Phil Mickelson Using RBZ 3 Wood

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like Phil put one in the bag this week. Callaway has said its not a big deal as he has a flexible contract and they have "bigger things coming". Apparently it was a "gapping" thing for him. Interesting choice at this point of the season as guys like to dabble.

Ah...so the 3 Wood question has been answered, Seth! I've seen a couple pics of the blacked out RBZ...interesting...

I like Callaway's response.

Looks like Phil put one in the bag this week. Callaway has said its not a big deal as he has a flexible contract and they have "bigger things coming". Apparently it was a "gapping" thing for him. Interesting choice at this point of the season as guys like to dabble.

Phil said Callaway had something and he's really excited about using it and how far he hits it. How long it is gives him multiple options off the tee. Apparently it was all a lie lol.

I guess this means I'd better buy an RBZ 3 wood.

That gap must be 17 yards

Hmmmm.....now that is​ interesting.

• Admin
Phil said Callaway had something and he's really excited about using it and how far he hits it. How long it is gives him multiple options off the tee. Apparently it was all a lie lol.

Actually from what I heard, it was less about a lie and more about a gap issue. He needed something for different yardage and wanted to try a few things out. Been experimenting with a number of FW woods recently from what I have been told.

Well! Interesting response from Callaway! I understand that this is the time of the year for players to try different clubs and balls.

Notice they have BIGGER things coming not longer.

Interesting. Hard to picture Phil with a TM wood. I can't wait to see what callaway is coming out with!

Actually from what I heard, it was less about a lie and more about a gap issue. He needed something for different yardage and wanted to try a few things out. Been experimenting with a number of FW woods recently from what I have been told.

No I meant when the post round announcer asked him about his new 3w, he said it was a new Callaway wood. Not a lie issue, an actual lie. Lol

No I meant when the post round announcer asked him about his new 3w, he said it was a new Callaway wood. Not a lie issue, an actual lie. Lol

Ahhh, I missed that. That is interesting for sure.

That is interesting as I thought club deals were pretty tight on the players. Now I know Phil is Phil too. So it was a gap issue that no Callaway fairway wood could address or even get done for him?

are there other pros that have this in the bag and have it painted black? Was that done at Callaway's request even though they say they don't have a problem with it?

are there other pros that have this in the bag and have it painted black? Was that done at Callaway's request even though they say they don't have a problem with it?

Callaway was probably the one who painted it black. They probably put the Callaway aim alignment on it too.

Tons of touring pros use these things it seems

I was killing the one at the tour van event in Ohio

That gap must be 17 yards

BOOM!

That makes sense. It would be hard not to want to try out different clubs and see what happens.

I want to see photos of it.

just googled it.. looks soooooo sick.
edit: also saw a matt black R11S driver with an orange sole-plate, everything else black. pretty dang sick. lots of ideas goin through my head right now..

I'm going to paint my RBZ 3 wood black so I can tell people I have the model Phil plays. :)

Back