7 things that we don't know about you....

This thread is deep, very interesting. Lets see how I do

1) I was born in Santa Fe, New Mexico. My dad was a nationally known chef in the 80s and at that time was the executive chef at the Santa Fe Hilton Head restaurant durring its grand opening.

2) I'm related to Fara Fawcett, my moms maiden name is Fawcett.

3) I can't whistle or snap my fingers.

4) I can get bad anxiety from worrying about things I have zero control over.

5) I was an extreme slacker in highschool and didn't graduate, I've since changed and am currently working the long way to fixing my future. Its the 1 thing I absolutely regret in my life.

6) I'm of German decent and I love the German language and going to Germany is 1st on my bucket list.

7) This week I got my first gray hair, I'm going to be 27 in February. I haven't even told my girlfriend yet, it just feels weird, like I've had a different perspective lately.

6) I'm of German decent and I love the German language and going to Germany is 1st on my bucket list.

Born in Germany and lived there for 14 years :D

Born in Germany and lived there for 14 years :D

Awesome! Its something I've always been infatuated by, I think it started when I was a kid watching Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory. I loved the town and since then I've alway loved the old architecture. I want to go to all the cultural hubs like Weimar and München. Took German in highschool, wish I remembered more but it has been almost 10 years. I want to know more.

Edit: yankee.. my ass :alien:

Haha I've been asked to many times and have had the opporunity to but just have zero desire to put any of that crap in my body.

I am in this same crowd as well

1. At 4 years old I was diagnosed with a learning disability.
2. Graduated from Towson st. University
3. Played ice hockey in Montreal, Vancouver and Iceland
4. Met my wife at a summer house meet and greet
5. We got an engaged at the place we met a year later
6. Found out my wife was pregnant the day we got home from our honeymoon
7. Been playing golf 3 years seriously and I am addicted

1. I am an only child and it's probably a good thing. Dad left when I was 9 and mom had squat for money after that. I sill learn of the things she sacrificed so she could raise me the best she could and it makes me love her even more. She did without a whole lot to make my life as good as she could.

2. My wife is friends with my 'first'. It sometimes creates some interesting conversations.

3. I was on my way to a job interview when I had an accident (my 73 Mustang vs. a 69 Camaro). I missed the interview, lost the job, and later that week ended up at a recruiter's office. I joined the Air Force on a whim and spent 21 1/2 years on the inside.

4. I used to be a pretty heavy drinker. In 1998, stationed in Korea, I could down a case of beer in an evening without thinking about it. However, some regrettable actions while hammered made the decision to stop pretty easy. I've had two complete blackouts, too. Now, I drink a beer or two at most and only on the rare occasion.

5. I once got pulled over in my hometown south of Indy for racing at about 1:30AM. Luckily, I knew the cop. He scolded me, yelled at me, called me names, and told me I was going to kill someone. He then wrote the ticket for 54 in a 35 even though he said they had me at 98. Small town living!!!
Spoiler
MyRide86.jpg
[/IMG]

6. I've never really been in a real fight. I did, however, once get so pissed at a kid in high school I punched the wall behind him in the bathroom. You know, that painted, cinder block wall high schools have. I punched it so hard I cracked it, broke my hand, scared the crap out of him and a few others, and never really had too much trouble with anyone after that.
Punching things used to be my rage release, until I finally got tired of the broken knuckles and fingers. Next time you see me, you can see all the scars on my knuckles. Not proud of it, really, and I quit that crap a long time ago.

7. I'm more sensitive to certain things than one might imagine. Injured animals, or animal cop shows? Forget it. Underdog, bullied, or "unnoticeable" people doing amazing things, like on X Factor, or AGT? Gets me every time. I love it when the unexpected comes from those you wouldn't expect. Also, military homecoming videos. Yikes.

1) Lived all 40 of my years in Indiana in the same city.

2) I've only been to 10 states and have never seen the ocean.

3) I've never had a stitch, broken bone, or even a cavity.

4) I've bowled a 300 game (never a hole in one, though).

5) Used to be a pretty serious poker player. Largest win was a $10K tourney at French Lick. Largest online score was $5400ish ($27.50 tourney with 1200+ entries).

6) I have some world records. Stainless steel production (sexy, huh?).

7) I can shake my eyeballs rapidly.

Wow, I'm boring. That was hard!

1. I was completely blonde until I turned 17. Then one day my hair went totally dark. It is now light again but its more of that gray color.

