"The most beautiful course in the world"

GopherNut

Reaction score
Handicap
If I were to trust one person to tell you where the most beautiful golf course in the world is, I would have to go with Gary Player.

I spent a month in Bulgaria for my MBA several years ago and wrote my senior thesis on establishing a high-end golf course on the Black Sea. As if somebody read it and implemented it, here is Thracian Cliffs.

[video=youtube_share;OgC3iRSw-0U]http://youtu.be/OgC3iRSw-0U[/video]

Has anybody played here or played a course (or even traveled to) Bulgaria?

Have never played there, nor been there, but it does look absolutely incredible.

All I can say is this place is breathtaking.

Beautiful course, looks tough as well.

I see your Thracian Cliffs, and raise you Cape Kidnappers...

cape_kidnappers_0909__large_gary_lisbon_large.jpg

Dramatic-cliffs-of-Cape-Kidnappers.jpg

havent been there, but ahat a amazing looking course, some breathtaking views for sure

I have always wanted to play golf somewhere tropical.. like in the Carribean. One day

Im a fan of Wolf Creek, right here in good ol Merica!

Look amazing. Makes Bulgaria look a lot more luxurious than most pictures I've seen of it.

This course is going to host the Volvo Match Play on the European Tour next year: http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golftalkcentral/volvo-match-play-headed-to-bulgaria-in-13/

That's great! It'll be great for the country to show off what it has to offer, besides what appears to be a great course. When I was there, there were fewer than 10 known courses in the country and most of them were either brand new or not really up to standards of a bad city ran "muni" course.

Look amazing. Makes Bulgaria look a lot more luxurious than most pictures I've seen of it.

Agreed. Most of the country is still very poor but there are some beautiful luxury resorts on the sea and the city of Sofia is growing and becoming much more modern. I'm looking to make a return trip in a few years to see how much it has progressed over the past decade or so.

I have always wanted to play golf somewhere tropical.. like in the Carribean. One day

Speaking of the Caribbean, I played at Punta Espada in the Dominican Republic a couple of years ago, which was probably the prettiest course I've ever played at. Here is a view off of the tee at one of the par 3's:

5267793281_b716d8105c_z.jpg

Speaking of the Caribbean, I played at Punta Espada in the Dominican Republic a couple of years ago, which was probably the prettiest course I've ever played at. Here is a view off of the tee at one of the par 3's:

5267793281_b716d8105c_z.jpg

Absolutely incredible. This is why I want to play somewhere in the carribean. The beautiful ocean and the white sand. The Grand Cayman's preferrably. I swear when I went there you could see a mile down to the bottom of the ocean the water is so clear

Adding these to my "to play list". Now to head out and buy a winning lottery ticket!

Seriously beautiful courses.

Looking through this thread, the chilly Northeast where I currently sit doesn't hold much appeal for me...

I was looking into a Ireland trip and was definitely going to play here. I assume there are THP members that have played here. Its got to be spectacular.

Old Head Golf Links
Old_Head_Aerial-605x397.jpg

Back