TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC Review Thread

Yeah thanks can barley stand the wait! Im in Minnesota since all the warm temperatures here the season will probably start earlier then normal, but my friend has a shed were ill be able to try them. Won't be able to wait to get my first GIR with them!

Thank you all for the wonderful info you have all provided on these irons. I am in between these and the Adams Pro a12's. I hit these along with Titelist AP2 712, CB 712 and Adams CB3. But I kept coming back to these 2 irons based on feel. I currently game Taylormade Burner 1.0 stock stiff shafts and have an issue with the ball ballooning on me. I desire a much more penetrating ball flight and something I can control. My swing speed on average is 91 mph and I play to a 7.1 index currently. Have any of the testers of the MC irons had a chance to do a side by side comparison with the Taylormade MC and the Adams Pro a12?

Thanks again all!!

Thank you all for the wonderful info you have all provided on these irons. I am in between these and the Adams Pro a12's. I hit these along with Titelist AP2 712, CB 712 and Adams CB3. But I kept coming back to these 2 irons based on feel. I currently game Taylormade Burner 1.0 stock stiff shafts and have an issue with the ball ballooning on me. I desire a much more penetrating ball flight and something I can control. My swing speed on average is 91 mph and I play to a 7.1 index currently. Have any of the testers of the MC irons had a chance to do a side by side comparison with the Taylormade MC and the Adams Pro a12?

Thanks again all!!

Have you tried the Taylormade CB's?

Thanks again all!!

Sorry I have not yet hit the Adams Pro a12. But I can tell you that if you are looking for a more penetrating ball flight come from your Burner 1.0 set, these will be a good fit.

Thanks again all!!

I certainly have not had the opportunity to compare those two irons, but I still have my MC's in the bag over a year after the testing started. I think the testing stopped around 8 months ago and I am still playing them. I love these irons.

Have you tried the Taylormade CB's?

Yes I was hitting those too but basically kept coming back to either the MC's or the a12's. Basically I got the same performance with the CB's as I did with the MC's. But I really preferred the look of the MC's. Both are beautiful clubs and I doubt I can wrong with either. I like the the stock shaft with the a12's is the KBS Tour S which I prefer of the DG s300 shafts in the MC's. I was able to test out a set of MC's with the KBS Tour S shaft and that felt amazing. It's nice to have such dilemma's in life! :p

Sorry I have not yet hit the Adams Pro a12. But I can tell you that if you are looking for a more penetrating ball flight come from your Burner 1.0 set, these will be a good fit.

The Burners are total shovel's and they served their purpose bringing my handicap from a 17 to a 7 in just 2 years. Now time to step up to a new set of irons.

I certainly have not had the opportunity to compare those two irons, but I still have my MC's in the bag over a year after the testing started. I think the testing stopped around 8 months ago and I am still playing them. I love these irons.

Well right there is great advertising for Taylormade!! I can get the MC's for a incredible deal so that may be a deciding factor too. But with the purchase of Adam's by Taylormade, I would have to wait to see if I can get a deal on them now. Life is tough you know! :)

The Burners are total shovel's and they served their purpose bringing my handicap from a 17 to a 7 in just 2 years. Now time to step up to a new set of irons.

I enjoyed my time with these. Are you going to try to get fitted for the right shaft or just go with the stock offering Dynamic Gold

I enjoyed my time with these. Are you going to try to get fitted for the right shaft or just go with the stock offering Dynamic Gold

Well I was hooked up with a buddy of mine that has started his own mobile fitting van company so I had a chance to hit pretty much any set up I wanted too. I love the feel and the performance of the KBS Tour S and the KBS C-Taper in each of these heads. Each shaft feels amazing!!! The DG's didnt offer the feed back I desire and the Project X's just felt horrible. So I would say that my next set of clubs will be with the KBS shafts. Just offer me the feel and performance that I desire with my swing.

Well I was hooked up with a buddy of mine that has started his own mobile fitting van company so I had a chance to hit pretty much any set up I wanted too. I love the feel and the performance of the KBS Tour S and the KBS C-Taper in each of these heads. Each shaft feels amazing!!! The DG's didnt offer the feed back I desire and the Project X's just felt horrible. So I would say that my next set of clubs will be with the KBS shafts. Just offer me the feel and performance that I desire with my swing.

That's a combo I wish I had tried out. I don't have a large experience with KBS but I am contemplating them for my next set.

That's a combo I wish I had tried out. I don't have a large experience with KBS but I am contemplating them for my next set.

