Country Club Memberships

Too bad country club memberships here in Miami are all VERY expensive :(
I would love to join a club.

Do you know if that offer is for every Cannongate course? I had thought about "joining" Smokerise since it is relatively close, but that was not the offer that they had. If I could pay $99/month for a free monthly round and unlimited range, it would be worth driving a little farther out.

No, its not available everywhere. This is strictly an ITP membership: you have to live ITP and be able to prove it. It amounts to an "associate" membership at every Canongate club. If I move outside the Perimeter, I will have to switch to an associate membership at a nearby Canongate club, or a full membership at the club of my choosing.

I guess they figure with the long drive, you are not likely to abuse the privileges. I am already trying to figure out if its worth a 30 minute drive for a free range when I can just buy an $11 bucket at a range 15 minutes away.

No, its not available everywhere. This is strictly an ITP membership: you have to live ITP and be able to prove it. It amounts to an "associate" membership at every Canongate club. If I move outside the Perimeter, I will have to switch to an associate membership at a nearby Canongate club, or a full membership at the club of my choosing.

I guess they figure with the long drive, you are not likely to abuse the privileges. I am already trying to figure out if its worth a 30 minute drive for a free range when I can just buy an $11 bucket at a range 15 minutes away.

It certainly is worth it. I live ITP, and it would be well worth $99/month to have a good facility to use and have a free round every month. It would be worth the drive. I suspect Smokerise is not included or they would have mentioned it to me already. I'll check with them, though.

It certainly is worth it. I live ITP, and it would be well worth $99/month to have a good facility to use and have a free round every month. It would be worth the drive. I suspect Smokerise is not included or they would have mentioned it to me already. I'll check with them, though.

I missed your response here. If you have not figured this out yet: http://canongategolf.com/ITP-Membership-1042.html

I joined an exclusive club that has 2 courses, only 400 members, no reciprocal agreements with other clubs, 50,000 SF clubhouse, pool, tennis courts, 2 driving ranges, short game area, etc. Members are only allowed to bring 5 guests a year. Pay up $$$$$ or you wont be playing there. THAT'S the way a club should be. Non of this nonsense like Cannongate where they ***** out like 10 clubs for cheap in a package. That's a golf membership, not a private country club. It's not the same experience.

I am slumming it with a "golf membership" at a ClubCorp club. It really stinks because in addition to my two courses, four clubhouses, 3 driving ranges, 2 short game areas, pool, fitness center and a tournament caliber tennis facility, I get to play two free rounds a month on close to 100 courses nationwide. Oh yeah, I also get two free meals a month at other ClubCorp clubs, and I can bring as many guests as my little heart desires at very reasonable rates.

I really wish it were more exclusive though so I could experience a real private country club.

I am slumming it with a "golf membership" at a ClubCorp club. It really stinks because in addition to my two courses, four clubhouses, 3 driving ranges, 2 short game areas, pool, fitness center and a tournament caliber tennis facility, I get to play two free rounds a month on close to 100 courses nationwide. Oh yeah, I also get two free meals a month at other ClubCorp clubs, and I can bring as many guests as my little heart desires at very reasonable rates.

I really wish it were more exclusive though so I could experience a real private country club.

Someone not on tapatalk rep this man for me.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

With you 50 eggs. Have been a Clubcorp guy - we definitely don't have all those amenities at my local Clbcorp course but the network is nice and i like the more casual atmosphere. Was a member at a $100k to join place in Arizona once (though I skated in on the under 40 program for a lot less) and while the course was unreal and the hour and a half rounds during summer were nice, it was a bit stuffy for me Thiugh people were very nice - twice I literally had people give me their keys in valet (i should have gone Ferris Bueller on them) and many more times at events I had people ask me who my parents were (thinking they were the real members). Pretty funny looking back but not my style.

Country Club. For many reasons.
However for many, a country club is more than just golf.

For me, the CC is just for golf. I find I play alot more not worrying about paying every time I show up. Plus, my club favors members & always finds a way to get you on.

