Jacksonville, FL THP Meets - Ongoing

Found this on a Facebook page for Savannah, GA, but it is for the King & Prince Golf Resort on St. Simon's Island, GA: "The next 100 people who email: sales@kingandprince.com with "GOLF" in the subject line will receive a special rate starting at $129 per night (per unit, not per person) + 2 rounds of golf each day, all taxes and fees included. Good Nov 20th - Feb 12th excluding holidays."

I sent my email. Just a round of golf there is frequently $120 on Golfnow. To get the golf and a room for that price for two people is insane, even if it is winter.

Did you get a response to this?

Ok, so here's some visual proof that the greens at Cimarrone are back. One or two might get a B grade but the others I'd give an A. Smooth, roll well, hold lines, accept approach shots. As good as any public course I've played lately, better than many. View attachment 11635View attachment 11636View attachment 11637

Gently tapped like a downhill three-footer.

I am surprised, these don't look half bad. Hopefully they can keep them like this.

I am surprised, these don't look half bad. Hopefully they can keep them like this.

Roy and I played there on Sunday. They're in OK shape I guess. They're going them longer and rolling them flat. They roll OK with the grain, but against it, or aside it, it's less awesome. Course is a fun one though. First time playing there.

Did you get a response to this?

I did. Got the deal. I still have to call them and convince my wife to do it (they have a spa so it shouldn't be too hard). The deal is because during those dates they are remodelling the lobby building. Aside from that it shouldn't matter. I don't stay in the lobby so I could care less. A nice get away up the road to play a course I've wanted to try for a good price? Why not.

Anyone up for a round this Saturday (Nov 9th) morning?

Anyone up for a round this Saturday (Nov 9th) morning?

I believe many of the Jax crew are coming to the THP Gauntlet in Sarasota.

I believe many of the Jax crew are coming to the THP Gauntlet in Sarasota.

Alas, I already had a big family vacation scheduled for November and couldn't do both.

If anyone is not going to Sarasota and wants to play Saturday we can piss and moan about not being in Sarasota instead together. :)

Alas, I already had a big family vacation scheduled for November and couldn't do both.

If anyone is not going to Sarasota and wants to play Saturday we can piss and moan about not being in Sarasota instead together. :)

Ive been out of town every weekend since the beginning of Oct. After this week, should be around more. We should hit up Deercreek next weekend if you are around.

Ive been out of town every weekend since the beginning of Oct. After this week, should be around more. We should hit up Deercreek next weekend if you are around.

I'll check with the CEO. The 16th will be a "grandparent weekend" with the kiddo. Maybe the 23rd.

If anyone is around and wants to join I'm booked via golfnow at Fleming island at 7:54 on sat the 9th.

Taking Friday Nov 15 off. Anyone want to get. Round in before the weekend starts?

Taking Friday Nov 15 off. Anyone want to get. Round in before the weekend starts?

Wish I could but I'm off all the next week and will have a lot to finish up in the office before that.

Just thought I'd put this out here. Making pre-plan for Florida Xmas trip and Jacksonville area is getting earmarked for a few days (Dec. 30-Jan. 2). With dream course, Sawgrass in the area, it'll be awesome to get a tee time there. Plus, any of your fave courses that you'd recommend and if you're around to get a foursome going. Anything with THPers is always a good thing. Have a good one.

Just thought I'd put this out here. Making pre-plan for Florida Xmas trip and Jacksonville area is getting earmarked for a few days (Dec. 30-Jan. 2). With dream course, Sawgrass in the area, it'll be awesome to get a tee time there. Plus, any of your fave courses that you'd recommend and if you're around to get a foursome going. Anything with THPers is always a good thing. Have a good one.

There's a good chance I would be down for some holiday THP golf, what day were you planning on playing? I wouldn't take a day off of work but I would likely not have a conflict on either the 31st or the 1st.

Just a thanks to some of the Jax crew for coming down to the Gauntlet.
What a freaking fun weekend.

I may be able to play some golf around that time. So tough to plan around the holiday time but will for sure put this down.

I may be able to come down for some New years golf at Sawgrass, I haven't played there for a few years.

Keep in mind the Jacksonville area isn't really Florida during the winter. It's not Canada cold by any means, but it's not South Florida for sure.

That being said, I'll be in Key Largo that week so I won't be able to join you.

I'll be around but will not be playing on Jan 1. Best football day of the year!

Last edited:
Jeff is going to set something up at some point for somewhere. I think he's aiming to become a top poster and take this joint over.

Jeff is going to set something up at some point for somewhere. I think he's aiming to become a top poster and take this joint over.

JaxGolferJuan?

There's a good chance I would be down for some holiday THP golf, what day were you planning on playing? I wouldn't take a day off of work but I would likely not have a conflict on either the 31st or the 1st.

I may be able to play some golf around that time. So tough to plan around the holiday time but will for sure put this down.

I may be able to come down for some New years golf at Sawgrass, I haven't played there for a few years.

Keep in mind the Jacksonville area isn't really Florida during the winter. It's not Canada cold by any means, but it's not South Florida for sure.

That being said, I'll be in Key Largo that week so I won't be able to join you.

Oooooo, thanks for the quick response guys. I like what I'm hearing so far. Our (Wife & I, maybe buddy & his gf) FL trip starts west, in Tampa/Sarasota on Dec. 26-29. Want to catch Lightning game, they play 2 nites in row. A few rounds of golf there, maybe with THPers too, sightseeing, etc. Then we head to Jax. for remainder of our trip. I haven't booked yet, but within the next 14 days I should have it done. Yeah, New Year's Eve or New Year's Day golf at Sawgrass would be too awesome or elsewhere too. Ok, good stuff. You all have a good day.

What is this "Lightning Game" you speak of?

Sorry, but I won't be in town those dates. If you are unable to get on at Sawgrass check out the courses on Amelia Island Plantation, Amelia River Golf Course or North Hampton North and St. Johns Golf & CC South. Plenty of great courses in the area, but TPC Sawgrass, Dye's Valley, Ponte Vedra Inn & Club are the jewels.

Back