2. My dad was only 5'11 and my mom is 5'5. I am 6'5 there has been many milkman jokes in my life about it.

3. I grew so fast as a kid I went from a size 9 to a 10.5 shoe in 6 weeks at one point. My mother thought I was lying to her when I said my new shoes didnt fit.

4. I was offered college scholarships for bowling but turned them down to play other sports.

5. I can tie a cherry stem into a knot with only using my tongue.

6. My new wife likes football more than I do and that's saying a lot. I might be the luckiest man on earth.

7. In high school my senior year I did not wear a pair of shoes to school one day. Flip flops only. Was kinda of a personal goal to piss my teachers off.

Good stuff guys!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Interesting stuff here guys! I'll give this a go, though some of my stuff simply will not stack up:

1) I am a black belt in Tae Kwon Do as of this year. I also hold a brown belt in American Kenpo and have completed about a year of training in Krav Maga.
2) I am from New Jersey, went to college in Virginia, lived in Utah the past two years, and now I live in Washington. Coast to coast baby!
3) I used to be really into video games, to the point where my friends and I would do nothing but play them when we hung out. Mostly N64 and GameCube - Zelda, Smash, FZero, etc. Now, I have virtually no desire to play them anymore.
4) My college wind ensemble at Virginia Tech played at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C.
5) I broke a girl's leg once in middle school when she jumped in front of my sled, and I trudged a mile back to my aunt's house in a foot of snow in order to call for help for her (kids did not have cell phones then!).
6) I can't whistle. At all.
7) I was on a wild mouse roller coaster in Ocean City, NJ mere days before a car flew off the tracks into a parking lot, killing the 2 people on board. Scary stuff.

That was tough. And pretty random haha

Oh man I have lost months of my life to Super Smash Bros!!! My goodness was that an awesome game.

Lets see what I can think of.

1. When I was born I had a heart vavle that didn't shut off and had Open Heart Surgery at only a few days old. I was born almost 3 month premature and I was the youngest person ever to have Open Heart Surgery at KU Med Center in KC. My heart was the size of tip of a normal persons thumb. The scar is pretty big and goes from my chest around under my left arm and to my back.

2. A lot of you know my best friend, my twin brother Callawaygolfpro. When we were young we looked a lot a like. Then around 8th grade he got taller. We still look a lot alike, but he's got about 2 inches and probably 20 lbs on me now. I cried when I called and told him I was moving out here from KC.

3. I met my wife as I was taking out my trash at my apartment when I was a senior at Kansas State. She was a Freshman, and that night we partied at her apartment. She got drunk for the first time ever that night, and her friend/room mate gave me a key to their apartment since I didn't have cable...so I could come over and watch tv while they were gone. lol So that worked out well! lol

4. At one point, CGP and I were the youngest 1st Degree Blackbelts in the US at the age of 9...In Hapkido.

5. I've owned two Corvettes (1st one at 18 ), still own one and I've been working at a Ford Dealership for 6 years and when I do drive it to work, I have to park towards the back/side of the dealership. I have a model of that car behind my desk and sometimes get asked about it. It runs in my family, CGP has one...Dad has had two. Outside of the Corvette, I'm a Ford guy now....mostly. Car guy in general.

6. I didn't get invited to my first party (drinking party) until I was a senior in high school. My classmates thought I was a cool guy to party with, but said they were affraid I would tell my Mom (High School teacher) and the party would get busted. Why would I tell my Mom I planned on doing some under aged drinking? They agreed the logic wasn't sound either.

7. I got an Associates Degree from a small JUCO in Kansas that's more about football (Coffeyville) but I played golf for them. Then went to K-State for a degree in Horticulture Science with an emphasis in Golf Course Management. I never used that knowledge much as I got a job as the Asst. Golf Pro at a course near Manhattan in Junction City, Rolling Meadows Golf Course, after college. Budget then got cut and so did my position. So I worked for Enterprise Rent A Car for two years (Manhattan & KC), then moved out here and worked as at bowling supply company in sales (everything but the lanes and machines), then got a job at the dealership and worked my way up to the Finance Manager.

That was harder than I thought...but fun!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I like this. . .

1. I too was one of those 2nd try kids. Mom miscarried 3 months into her first pregnancy.

2. As a kid living in Panama(Airforce brat) we drove from there to dad's next station transfer here in Spokane. Dad built a camper out of an empty VW van and the 6 of us took 3 1/2 weeks to drive from Panama to Spokane Washington. We hit every country in Central America.

3. I used to be an EMT working at a small rural hospital and runs on the ambulance.

4. I am a 2nd degree brown belt (one step from black) in Kenpo Karate and have a 3-2 record in Full Contact fights (PKA rules). My instructor used to be the sparring partner for Randall "Tex" Cobb.

