuro Kage blk I got from GilPier for the 1st time

tappin from my big as note2

I got my Amp Cell to the range for the first time last night. I was hitting bombs. I brought my XHot with me and was hitting them side by side. I was averaging 20-25 yards longer with a higher ball flight with the Amp Cell. The Amp Cell is set to 11.5 degree and the XHot is 10.5 so that may account for a little of the difference but many it just feels so good. I want to get another range session with it set at 10.5 and see the difference. Also, I have a Matrix White Tie I want to put in there and see what kind of results I get. So far I am loving everything about the club. The blue is just ridiculously good looking as well.

Such a cool feeling to see it launch into the sky like a drive is supposed to, isn't it? I have mine set at 11.5* also and when I connect, I just sit back in awe and watch the baby draw do it's thing. It's why I call it "The green monster" Good luck as you keep getting it tweaked to perfection

Really considering this driver... Really considering it to throw my Matrix Black Tie in. Anyone matched that combo up?? I know Wicked Cool Bearded Man had it some time ago.

Would love to hear some thoughts.

Really considering this driver... Really considering it to throw my Matrix Black Tie in. Anyone matched that combo up?? I know Wicked Cool Bearded Man had it some time ago.

Would love to hear some thoughts.

Love this combo. It is perfect for me. Lowered the loft to 8.5 and was crushing it today

After work I'll be playing a Kuro Kage blk I got from GilPier for the 1st time

I want that shaft in stiff! Need to get me one!

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

2nd 18 yesterday with my AMP Cell set at 11.5, man is this thing long. I normally average about 240 or so off the tee depending on the roll & yesterday i was consitently 10-15 yards longer. it left me with approach yardage i never have had before (that's a good thing).....i only hit 9/14 fwys, the misses were bad pull hooks or just off into the first cut. I didnt score particularly well because of my putting, but this driver head is hot with the proper shaft. The ball flight was not too high at all & for me it had a nice trajectory.....I am so glad I listened to the vets on this forum and took the advice to set my loft at 11.5.....

Well can't report on the Kage, I just played to poorly. But can say did lose some side spin & it ain't whippy like the stock.

Played in the 82nd Airborne Commander's Scramble today with 3 seniors but everyone had to hit from the middle tees. They would always be in the fairway, but not very long, so once we had a decent one in the fairway, I'd swing for the fences with the Blue Bomber.

With the whippy flippy stock shaft, the results were mixed, but when the ball went straight, it was absolutely stupid. I've never swung a driver that hard in my life but was absolutely bombing them. I had one that GPS measured 284 yards right down the middle and a couple more over 275, which is absolutely stupid for me. My average is 255 during normal rounds. I don't know if I'm brave enough to swing that hard out on the course during a normal round though, especially with this shaft, but for a scramble it was awesome.

We will see how much I hurt later on this evening though.......

I definitely want to try the Kage, since you can pick them up super cheap and start swinging a bit harder without the shaft going crazy on me.

Back