So, for a little update, I did get a response from Callaway today. They told me to call them, because they wanted to discuss this issue with me. After explaining everything to the rep on the phone, he said that "Unfortunately, or, maybe not unfortunately, we don't carry the Ft-5 anymore. The only thing I can do for you is to exchange this out with a new Razr Fit." I guess I sounded really excited on the phone because he then said that yeah, he didn't think I'd be too disappointed in that. I really like Callaway equipment, but could never afford it unless it was on some sort of very serious sale. Now, they have a customer for life, after they treated me like this. Just thought I'd pass on this little update. Thanks for all of the input everyone.

wow that is sure lucky!!! Enjoy the new driver!

Aha I hate to say it but I told you so hahaha.

I'm very happy for you, Callaway has some amazing customer service, and they've won a customer for life!

So, for a little update, I did get a response from Callaway today. They told me to call them, because they wanted to discuss this issue with me. After explaining everything to the rep on the phone, he said that "Unfortunately, or, maybe not unfortunately, we don't carry the Ft-5 anymore. The only thing I can do for you is to exchange this out with a new Razr Fit." I guess I sounded really excited on the phone because he then said that yeah, he didn't think I'd be too disappointed in that. I really like Callaway equipment, but could never afford it unless it was on some sort of very serious sale. Now, they have a customer for life, after they treated me like this. Just thought I'd pass on this little update. Thanks for all of the input everyone.

Well done to Callaway, glad to see some good customer service and a customer who appreciated, but doesnt expect a nice gesture.

Great Customer Service from both Callaway and TM. Just great!

What a score. Callaways CS is second to none.

Awesome to hear. They're a great company.

Great story, good for you and them. great customer service from a great company.

I had two FT-5 driver heads crack on me just a bit further back from where yours did. The Callaway customer service department took great care of me also.

Thanks everyone. I am also thankful they stood by it. Now I'm looking into getting me some irons, but, thinking of going the preowned route through Callaway. Been looking at x-20 and x-22 tours, maybe Razr Tours. Not sure yet, but after this, I will look at Callaway first before I look at others. Now the waiting begins, which is going to drive me crazy. Hopefully it will arrive in enough time that my brothers and I can get out over the weekend.

Thanks everyone. I am also thankful they stood by it. Now I'm looking into getting me some irons, but, thinking of going the preowned route through Callaway. Been looking at x-20 and x-22 tours, maybe Razr Tours. Not sure yet, but after this, I will look at Callaway first before I look at others. Now the waiting begins, which is going to drive me crazy. Hopefully it will arrive in enough time that my brothers and I can get out over the weekend.

there are some great threads out there about callaway equipment from the last 2 morgan cups, they are worth a look.

when can you expect your driver?

there are some great threads out there about callaway equipment from the last 2 morgan cups, they are worth a look.

when can you expect your driver?

Yeah, I've been trying to sift through them all. My bigger problem is that I just can't play most of the irons that are out there. The looks drive me crazy, but, I already get the ball in the air easy enough, so they just sky it for me. So it's going to be a long process since I won't really be able to demo anything that I'm looking at.

As far as when to expect, not sure. it's supposed to ship out today at some point. Hoping I get a tracking number for it.

Yeah, I've been trying to sift through them all. My bigger problem is that I just can't play most of the irons that are out there. The looks drive me crazy, but, I already get the ball in the air easy enough, so they just sky it for me. So it's going to be a long process since I won't really be able to demo anything that I'm looking at.

As far as when to expect, not sure. it's supposed to ship out today at some point. Hoping I get a tracking number for it.

yeah man, if you can hit your irons well, no point on changing haha. Why not go to a local dicks, and hit all the callaway irons to see how they look on a launch monitor?

I've considered that. I've never beent hrough a fitting of anything, and don't even know what my swing speeds are for any club in my bag. I just know that I like how they feel and that when I hit them bad, it was a bad swing. Guess it might be time to step up to the 20th century.

I've considered that. I've never beent hrough a fitting of anything, and don't even know what my swing speeds are for any club in my bag. I just know that I like how they feel and that when I hit them bad, it was a bad swing. Guess it might be time to step up to the 20th century.

Fittings are really good, and even something as simple as hitting clubs in a launch monitor can really help you by narrowing your list down to clubs that you know you'll hit well.

Fittings are really good, and even something as simple as hitting clubs in a launch monitor can really help you by narrowing your list down to clubs that you know you'll hit well.

