The Worst Driver You Ever Bought

The Hammer, by far.

No one wanted to play with a guy hitting 400+ yard drives. :bulgy-eyes:

Lmao. Did you yell "boooooooommmm" after every hit also? Or try to drive over mountains.

I bought a Slazenger Driver 2 years ago when I first started. Some of the people on here will remember it. It was just God awful in every aspect. It didn't clank, but It wasn't a pleasant sound. And it was very, very difficult to control. I'm glad I bought my 909 as quickly as I did.

Burner Superfast 2.0. I'm sure it's a good driver. I just can't hit that thing and don't fell comfortable. Still looking for something new.

My first new driver, a Ram. Went really straight but the women in the group had to wait for my second shot before they could tee off.

some Howson effort, i only had it a few weeks and i was playing a medal, i was about 13yrs old and i tee'd off in front of lots of other juniors and the head went further than the ball haha

An R5 that was on sale for cheap. OK if you swung it granny slow, turned viciously to the right when hit any harder. Went back to my ancient Top Flite "midsize" that was about 15 years old and my nice little draw came right back.

Callaway C4. Those were so bad they bought them back......

The original King Cobra...played TM metals virtually all my life..was gifted the Cobra and it was bloody awful...no matter how I hit it (shank, perfect, hook, draw, fade etc....), i'd get a hollow tinny feel from the thing...even remember nailing a dive over 300 plus yards once and everyone I was playing with getting excited...only problem was...I wasn't excited because I couldn't tell whether I had hit it well...not ever...went back to TM and have been gaming their woods ever since!

The Nexxt Green Monster illegal driver. It was cheap and I figured it would be interesting hitting 520cc driver but it was terrible

Tappin!

I've heard a lot of Callaway references. I agree. Worst driver I ever hit was the Diablo Edge. Sounded terrible, felt terrible, and my Top Flight XL7000 spanked its butt all over the course and driving range. Disliked Callaway before that driver and loathed them ever since.

Actually, this driver sucked so bad for me that I didn't even try to sell it, I wanted to punish it! So I asked my buddy Donnie, a scratch golfer with an unreal tee game, to try this abomination out because it had to be me and couldn't be the club's fault that it was THAT BAD. He did and he commenced to hit some of the worst drives I'd ever seen him hit. After his failure to get it to behave we had a ceremonious breaking, bashing, and throwing into the ocean moment with that thing.

A fitting end!

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Oooh fun!

Tappin!

Mine would also be the Dunlop driver that came with my first all-in-one set from (I believe) Canadian Tire. Just terrible. Irons worked fine for me, but that driver just bananad like crazy every time.

The original Taylor Made Burner Bubble. I could not hit the darn thing for the life of me. Everything was a soft high fly ball.

Oh yeah,,I wouldn't call this the worst I owned but forgot about it. I still have it actually. The guy who sold it to me probably thought it was his worst!

It is the Yonex Adx 2.0..graphite head and graphite shaft.

Nike SQ Dymo only thing Nike has going for them is Tiger Woods endorsing it

I will have to say any of the Nike Dymo. I always said I wouldn't buy a Nike club after that experience but the new VRS has changed my opinion.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

When i started to play years ago, I acquired and "Out-a-site" Driver, about the size of a standard 3 wood now, wow that was an expierence in itself to try and hit

Has to be my first driver. A box set of Ram golf clubs. Driver was crazy

Cally C4, still a great club to hit rocks with though.

Hehe, if Supertris and Machspeed black's are some of your guys worst ever drivers then youve got it freaking good!

Wierd, I could bomb the Nike Str 8 fit Square. Wish I still had it.

I should have sold mine to you! That's why everyone is different I guess. For me the thing produced spin numbers that I have never seen anyone get on a driver. 6000-8000 and more. Part of that was my swing of course, but at the time I also had a few other drivers that I didn't get that kind of spin from at all. I would love to say it was the shaft, but I had a few for it and none helped. So between the sound, which you have to admit was not great, the unorthodox looks, the silver headcover and the sky high shots that dropped dead out of the sky- there was just nothing about it that I liked.

But I LOVED the Cleveland XL, which is on someone's list here, I still have it as a back up and use it quite often.

So you just never know......

It was a gift, but it was the Wilson Invex. It lookd like a beige spaceship. It was the year before the "greatest big bertha" was unleashed on the world and the conforming and non conforming arguement started. That Wilson was about the size of my 4 wood.

Back