2013 THP Fantasy League #1 Draft Thread

Same here. I will begin prepping Sunday night and the complain about my team sucking all season.

Haha, I'm playing golf with THP'ers Sunday afternoon and will get home 30 minutes before draft. Start drinking....game on!

With 16 team leagues, most can get through the first 8 rounds or so with a cheat sheet from a magazine and common sense. Its rounds 10 and later in a 16 team league that seem to separate things. You will see those that did not do any research scrambling in the first week or two for waiver wire depth. Starters will be fine and they can still win, but the depth is just not there.

With 16 team leagues, most can get through the first 8 rounds or so with a cheat sheet from a magazine and common sense. Its rounds 10 and later in a 16 team league that seem to separate things. You will see those that did not do any research scrambling in the first week or two for waiver wire depth. Starters will be fine and they can still win, but the depth is just not there.

I'll be honest: I bought the draft mag last year and looked at sleepers, etc but once the draft got going it was such a quick pace that it was useless (for a rookie like me). And I ended up pretty happy with my team. Beginners luck probably!

I think the reason I struggled so much last year was for this reason. I did my research... based on a normal league draft, so like you said, in those later rounds all of those players were gone. I have never drafted particularly well, but have always done very well by picking up players on the waiver wire, just for a week or two, based on matchups and injuries to starters. In such a deep league those pickups were hard to come by.

I am good. I watched Hard Knocks on HBO.

I will be ready on Sunday. We have our get together for our local league tomorrow night. It's a draft weekend for me!

I hope you are all ready for the hurting that is about to begin. I haven't played FF in easily 10 years, so I'm due for total domination.

I hope you are all ready for the hurting that is about to begin. I haven't played FF in easily 10 years, so I'm due for total domination.

Attorney slang for I don't know what the eff I'm doing?

Sounds like attorney sandbagging to me.

Did some mock drafts today. I'm not overly ready but I'm confident I can top a canadian and southern lawyer.

I think I have done 30 mock drafts now. Can't wait for the real thing.

Kim just ends up with a butt load of RB's.

Skimming here, but what time is the draft?

So looking forward to tonight!

Finally looked at a few things this morning.....may just need to rename my fantasy team the Dallas Cowboys!

Really hoping I can get Romo, Murray, and Bryant in the first 3 rounds.

So looking forward to tonight!

Finally looked at a few things this morning.....may just need to rename my fantasy team the Dallas Cowboys!

Really hoping I can get Romo, Murray, and Bryant in the first 3 rounds.

Or you could just name your team "Thanks for the donation"

Back