Man this thread has me wishing I could join the club right down the road. Steep initiation but the monthly fees are not too bad. Just can't do the initiation fee. I would join strictly for the social side of meeting fellow golfers and getting into steady groups.

I would have never been able to do it with an initiation fee. Got lucky in that regard. I'm hoping I can not suck so bad in the coming weeks and get out there with the weekend groups.

I would have never been able to do it with an initiation fee. Got lucky in that regard. I'm hoping I can not suck so bad in the coming weeks and get out there with the weekend groups.

I can't either dude. I could swing the fee I think because it would include a pool(which the wife and kids want) plus range and golf. Plus the gas savings would be big. The course is literally a 5 minute drive from my house. The courses I usually find to play are a good 30-60 minutes away

Having something close is a huge benefit for sure. I think I timed it out to 13 minutes from the time I leave the house until the time I park. Really, the biggest benefits so far has been the unlimited practice balls, short game facility, and being able to play whenever without worrying about tee times.

Clubs here have been really aggressive with discounts due to the economy,etc.

I went form a 20 minute drive to 5 minutes, cant beat that. And once the pool opens I know my wife will get off my case

Here's a question that some people may be able to answer: a lot of clubs very close to me up here have little to no information about a membership on their website, or just say "membership is invitation only." With memberships down nationwide, would it be out-of-bounds to email the clubs if they have an email address listed to inquire about whether a membership is even available? Or is that just asking for trouble? I'm genuinely curious about it, but I also realize that this may be an issue in only major metropolitan areas with lots of "old money" around at these clubs.

Wtih regards to CC's in the Boston area, I seen many are offering deals at this point. (While I focus more west of Boston, I'm sure there are some in your area as well).

Example: The International in Bolton has a great deal going on: 2 courses $8,000 for a family membership with initiation fee waived. You can also get a weekend membership for the Oaks Course for $2800. good luck

no CC for me. pay as you play! you get to play more different courses!

no CC for me. pay as you play! you get to play more different courses!

I thought the same thing til I played everywhere around me within an hour radius...didnt bother me so much after that to play the same course most of the time and when you add that up, times 5 hour rounds, the cc route was a no brainer.

I recently found out we have reciprocal rights to four other clubs, so I figure I'll check them out if I need some variety.

For me, the CC is just for golf. I find I play alot more not worrying about paying every time I show up. Plus, my club favors members & always finds a way to get you on.

Don't country clubs exclude nonmembers entirely unless they are a guest of a member?

Smokerise (actually close to me) curiously missing from the map. Played there once and the range was really nice. Course had a tight layout and routing, but without that as a range option not sold on getting my usage out of the ITP deal.

I just got confirmation via email that Smokerise is NOT part of the ITP deal. Smokerise is only being managed by Canongate, and is not owned by them outright. I am still trying to figure out a couple other details regarding the ITP membership and club access.

Thanks for checking. I got the postcard and it was interesting, but I have to think proximity to a country club / membership is key to getting the value out of it (like a gym, etc). Never been a member of anything myself, just public.

I just got confirmation via email that Smokerise is NOT part of the ITP deal. Smokerise is only being managed by Canongate, and is not owned by them outright. I am still trying to figure out a couple other details regarding the ITP membership and club access.

Thanks for checking. I got the postcard and it was interesting, but I have to think proximity to a country club / membership is key to getting the value out of it (like a gym, etc). Never been a member of anything myself, just public.

I am still weighing the benefits myself. Turns out that my "home course" will be the Canongate I group down south 85 towards Newnan. That's a good 45 minutes from my house. I can still use all the other clubs, but for weekend tee times and maintaining my handicap, I will be considered a member of Canongate (can still play the other courses on the weekends, but getting my own tee times will be dicey).

You are right that ideally you want a club membership that is conveniently located. As posted earlier, this is not really a traditional country club membership. I will not have a club that I can just drop by and play a few holes whenever I want. I will have facilities available to me and some good courses I can play at discounted rates, along with a few other advantages of membership, but its not the same as joining a country club. I still think its a pretty good deal at $99/month, though.

Back