Forum Testing Signup - TaylorMade Pre-Release Golf Ball

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

The Ball
This is a new golf ball that TaylorMade will be coming out with soon respectively called Project 5 as of now. Getting rave reviews internally and we want to hear what THPers have to say about them.

Criteria

You must be able to play golf currently.
Multiple Forum Members will be selected to participate.
If selected, shipping is free for Albatross Club members only.
If you are not a member & would like to become one, click here.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the new balls out (minimum of once per week) and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. You must be on the forum to answer questions throughout the testing period as well as review the balls thoroughly.

This is long term testing and will need updates for a period of a couple of months. If you are looking for info on what forum testing feedback should look like, check out the forum testing example thread here.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please answer both of these questions in detail.

1. What ball(s) do you currently play?
2. What do you look for in a golf ball?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Newsletter
If you sign up for the free THP Digital Newsletter that hits your inbox each month, you could find out about testing before anybody else. You can sign up by clicking on the Newsletter tab at the top of the page.

Testers
Here are the 8 THPers selected to test this new Project 5 golf ball.

ATLGolfer
Schanker
jank1434
RoundersRob
cpljohnst
mightyquinn
Intimidator2007
War Eagle

Last edited by a moderator:
oh man Id love to do some golf ball testing, thanks TM and THP for this chance. Unfortunately due to the weather definitely cant meet the requirements, good luck to everyone though

I am reluctant to sign up for this due to the winter months up here. If it was a club, i could sim it but don't think that would accomplish much with a ball.

Love testing like this where the testers formulate their own thoughts without knowing info or having the marketing.

Drat, this is the downside to living in a part of the country that has four seasons so I'm out.

I'm very interested in the results, however!

Ken

Thank you THP and TaylorMade for the awesome opportunity. Golf ball testing is absolutely awesome. Like others, my golf season is pretty much over so I cannot participate.

Very neat opportunity. I have not had much experience with TM balls, but I have played the TP5 and really enjoyed it.

Here's my humble submission:

1. What ball(s) do you currently play? Varies, but typically a Bridgestone B330 or B330s
2. What do you look for in a golf ball? Feel on all clubs; ability to spin and control ball around greens; distance is somewhat a factor

I am interested in testing!
1. I currently play the Bridgestone E6
2. I believe that my control of the tee issues are going to continue improving with my lessons so I am starting to look for a ball with more control around the greens that still feels soft.

I have had the opportunity to test balls in the past and always look forward to these opportunities. Through "forum testing" I have moved from ProV1 to B300RXS.

So, what balls do I play? I prefer the Bridgestone RXS but still have a few ProV1s so I play them too.

I want maximum spin and soft feel. I like added distance but my main concern is control around the greens.

Thanks for another great opportunity, THP and TaylorMade

Sadly the UK is not the best place to test these, during yesterday's round I had two balls that buried themselves an inch or more due to the waterlogged course! And that is before Winter kicks in! I will be very interested to see the feedback though, having just switched to TM irons and putter I will be keen to see what they do to the golf ball market!

This is great! Thanks Taylor Made and THP!

1. What ball(s) do you currently play? Callaway Hex Tour and Black, Bridgestone B330S, Titleist Pro V and Taylor Made TP5. All of them in rotation right now.

2. What do you look for in a golf ball? Birdies!!!! But distance off the tee and some spin around the greens. I produce a lot of spin on my wedges so not looking for the high end in spin but not looking for no spin either. Also looking for a ball that does not scuff up after a few holes of playing.

Thanks again THP and Taylor Made!

No experience with Taylormade balls. I'll play in 40* weather so I'm good for another month at least.

1. Currently play ProV1, Bstone 330, Wilson FG Tour.
2. Soft yet solid feel, spin on half shots, pitches, chips, muted click on putts.

I currently play E6s and DUOs.
I prefer something that holds a green like a fat kid holds on to an ice cream sandwich, but also something that limits spin off the driver.

Whoo-hoo! I love these testing opportunities.

Current Ball: Srixon Z-Star SL, Bridgestone B330-RX
What I want from a ball: I like for a ball that has a good feel off of all clubs, firm yet not overly hard. I don't concern myself with a ball being super spinny around the green as that can be adjusted for.

It's getting cold here and the snow will soon be falling, but I'll bite and throw my hat in the ring.

