NFL Films Presents: Tecmo Bowl

tyno

War Eagle's friend
Reaction score
Handicap
kids
NFL Films did a documentary on the Madison, WI 8th Annual Tecmo Bowl tournament
It aired on ESPN2 twice already, but airs again on NFL Network 10/26 at 4:30pm and 10/27 at 1:30pm.
Or you can just watch it here:

Here's their official webpage as well: http://tecmomadison.com/
Yes, this is my Graceland and I want to either play in or attend this before I die...
I've been playing Tecmo Super Bowl since it came out and continue to do so regularly. Now, I'm not as ridiculous as these guys, but I love it.
IMHO, it's still the best football video game ever, and the Madden franchise can't even hold a candle.
I've recently been enjoying playing with up-to-date rosters. Now that, is a dream come true right there...

this is the 2nd best thread you've ever started. 2nd only to Arnie Palmie.
Techmo Super Bowl was so crazy good. We even hooked an NES up when we were in college and would have tournaments and semester long seasons.

Awesome, thanks for posting this up Tyno.

Where do you play the updated version?

Dude, I repped the piss out of this thread. LOL! I grew up playing Tecmo Bowl and wish I could get my hands on a NES so I could play it now. Bo Jackson and the zig zag from sideline to sideline. All! Day! Long!

Dude, I repped the piss out of this thread. LOL! I grew up playing Tecmo Bowl and wish I could get my hands on a NES so I could play it now. Bo Jackson and the zig zag from sideline to sideline. All! Day! Long!

There are a few good free NES emulators, I downloaded one to my phone and Tecmo Bowl and Tecmo Superbowl were the first (of many) ROMs I downloaded........I still have my NES I got in the third grade too though.

There are a few good free NES emulators, I downloaded one to my phone and Tecmo Bowl and Tecmo Superbowl were the first (of many) ROMs I downloaded........I still have my NES I got in the third grade too though.

That seems awful techy for me. All of that. LOL. Is there something you can download for the PS3?

Bo Jackson was unstoppable in this game.

Bo Jackson was unstoppable in this game.

So was Christian Okoye. Dudes would just bounce off him. I was always the Bills. Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly, Andre Reed. Hit Reed down the sideline, zig and zag. 6!

Awesome, thanks for posting this up Tyno.

Where do you play the updated version?

That seems awful techy for me. All of that. LOL. Is there something you can download for the PS3?

PM me your email. i'll send you everything you need with directions.
it'll change your life. aka - you'll never do anything again except play it.

So was Christian Okoye. Dudes would just bounce off him. I was always the Bills. Thurman Thomas, QB Bills, Andre Reed. Hit Reed down the sideline, zig and zag. 6!

FIFY.
careful Jeff. you say something like that again, Jim Kelly is likely to sue your a$$

FIFY.
careful Jeff. you say something like that again, Jim Kelly is likely to sue your a$$

It was QB Bills? I remember there were a few of those guys, but thought Kelly was on there. The week to week sims were so freaking exciting. LOL.

That is awesome!

Someone in the first few minutes mentioned that they played the game online. How is this possible?

Also, how do they have tournaments when Bo / Christian were unstoppable?

That is awesome!

Someone in the first few minutes mentioned that they played the game online. How is this possible?

Are you doubting Bo Jackson's unstoppability?

confidence-bo-jackson.jpg

That is awesome!

Check out nesforever.com

So was Christian Okoye. Dudes would just bounce off him. I was always the Bills. Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly, Andre Reed. Hit Reed down the sideline, zig and zag. 6!

One of the greatest hits ever was Steve atwater laying Christian Okoye out. I still remember how well you could hear it even through the tv

Heck to the freaking yeah!
Good memories there

One of the greatest hits ever was Steve atwater laying Christian Okoye out. I still remember how well you could hear it even through the tv

Atwater wasn't a punk. That dude could lay some people out.

What a cool documentary. I really enjoyed this. These guys are crazy competitive

LMAO @ Tony Gonzalez running backwards, just so he could go down on the 1 yard line and set records. I always did that too.

this is the 2nd best thread you've ever started. 2nd only to Arnie Palmie.
Techmo Super Bowl was so crazy good. We even hooked an NES up when we were in college and would have tournaments and semester long seasons.

I just heard the story about the ole Arnie Palmie thread when we golfed a couple of weeks ago. I am upset I wasn't around for it.

this game was LEGENDARY, Bo Jackson FTW!

Couldn't lose with the Big 3! I like your style.

I played this game a lot.

God Tecmo Bowl was spectacular. Bo knew TD's on just about every run. There was also a play from a tight end that was good for 8 yards every time. It could not be defended.

Back