I've been wanting to do that for a while, but since I haven't been in the market to purchase anything for quite a while, I haven't seen the need to. I was in Edwin Watts a couple of months ago and one of the reps there told me to bring in my current irons when I come looking, and we can run side by side numbers to see if there is anynthing out there that I like better that also give me better numbers. Just need to find the time and money to do that. One of the reasons I'm looking used, cost. But if I can find somehting that I like that wouldn't require much customizing, then I could probably find it on Cally pre owned and save a little bit there.

November is such a great month to get demo clubs. You can usually get a new model, maybe slightly used, and the store will offer you all the warrantees and fittings you'd normally get. I'd check this route out before anything else.

November is such a great month to get demo clubs. You can usually get a new model, maybe slightly used, and the store will offer you all the warrantees and fittings you'd normally get. I'd check this route out before anything else.

I never even thought of that. I usually start checking out the sales after Christmas, especially for balls. I guess I will have to go to Watts and/or Dick's to see what they have.

Early November is best, but there's probably still some stuff around. Check it out, and ask specifically for the demos. They want to flush it them out before Christmas sales go into high gear.

Thanks! Gonna have to look into that if I get a chance to even get out this week.

When you are demoing, make sure you understand the specs of the club you are bringing (loft and shaft length) versus the clubs you are demoing. Lofts have gotten consistently stronger and shaft lengths longer. Today's 6 iron is effectively the same specs as yesterday's 5 irons. You'll think you're hitting it 10 yards further and the technology is way better, but you're really just a club up.

Having said that, I'd check out the Diablo Edges. I've gamed about 6 sets of traditional irons in the past year and these were the best. In steel, the shaft lengths are still managable, and the ball just has a great sound when well hit. You'll save some $$$ over the Razr line as well (and I'm not convinced that the regular Razr X is really all that different).

Callaway makes great irons, particularly when the price is factored in. I think you'll be really happy with them.

When you are demoing, make sure you understand the specs of the club you are bringing (loft and shaft length) versus the clubs you are demoing. Lofts have gotten consistently stronger and shaft lengths longer. Today's 6 iron is effectively the same specs as yesterday's 5 irons. You'll think you're hitting it 10 yards further and the technology is way better, but you're really just a club up.

Having said that, I'd check out the Diablo Edges. I've gamed about 6 sets of traditional irons in the past year and these were the best. In steel, the shaft lengths are still managable, and the ball just has a great sound when well hit. You'll save some $$$ over the Razr line as well (and I'm not convinced that the regular Razr X is really all that different).

Callaway makes great irons, particularly when the price is factored in. I think you'll be really happy with them.

This is the part that I am having trouble with. I still game a 3 iron and love it. About 205 nice and straight. But all these new sets come with 4 irons whose lofts are stronger than my 3 iron, but the PW is a 45 and then they throw in a gap wedge at 50. Really? My pw is 47, and I go to a 52 gap. By going with modern lofts, it blows my whole wedge set up right out the window, and I am very particular about that set up. That is one of the reasons that I haven't been looking at the newer sets, and gravitating toward some of the older sets.

This is the part that I am having trouble with. I still game a 3 iron and love it. About 205 nice and straight. But all these new sets come with 4 irons whose lofts are stronger than my 3 iron, but the PW is a 45 and then they throw in a gap wedge at 50. Really? My pw is 47, and I go to a 52 gap. By going with modern lofts, it blows my whole wedge set up right out the window, and I am very particular about that set up. That is one of the reasons that I haven't been looking at the newer sets, and gravitating toward some of the older sets.

It sounds like you know, which is great. A lot of people don't and are surprised and/or tricked. They'll bring their 6 iron, then get handed a "6" iron (which is really a 5 iron) and they'll hit it better. They never get up in the 4/3 cut off point and figure it out until after the purchase.

I think the X22s are good clubs and have a friend who plays them quite impressively. I think the Diablo Edges are built off of those.

You might also want to check out the Callaway Big Berth 2008s. I had a set in IBrids and I'm still not convinced that I've ever hit a better 4 iron (though the 3 was worthless to me between the shaft length and loft). Neither set had that sweet sound of the Diablos though.

A set that I have always had my eyes on are the Callaway FT irons. They have less aggressive lofts and were packed with technology. They were the most expensive irons Callaway made (until this year's high end ones). They had the plastic back/inserts which really help the sound and eliminate the shock on mishits. What's always held me back is that I've read varying reviews about what skill level they're actually aimed at. Some (including Maltby) say these are some of the easiest irons ever made to hit (easier than most SGI irons including the ones from Callaway). Other reviews look just at the width of the sole and say they're aimed at mid-handicappers. I've never quite had the guts to pull the trigger. The IBRID set is very, very intriguing though it is a bit pricier.

Happy hunting! Half the fun is the search!

Yeah, I assumed wrong and mispurchased my wedges. Had to have one bent, but wouldda rather have known then.

Back