5. I had never touched a drum stick till I was 35. Then a buddy talked me into buying a used kit and trying to learn it on a challenge. I'm sure glad Todd did that!

6. I survived colon cancer. The surgeon said had the cancer not been found, I would have been dead in 6 months. It was found by a fluke since I had no symptoms. So here I stand on my soapbox to preach to all my THP friends.. . . ask your Dr. about getting a colonoscopy, it could save your life. It did mine.

7. I met Mrs. Drumdog through a Yahoo! chat room in 1998. I was actually chatting with her sister and a bunch of other folks. Then we all decided to meet IRL and her sister brought her along as backup. 11 of us met at a restaurant/bar and I was in love from the moment I shook her hand. After 2 years of dating and then 4 years of living together, I finally convinced her to marry me in 2004.

1. When I was in elementary school it was discovered that I had dyslexia. I really don't think it effects me today for the most part, but I do read slower than most people my age and I am a terrible speller (thank God for spell check). I also struggle with Algebra and anything that requires letters instead of numbers. I have read that is is liked to the dyslexia.

2. I met my wife on a dating site. Our first date was 11.25.04 and we were married 4 months later. We have been married for over 8 years now.

3. I almost joined the Air Force at 19. The recruiter wanted me to lose a certain amount of weight before letting me enlist, but I couldn't quite get to the number and finally gave up trying. I regret that decision so very much.

4. I quit the Boy Scouts. Another decision I regret a great deal. I was in 2 troops. The 1st didn't do anything, but play basketball at the meetings. It was a waste of time. The 2nd troop had a couple serious bullies and I was a target of their wrath more times than I could stand. Instead of looking for a 3rd troop I decided that I would just take a break. I never went back.

5. I have struggled with my weight since I was in middle school. At one point in my adult life I reached 270 pounds and at just under 5'8" that is a lot of weight to tote around. I made up my mind one day to lost weight and dropped down to 180 pounds. A few years ago I got back up to 230 and once again decided to take charge and dropped all the way down to 150. That was way to low for me and I didn't even recognize myself in the mirror. It got to the point that people that that I had some type of terminal disease. I am around 190 today, but really want to get to the 175 - 180 range.

6. I have lived in Georgia my entire life and have never traveled outside the United States of America. I don't even own a passport.

7. More often than not I feel like a complete and utter failure. I have never really been great at anything. I am usually average or just below average in most things I attempt. The one thing that I am actually very good at is my job and I hate it, but don't know what else I would do at this point in life.

You're funny as hell and I suspect one heck of a sand bagger, JH. And a great guy. I request you change #7 since it's inaccurate. :alien:

This has been a great read, lots of cool facts.

1. I was born and raised around D.C. On the Maryland side.

2. As a child I used to play at the White House a lot.

3. I've lived in, MD, SC, VT, CT, and CA.

4. I started playing golf in 1998.

5. I love to play guitar and write music at home in a small home studio.

6. I've had 2 hole in ones, both we're while playing with my son in MB.

7. not something I share a ton about, but yesterday I celebrated 27 years sober, I am unable to drink responsibly.

Love this and it gives a lot of insight to the screen names I see all the time. Me?

1. Met my wife of 24 years through the mail. That's right, the mail, no Internet. We were pen pals and she wrote speeches for the governor of FL. I was overseas and we basically fell in love through the written word.

2. Born in Brooklyn, NY and lived in Buffalo till I was 7. Moved to Tn and got "Southernized".

3. My brother and I are three years apart, but people think we are twins.

4. Every member of my unit was killed except 2 guys in the BLT bombing in Beirut in 1983. We got there about 12 hours later and dug out the bodies. Changed me forever.

5. Had 5 full ride scholarships to college for music. Big component was to march in the football band and I didn't want to march, so I joined the Marines instead. I know right?!.......

6. Was certified to dive in 1985. Dove on the U352 in 1986. It's a German U-boat off the coast of NC in about 110'. The dive was way beyond my skill set as a recreational diver at the time. I'm glad I did it and lived, but it was stupid.

7. Was a firearms instructor for a while teaching the Navy and won a case of Scotch from a student by shooting the smiley face like Mel Gibson did in Lethal Weapon on an FBI K5 target from the 15 yard line with a 45. It was more of a straight-line mouth than a smiley face and not nearly as fast as Hollywood Mel, but he paid the bet. Best part was that he was an officer. I love taking money from officers....:act-up:

JM

7. Was a firearms instructor for a while teaching the Navy and won a case of Scotch from a student by shooting the smiley face like Mel Gibson did in Lethal Weapon on an FBI K5 target from the 15 yard line with a 45. It was more of a straight-line mouth than a smiley face and not nearly as fast as Hollywood Mel, but he paid the bet. Best part was that he was an officer. I love taking money from officers....:act-up:

JM

That's badass.

