Third World Golfer for 45 years

RKhan

Reaction score
Handicap
I am new to THP and would like to introduce myself. I live in Nepal & Pakistan and have been playing golf for over 45 years. I was 7 handicapper in 1972. These days I am a 6 handicapper. I am experimenting with my swing a lot these days basically trying to use more shoulders and less wrists. We do not have access to certified coaches or swing analysis equipment which makes it quite difficult to see the errors. This game is very enjoyable but at the same time frustrating. But I am making slow progress in understanding teh basics. I feel that I slice/fade/duck hook when i do not turn my shoulders enough and keep the left side fixed. I sway a lot.

I can hit the driver (260 + carry) and woods but am struggling with the 5 and 6 irons. Shorts irons ar Ok. Most of the time I am pulling my shots as I have on over the top swing which I am trying to correct.

Mt putting is the weakest part as i do not practice enough. These days I am trying to hit the putt on the upswing.

I just bought a TP R9 iron set. I like them but I am planning to upgrade to TP MB or an equivalent Mizuno. In the absence of custom fitting facilities i will go for a standard stiff shaft iron set.

Any long distance help and support would be appreciated.

Riaz Khan

Welcome to THP Riaz Khan

Welcome to THP! There are tons of great iron sets out there, so check out some of THP's testing threads for feedback!

Welcome to the site!

welcome to THP,over the top guy myself,hell I must be the only person in the world who can come over the top on a putt:act-up:

Welcome

Welcome to THP! High altitude golfing :)

Welcome to THP, Riaz!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP; would love to hear more about golf and the courses in your area.

Welcome to THP! I am sure you will find what you are looking for and so much more!

Welcome

Welcome to the forum Riaz!

Welcome to THP, glad to have ya here.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to thp

Welcome to THP! It sounds like you have a unique golf story. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

Welcome to THP Riaz Khan !

:welcome: Riaz, you have a very solid game. Look forward to getting to know you here on THP.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Welcome to THP. Glad to have you as part of the community.

Welcome to THP! There are tons of great iron sets out there, so check out some of THP's testing threads for feedback!

I second this!! You should be able to get a good idea on various clubs to try. Any way you can get to a Launch Monitor?? It would help a great deal.

BTW, Welcome to THP!!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

LtEvO TaPpEd In

Back