Callaway RAZR X Black Irons

Man you guys are making me feel bad because my fitting said the Blacks were the best for my game...all this talk of clunky and stuff.

We have no idea what were talking about dude, dont feel bad at all. Plus getting fit for irons is about as sure as it gets that you are playing the right irons.

Man you guys are making me feel bad because my fitting said the Blacks were the best for my game...all this talk of clunky and stuff.

Dude wait and see how many guys will be using these, they are not chunky at all. Maybe compared to the Razr X Forged but not compared to the Razr X tours or Razr X irons

I will weigh in on this controversy. In terms of size I believe : Razr X forged > Razr X Black.

Looking forward to giving these a shot, the Razr X Tour's were one of my favorites last year but I wanted a bit more forgiveness but I didn't like the Razr X for some reason. If these kind of fill the gap they might be wonderful for me.

I hit these primarily at my demo day fitting and wow these these are awesome to look at and awesome performers. I hit a 6 iron 195 yards into the wind. That's pretty long for me.

I'm just trying to make you guys uncomfortable. I'd be a Razr X Forged guy if I were a staffer, and I mean these:

razr_x_forged_iron_2___54112_zoom.jpg

Well I bought myself the Diablo Forged since that is what worked best for me at my fitting, but you only live once so I'm going with the X Forged for the MC. I was going to go with either the Blacks or the X Tour for the MC just to have something close to the Diablos, but I'm sure once I slap the right shaft on the X Forged it is going to perform beautifully. I have been successful with forged clubs over the last couple of years without much forgiveness, so I have no worries about gaming them for the MC. The Blacks are a very nice set of irons, but they just arent for me...

I'm just trying to make you guys uncomfortable. I'd be a Razr X Forged guy if I were a staffer, and I mean these:

I still think these are some of the best looking irons on the market...

Well I bought myself the Diablo Forged since that is what worked best for me at my fitting, but you only live once so I'm going with the X Forged for the MC. I was going to go with either the Blacks or the X Tour for the MC just to have something close to the Diablos, but I'm sure once I slap the right shaft on the X Forged it is going to perform beautifully. I have been successful with forged clubs over the last couple of years without much forgiveness, so I have no worries about gaming them for the MC. The Blacks are a very nice set of irons, but they just arent for me...

I think for you it was a matter of finding the right shaft at the right length. After seeing your videos, you won't have any problems hitting the X Forged broski. Good choice!

of course Forged > Everything Else
I was just talking more in terms of physical size in my post, but of course forged beats cast every time! For example, PowerBilt forged blades > Ping S56. :)

Edit: Also, I was referring (or at least I meant to refer) to the Razr XF not the Razr X Forged. Sorry for the confusion there, there are so many similarly named Razr's.

Last edited:

Yes indeed. Those are some pretty irons and seemed surprisingly easy to hit.

Combo X Forged and Razr MB's would be amazing

why didn't you go for them last year?

why didn't you go for them last year?

b/c I'm an idiot deano. I wanted them, in the worst kind of way, but i opted for a little more forgiveness, you know, for when in the heat of the battle. Little did I know that those rounds were far more fun than they were about the competition. I've regretted not getting them since.

b/c I'm an idiot deano. I wanted them, in the worst kind of way, but i opted for a little more forgiveness, you know, for when in the heat of the battle. Little did I know that those rounds were far more fun than they were about the competition. I've regretted not getting them since.

haha fair enough. Had we gotten to choose the irons after the outing these would have been higher on my list.

haha fair enough. Had we gotten to choose the irons after the outing these would have been higher on my list.

I know, right? Honest question: did you opt for more forgiveness b/c of the competition?

I think that's a good quote for people to read and remember. Not to say people should get something they don't feel comfortable with, but there's a lot to be said for getting that bag you always wanted.

I think that's a good quote for people to read and remember. Not to say people should get something they don't feel comfortable with, but there's a lot to be said for getting that bag you always wanted.

Completely agree buddy! And I'm sure these irons are exactly what someone wants so that's good.

I know, right? Honest question: did you opt for more forgiveness b/c of the competition?

no, the competition part didn't really scare me much, mostly because I knew pretty much everyone that was involved. My choice came down to the RXT and RX. When I swapped a different shaft in the RX I was able to to pretty much everything that I could do with the RXT. My other thought was that I had never played an iron with a lot of forgiveness, I played i3's(blade not o-size), i10's, and MC's. I was curious to see what more forgiveness would bring to my game.

no, the competition part didn't really scare me much, mostly because I knew pretty much everyone that was involved. My choice came down to the RXT and RX. When I swapped a different shaft in the RX I was able to to pretty much everything that I could do with the RXT. My other thought was that I had never played an iron with a lot of forgiveness, I played i3's(blade not o-size), i10's, and MC's. I was curious to see what more forgiveness would bring to my game.

So what you're saying is that you should've got the X Forged too? hahahaha

Were you fit for the uniflex? I was fit for that and he gave me options of the PX 5.5 or thats it haha. I dont listen to fitters either!

And you're giving me shiz about going with the CBs? You and about 50 others have insinuated they're too much for me. I just have to know, what changed your mind in this threaD?

Back