Shell Houston Open Thread (Spoilers)

My starters are:

Stricker
Fowler
Westy
McDowel

Is it bad I have an old man/boy crush on Bud Cauley? I didn't pick him this week, but the kid has a lot of game and more to come.

I've got Phil, Els, Mahan, GMac. Tough to pick this week.

Yes, I left Lee out. Only because I reckon he'll be taking a couple of practice putts this week. Just so he can storm in next week. Looking forward to following this one, since I'm getting excited about any golf coming up to Masters week!!

im gonna pick Chris Stroud just because thats my cousins friend and we will be following him tomorrow lol he is -2 after 3 so off to a good start. young kid from the area as well.

My starters are:

Stricker
Fowler
Westy
McDowel

Is it bad I have an old man/boy crush on Bud Cauley? I didn't pick him this week, but the kid has a lot of game and more to come.

Same starters here.

GMac is 2 over thru 3. Nothing to be alarmed about though. He'll just shoot 80 today then come back and break the course record tomorrow. Seems to be his trend this year.

Bud Cauley is doin' work this morning. 3 under through 5.

Jeez, I hope Ernie plays well this weekend but I think he folds like a napkin. Golf's hard enough, then add the pressure of having to win to play at Augusta. Sheesh.

Im rolling with:
Stricker
Westwood
Stroud
Stenson

Bench:
Mickelson
Molder
Walker
Hanson

Tried to conserve some starts and avoid taking the usual suspects

Jeez, I hope Ernie plays well this weekend but I think he folds like a napkin. Golf's hard enough, then add the pressure of having to win to play at Augusta. Sheesh.

FLTC! Welcome to the tourney thread! Go Lee!

Starting:
JB Holmes
Anthony Kim
Westy
GMac

Bench:
Stricker
H Haas
Els
Schwartzel

AK is starting to show some form...at least for one round. Maybe the good vibes show up this week where he once crushed the field. I think Els continues the good play. But, a win? I doubt it. He now seems to have Westy's Sunday curse. And, if that is the case, maybe Westy gets the WIN.

Pat Perez plays well everytime I leave him off my roster, I'm pulling for Ernie again this week but I imagine his tank has to be pretty low right now.

FLTC! Welcome to the tourney thread! Go Lee!

Yes! No Tiger = I get to post!

I'm keen to see how Lee plays. I think he knows this year is a good year for him to get that green jacket. Hopefully he gets hot with the putter in Texas. They say the PGA sets up this course to be very Augusta-esque!

Yes! No Tiger = I get to post!

I'm keen to see how Lee plays. I think he knows this year is a good year for him to get that green jacket. Hopefully he gets hot with the putter in Texas. They say the PGA sets up this course to be very Augusta-esque!

My focus is going to be on Lee and Ernie. I know Ernie wants to win this bad and play his way in... That would be my story of the year so far. No doubt too Lefty puts on a show.

I'd like Lee to get it done this week, but I've a feeling this is going to be about getting a feel for the greens. Put him on any fairway in the world and he can hit it close, but the putter is going to need a warm up here I think.

My focus is going to be on Lee and Ernie. I know Ernie wants to win this bad and play his way in... That would be my story of the year so far. No doubt too Lefty puts on a show.

Your focus should be on Casey. Playing well early...

Your focus should be on Casey. Playing well early...

Im not worried aboot him though. I want Ernie to get to Augusta so he can finish second to Paul.

Who wants to be a champ and click on Team Kmac and tell me my starters?

Who wants to be a champ and click on Team Kmac and tell me my starters?

Here ya go Chief;

Stricker
Westwood
Els
McDowell

Here ya go Chief;

Stricker
Westwood
Els
McDowell

Thanks. Are you sure you didnt fat finger click? Those guys arent doing very well, besides Stricker.

I watch about as much golf as anyone, but this week's tournament is just a tease. The Masters should be a 2-week long tourney. I'm so excited.

Bah this tourney snuck up on me this year, I really wanted to try and go since my company always buys a ton of tickets and my wife's family is in Houston; o well I'll pay more attention next year lol.

Thanks. Are you sure you didnt fat finger click? Those guys arent doing very well, besides Stricker.
Its my exact lineup, except I have Stricker on the bench in favor of Bradley.

I also have Wagner on the bench, and he is -3

Well, after missing a week earlier in the year, I've crawled back up to spot 13 in the league..... until this week when I forgot to set the roster again. A whopping 2 players out of my roster are playing.... yay.

well Tiger saved my bacon in fantasy for the Bay Hill tourney, hoping, Phil can go back to back at Houston this week

Back