I know for me with a swing speed of 91-92 MPH for a 6 iron, they really work well for me. I have no issue spinning the ball and KBS shafts offer a great penetrating ball flight and very tight dispersion. I was basically hitting high draws that were carrying 190 yards.

I know for me with a swing speed of 91-92 MPH for a 6 iron, they really work well for me. I have no issue spinning the ball and KBS shafts offer a great penetrating ball flight and very tight dispersion. I was basically hitting high draws that were carrying 190 yards.

what is going to make you choose one over the other? It sounds like you are leaning towards these

what is going to make you choose one over the other? It sounds like you are leaning towards these

Well first I would say durability. While I think the a12's do look better I think they wont wear as well as the MC's will. How have the MC's held up for the year? Another factor is price. If I can get the MC's for the same discount as I got my Burners then I think that might win out too!

Well first I would say durability. While I think the a12's do look better I think they wont wear as well as the MC's will. How have the MC's held up for the year? Another factor is price. If I can get the MC's for the same discount as I got my Burners then I think that might win out too!

In the time these were in the bag I had one little nick on them from hitting a shot out of a fairway bunker and there being a rock that I didn't see. Other than that I thought the wear on them was good. Nothing scared me about the wear and tear they took. SethO might be able to speak more about it because they are still in his bag.

In the time these were in the bag I had one little nick on them from hitting a shot out of a fairway bunker and there being a rock that I didn't see. Other than that I thought the wear on them was good. Nothing scared me about the wear and tear they took. SethO might be able to speak more about it because they are still in his bag.

Mind if I ask why they are not in your bag anymore?

Mind if I ask why they are not in your bag anymore?

He's in the Morgan Cup so he's being sponsored by Bridgestone

Mike is right. This year I am sponsored by Bridgestone so I will have J40's in the bag. Last year I was sponsored by Callaway so when those irons appeared these got pushed to the bench. Not because they were bad irons, because they aren't. I actually hit them pretty well when I had them in the bag.

Mike is right. This year I am sponsored by Bridgestone so I will have J40's in the bag. Last year I was sponsored by Callaway so when those irons appeared these got pushed to the bench. Not because they were bad irons, because they aren't. I actually hit them pretty well when I had them in the bag.

Very cool and thank you again for all the information!

They are wearing like a soft metal iron would. I have bag chatter and you can see where I typically hit the ball on the face, but it is not that bad. If I was not getting my Bridgestone J40 irons for the Morgan Cup, I would probably be gaming these for a few years. The thing I really noticed coming from different irons is the balance. These irons feel really good to me and really balanced. When I wipe all these irons down, they still look shiny and beautiful, but you can tell they have been hit and in the bag with no iron covers. I recon they look as good as any other soft metal iron whose owner has taken good care of them.

Hello,
This is also my first post on THP. I have the MC's on the way and was just wondering what the differences in ball flight are between the KBS stiff and DGS300? My clubs are coming stock with the S300.

Hello,
This is also my first post on THP. I have the MC's on the way and was just wondering what the differences in ball flight are between the KBS stiff and DGS300? My clubs are coming stock with the S300.

Theoretically you are gonna see a lower, piercing flight with the DGS300. The KBS launch a little bit higher and spin up a bit more. KBS, usually, little more rounded flight w/ longer carry and minimal rollout. DGS300, usually, flatter flight tiny less carry and tiny more roll.

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Hey guys first time on this forum but i had to chime in after reading a whole lot of what the testers have said about these irons. First off i will say that i am fairly new to golf, only been playing for 4 years and i am currently a 18 handicap. My swing speed is crazy fast and for the most part is one of my biggest problems. That being said i used to play game improvement irons and decided a few years back that i wanted to play more of a players club to force me to stike the ball better. I picked up the MC's last year and worked on my ball striking. I hit the ball very well and generally dont miss often thin or fat very often instead i have a tendancy to hook the ball. After getting used to the MC's i decided i really liked the smaller topline and less offset and decided to try adding the MB's to my set in the 7-pw. As soon as i hit them i was in love, looking at the small club face and next to no offset gave me a whole new confidence. This might seem wierd but i find them in no way any less forgiving than the mc's are, in fact i find that my dispersion is less. I am actually considering picking up the 4,5 and 6 iron to complete the set now.

Just an edit before someone flames me for being an 18 HC and shooting the MB's. My handicap is due to a number of things such as my abilty to swing like a jack ass when the driver is in my hand. My lack of short game and my inability to putt.
Also i just realised that i put this in the MC review and now the MB review if i mod could move it by chance sorry

Last edited:
Million dollar question. Can a 17 handicap handle these irons? I consistently shoot low 80s and have broken 80 twice this year.

Back