Callaway RAZR Fit Driver

Is that a good thing?

It is at the moment. These two drivers are completely different. The Fit is slightly lower launching than the Classic, and when I really hit this on the screws, I think this is a slightly longer driver for me off of the tee than the Classic.

Nice little review CLefty. For some reason I've been thinking a lot about this driver lately. I didn't care for the stock shaft offering, but the golf shop now has the full fitting cart. I may have to demo a few shaft options and see how this is on the course. I loved my RHT and am intrigued by the thought of adjustability.

The one thing that's really nice about the Callaway adjustable system is that it keeps the shaft in the same orientation. Might not mean much but it was something I considered when looking for a driver and I'm glad that it does so if I ever re-shaft it.

I hope it works for you. What shafts are you looking at?

Looking forward to trying this one out on Tuesday. :)

Looking forward to trying this one out on Tuesday. :)

Isn't that sacrilege to a TM sponsored guy?

I bet you like it though after that FT9 run last season. IMO the RF is a more forgiving FT9 with faster ball speeds.

Isn't that sacrilege to a TM sponsored guy?

I bet you like it though after that FT9 run last season. IMO the RF is a more forgiving FT9 with faster ball speeds.

Oh, I'm not under contract or anything. I've tried my buddy's Razr Hawk driver & 3W with Diamana Whiteboard a bit on the range in the past week and it has made me...bi-curious, shall we say, when it comes to brands. I put it down mostly to difference in shafts (at least in the 3W). My friend is getting fit for new driver and woods next week, so I'll tag along and try them out and compare with my current sticks. Then in the coming weeks I'll try the new TM line and we'll see what ends up where.

But if I end up with Callaway woods in my bag, I'm not gonna have the Callaway headcovers on. :
IMO the RF is a more forgiving FT9 with faster ball speeds.

This makes me giddy.

Razr Fit all the way, but go hit both of them to see which suits you better

I second that thought....I hit both on the LM and hit the Fit much better!

r11S or Razr Fit...can't decide...

I've only hit the fit but my buddy tested both and the R11S' downfall was the spin compared to the fit when he was deciding.

Just got done with my demo day fitting and this thing is super long. I started with a 10.5, closed, draw bias in stock stiff shaft. They toyed around with some settings and numbers, he wanted to keep my spin down under 3,000. He switched me to a 9.5 everything else the same and got it to around 2600 and I loved the ball flight and launch.

This just moved up on my wishlist!

Just got done with my demo day fitting and this thing is super long. I started with a 10.5, closed, draw bias in stock stiff shaft. They toyed around with some settings and numbers, he wanted to keep my spin down under 3,000. He switched me to a 9.5 everything else the same and got it to around 2600 and I loved the ball flight and launch.

This just moved up on my wishlist!

Glad it worked out for you. It's a GREAT club. Hopefully you can bag one soon!

Anyone else notice the stock stiff shaft playing more like a reqular or even senior flex. I ended up with a 9.5* stiff shaft Razr fit when normally I'd play a 10.5* reg flex. I'm not complaining as I'm getting way more roll and much more accuracy than any other dirver I've hit, but I'm seeing a much higher ball flight than I'm used to with a driver.

Going to have to schedule an appoitment to get fitted for a lower launching shaft soon. Hopefully that will make this club even longer that it already is, which is already longer than any of my old drivers.

Anyone else notice the stock stiff shaft playing more like a reqular or even senior flex. I ended up with a 9.5* stiff shaft Razr fit when normally I'd play a 10.5* reg flex. I'm not complaining as I'm getting way more roll and much more accuracy than any other dirver I've hit, but I'm seeing a much higher ball flight than I'm used to with a driver.

Going to have to schedule an appoitment to get fitted for a lower launching shaft soon. Hopefully that will make this club even longer that it already is, which is already longer than any of my old drivers.