This has been an interesting thread. Here are my 7:

1. I was a hunting guide for the legendary King Ranch in So. TX. The ranch covers 825, 000 acres.

2. Have my captains license from the Coast Guard and I used to be a fishing guide down at South Padre Island before I moved up to the DFW area.

3. Used to DJ at several night clubs. Boy where those good times! I can't go into details on here. Lol.

4. Received my degree in Range and Wildlife management from Texas A&M Kingsville.

5. I am a certified wildlife biologist specializing in big game.

6. Played 1yr of college baseball as a pitcher before I tore my rotator cuff. I was never the same after that. I was really dissapointed as I was throwing 92mph and getting stronger.

7. Used to breed and sell Jack Russell Terriers.

That's badass.

Thanks, but anybody that can shoot will tell you it's not that hard. It's a learned skill. Almost anyone who wants to can learn to do it. Most people are scared of a gun though. It's just a tool. You must respect it, but it won't do anything you don't tell it to.

JM

I know I'm new to this site graduated high school in 2012 still a young in' here it goes.

1) I have Scheuermann's Kyphosis (opposite of scoliosis) played first two years of high school golf with back brace lettered both years no family members golf and never took a real lesson up through high school.

2) Started going to school at Ohio State University for Turfgrass Management, learned several months before that I had pollen and tree allergies not as bad as it seems, but kind of hilarious, going to Kent State University for Business Administration now most likely will graduate in spring of 2016 (dream job would be working in the Titleist Tour Van, but would love to eventually be a Demo day rep at least.

3) Played four years of high school golf with Lynx Parallax irons given to me by my grandparents neighbors, learned to golf hitting balls into their field, carried an average of 40 my senior year.

4) I have experience with many types of construction equipment and mowers as my grandfathers main hobby is fixing machines he gets at auctions and reselling them. My favorite would be the Toro 580 D essentially a rough mower with a 16 foot cut I believe.

5) Never been on a date or attended anything other than a birthday party. The date thing I'm working on, but as for partying I was raised in a strict Baptist household (Still not allowed to watch R rated movies my mom says "Not while your living under my roof", but went with my youth pastor to see one. Big rebels I know lol.

6) Love The Big Bang Theory, Raj is my favorite. (Although I believe in intelligent design) and my other favorite non-golf show is Duck Dynasty watched it since the Series Premiere of season 1, I love Jep and Phil's wise words of wisdom.

7)I have never received a B or lower in English even taking honors english in high school and english and writing in college yet I probably buchered so much punctuation and have many of my trade mark run-ons in this post.

If you got to this point thanks for reading.

Thanks, but anybody that can shoot will tell you it's not that hard. It's a learned skill. Almost anyone who wants to can learn to do it. Most people are scared of a gun though. It's just a tool. You must respect it, but it won't do anything you don't tell it to.

JM

I can do it with an AR15 from 40 yards.. a handgun on the other hand, yeah right. I suck with handguns..

Enjoyable read. Lots of new faces grace the forum every month and I like getting a little glimpse.

1. Found out we were having our daughter (2nd child) on Father's Day 2012. I call her my Outing baby. 2012 outing was in May, and I came home with one thing on my mind :devil:

2. I got the THP Staff Writer gig three years ago on November 10, 2010. We had to apply by writing a review of a club. I was right around a 30 hcp at the time and found out while I was playing golf. True testament that all golfers are welcome at THP.

3. I was a professional chef until switching careers completely in 2005.

4. Lived and worked in Yellowstone National Park and Livingston, MT for a chunk of my late teens and early 20's.

5. My hobbies before golf were waterfowl hunting and fly fishing. Living out west allowed me to fish some great places. Something I'll always remember fondly.

6. I was a huge hippy and basically a no-gooder up until my mid 20's.

7. When I met Erica, we both sort of hated each other. Really, we didn't get along at all for a couple years, though we knew each other. One day I backed her up against a wall and kissed her and the rest is history. Best woman I could have ever asked for and I'm glad things turned out the way they did.

JM

I'm practical with a pistol, I could do center mass if s*** hit the fan. I'm proficient with a shotgun and various rifles. The case of whiskey was the selling point :)

Back