1. What ball(s) do you currently play? - I have been switching a little back and forth the past few months. Mostly played the TM Penta TP5 this year. I will also game a Srixon Z-Star from time to time, as well as the Bridgestone B330RX.

2. What do you look for in a golf ball? - I like a soft feeling ball, without being too mushy feeling, especially off the driver. Spin is not a huge deal with me, but I would like some stopping power around the greens. Something durable. Spending $40-50 for a dozen golf balls, if you only going to get a few holes out of a ball SUCKS!

Thanks for the opportunity THP and TaylorMade!

Awesome opportunity, thanks Taylormade and THP!

I often play the Top Flite Gamer V2, but will now be playing the Bridgestone B330-S for the foreseeable future.

I look first and foremost for performance around the green in terms of spin and feel. After that I look into distance off all clubs and accuracy off the tee. Lastly is "feel" off all clubs because I think that's a very iffy thing to judge.

Cool!

I don't have a particular golf ball brand, but the golf balls that I play most would be the Callaway Hex Blacks and the Srixon Z-star XV. I feel that these golf balls have a nice balance of spin and distance provided, yet I find that I have a good idea of what to expect from them around the greens.

I definitely value a "softer" golf ball; a ball that gives me more control around the greens I feel is a bit more reliable and helpful than a ball that will get you a few more yards off the tee. I am not a great driver of the golf ball, so I find that most of my strokes are made up around the greens. If a ball takes off like a rocket and also is quite hard to get some check up on, I leave myself with 8-10 foot putts all day. And that never turns out well. I'd love to have the perfect blend of distance and softness, but the softer ball wins out for me 9 times out of 10.

Thanks THP and Taylormade for yet another testing opportunity!

Last edited:
Heard some good things about this ball.

1. What ball(s) do you currently play? Bridgestone e6 or Srixon Z-Star
2. What do you look for in a golf ball? It really changes with conditions and how I feel. Anything from distance, spin, straightness, and feel.

1. What ball(s) do you currently play? I prefer to play titleist prov1x, but sometimes play nike pd longs.
2. What do you look for in a golf ball? Not rock solid, but not too soft. On the heavier side. straight as possible, as little spin as possible. lots of roll.

Last edited:
Stupid Indiana weather! Will definitely enjoy following along, I think Taylormade has a winner with their Penta line, thanks Taylormade and THP for another great testing opportunity for the members!

Can't participate b/c all our courses are closed, and while I could go to my course and hit it anyway for a few weeks, it's wouldn't be a good reviews besides feel and comparison to my B330s and Zstars so I'll abstain. Curious to see reviews though; besides the new Zstars this ball is getting the 2nd most hype that I've seen.

I'd love to test the new Taylormade golf ball. I just reviewed the Titleist ProV1 and I'm curious how the new Penta stacks up.

1. I currently play the Titleist ProV1 golf ball.

2. I look for a ball that performs tee to green that is very durable.

I guess this time of year is when it pays to be a Californian. Weather should be of minimal concern, main issue being a little rain here and there. Thanks to THP and TaylorMade for the consideration.

1. Currently I play the Callaway HEX Black and enjoy it immensely. Earlier in the year I played the Qstar, e5, e6, HEX Chrome and the occasional ProV. The Black has been my favorite to date, I love all things about it.

2. In a ball I look for a few things. I prefer low spin off my driver to help me keep things in play. I am not a long hitter so help with distance is appreciated. My game requires some accurate wedge work and I like a ball that will check hard on a low flighted wedge. Feel across the board is important and durability is imperative.

1. What ball(s) do you currently play? Current gamer is the Callaway HEX Black havn't taken them out of the bag since the Morgan Cup.

2. What do you look for in a golf ball? Considering i'm using the HEX Blacks i would be looking for something similar. Long and low spin off the tee but spins more around the green.

Huge thanks to THP and TaylorMade for sponsoring this opportunity

Thanks for the opportunity to test these balls.

1. I currently play the Bridgestone Tour B330
2. I want a ball that gives me decent distance off the tee and has some spin, but not too much. Distance off the tee is the primary goal, but I don't want to have to hit a rock hard ball to get that distance.

1. Bridgestone pink 330rx mainly but I have all-sorts to compare the project 5 with.
2. Because I can stop a ball pretty quickly I look for distance out of a ball to compare with more spin from a ball, that's why I game the rx and not the rxs

Back