That has been my experience with the Reg Flex stock shaft. I love the club but if I get a bit quick I lose it left. I'm committed to finding the right shaft for this head however because I love the look and sound of this driver. Unfortunately, the shaft is wee bit whippy. I ordered a Diamana Kali earlier this week that I should have on Friday and will try it out for 2 rounds over the weekend.

That has been my experience with the Reg Flex stock shaft. I love the club but if I get a bit quick I lose it left. I'm committed to finding the right shaft for this head however because I love the look and sound of this driver. Unfortunately, the shaft is wee bit whippy. I ordered a Diamana Kali earlier this week that I should have on Friday and will try it out for 2 rounds over the weekend.

Let us know how that goes. I love the Kai'li. Thinking about ordering one in R flex for this driver myself.

While picking up my newley reshafted irons last night, my fitter and I were discussing the shaft issue I'm perceving. He frequency'd the shaft and it came out at 5.4. So the supposed stiff is more like an R+. We also took an R shaft and it came out at 4.8, so more like a Senior+ or R- flex.

5.4cfm is right where my driver shaft should be so that is perfect, I just wish it launched a little lower.

Tried a demo club today with the stock "stiff". Clubhead feels great but the shaft was of course like overcooked spaghetti.

Works Great for Beginners, Too

Works Great for Beginners, Too

I'm a new player - four months now, after starting to play on my 60th birthday. I was having a lot of trouble with my driver, a Cleveland XL270 Draw, and my teacher, a club pro, brought some new ones for me to try. The Razr Fit made a huge difference for me and, a few hours later, I bought one. I've hit it at the range several times, and played two rounds with it. I'm very, very pleased with it. Not only is it about 20 yards longer and much straighter than my previous driver, it's also given me the confidence to be more aggressive, and I'm hitting harder, better and more consistently.

Because I was used to a draw biased driver, I started with it set up with the face closed and the weights reversed to help counteract my fade. I've since gone back to the face being square. I'll probably experiment with the weights a bit as well, but for now I'm hitting it much straighter, and missing left as much as I miss right. I got the 11.5 loft, regular flex. Even so, the trajectory is considerably lower than I was hitting with the 10.5 Cleveland. I'm hitting it about 220-230, which is a big step forward for me (I hit my 3H about 180).

After adjusting the face angle the first time and hitting about 30-40 balls at the range, the club head loosened up. Nothing dangerous, but it was moving. I thought I had tightened it enough, but obviously I hadn't. It turns out the the very nice included wrench is actually a torque wrench. If you adjust the club, be sure to tighten until the wrench clicks. It won't let you over-tighten.

BTW, I read that on the FW version of this club the loft changes with the face angle adjustment - -1 degree when closed, +1 when open. The small guide that came with this club doesn't say anything about that, but it might be worth checking out.

Im gonna have to hit this one. Looks like a sweet club. Don't like what Im hearing about the weak shafts though.

I'm gonna wait for the "tour" version to come out an order a new shaft with that tip. Otherwise I love this driver

I'm gonna wait for the "tour" version to come out an order a new shaft with that tip. Otherwise I love this driver

Another Tour Mex in the making!

I'm gonna wait for a different head to come out and put a different shaft and it but other than changing the entire driver I love this driver.

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

My new Kali didn't show up as hoped on Friday. Played with the noodle standard shaft at Lakewood CC in Dallas today and I could have used a tighter shaft on some of those tight tree-lined holes. Hopefully next week I can provide some feedback with the new shaft.

I can't wait to put this thing in my bag, when I did my fitting it added 27 yards to my drive and I hit it dead straight!! I hope we get to add these to our Morgan Cup bags soon!

I can't wait to put this thing in my bag, when I did my fitting it added 27 yards to my drive and I hit it dead straight!! I hope we get to add these to our Morgan Cup bags soon!

I won't lie this has been rapidly climbing the ponder list. Hit it the other day for the first time since December and it was better now than it was then.

Back