Forum Testing Signup - TaylorMade Pre-Release Golf Ball

I really want to sign up but the truth is cold/wet weather would limit effectiveness of testing. So I will pass. Congratulations in advance to everyone who is selected.

What an Awesome item to get to test.

1. What ball(s) do you currently play? Currently I play the ProV1x or Tour D
2. What do you look for in a golf ball? Low spin off the driver, and consistent spin on the greens. I'm not one to try and back the ball up 4 yards but I want to know it will stop when I want it too. I'm not picky on "feel", just get me the right spin numbers; that's all I need to see from the golf ball. Easier said then done though.

Arkansas here. The weather is fine to golf!

1. What ball(s) do you currently play? primary: NXT Tour, secondary: Titleist Pro-V1
2. What do you look for in a golf ball? Soft feel for irons and putting, decent spin and durability, hitting straight is more important than working the ball.

I would love to be a part of this but winter is coming.

1. What ball(s) do you currently play? Prov1 and ProV1x
2. What do you look for in a golf ball? soft Feel on irons & putter; ability to spin and control ball around greens; distance/accuracy off drives/low spin

The dream for the ball to always go where I imagine it should go.

Thanks for the opportunity to out my name forward. I'm new here, but active and golf a boatload. Would love to try this (incidentally, I love the name Project 5 ... They should keep it)

1. What ball(s) do you currently play? Mostly TaylorMade Penta5s, but occasionally Prov1s and Callaway Tour i(s)

2. What do you look for in a golf ball? 1) Control and feel when chipping and flopping shots. 2) control and spin when using wedge and low irons. Frankly, at my skill level, I can't feel much difference off the tee and find some cheap balls are longer than good ones off the tee ... but then fail to hold a green on the approach or bite when chipping. 3.) soft feel when putting. Very soft.

As a long time fan of TM golf balls I would love to test these out and despite what many believe Colorado (especially Colorado Sorings) is a year round golf state.

1. I currently play the Callaway Hex Black tours.
2. I need my golf balls to fly well in windy conditions, length and accuracy off the tee, spin control on approach shots and around the green and to have a soft, responsive feel on and around the greens. Is that too much to ask :)

1. What ball(s) do you currently play? I currently alternate between a Titleist ProV1x and the Bridgestone B330
2. What do you look for in a golf ball? I look more for feel then anything else. The feeling that I can do whatever I want with the ball in the air, yet it still feels hot on the face. Also, the feel with my wedges that I can get the ball up in the air and be able to spin. Feel is the key word.

Thank you :thp: and :taylormade: for this awesome opportunity!!!

Loving the pre-release testing! I did this last year and it was a really interesting process.

1. What ball(s) do you currently play? Callaway HX Diablo Tour or Top-Flite Gamer v2
2. What do you look for in a golf ball? I look for something that's at least a little forgiving off the tee. Enough spin to hit & sit on full scoring iron shots. Check around the green is a bonus, but I'm ok if there isn't a ton.

Thanks to THP and Taylormade for this opportunity....ball testing is always fun.

1. What ball(s) do you currently play? Callaway Hex Black Tour or Bridgestone B300-RX

2. What do you look for in a golf ball? Good feel of the club, good dispertion with the driver, distance, and greenside control...the ability to make the ball check up when needed

I'll toss my hat in the ring since we have year round golf out here.

Currently play the Hex Black.

Most important factor for a golf ball for me is feel. I don't want to hit rocks but too soft is no good either. Good performance off wedges and short irons is also important. To a lesser degree, performance in the wind.

I finally get to toss my hat in the ring for some testing opportunities since school is just about done.

1. What ball(s) do you currently play? I used the Titleist NXT and NXT Tour balls for a long time. Then I pick up a couple dozen Pro V1s on the cheap and have been using those for the past few months.

2. What do you look for in a golf ball? I don't know a lot about golf balls and am learning with each round what I tend to gravitate towards. Feel is a big thing for me, especially around the greens. I HATE a ball that feels like a rock when I hit it. Also, I want a ball that performs consistently around the greens. Being a mid to high capper that misses more greens that I hit, I use my wedges a lot around the greens and I want a ball that gives me enough spin to hop and stop and not too much spin that it grabs or too little spin and causes the ball the run. Also, I want a ball with decent distance and not too much driver spin. I would say, in order, it is feel, consistency in performance and distance for me.

Thanks THP and Taylormade for another great testing opportunity for the members here at THP!

How cool, pre-release brought to you by THP again, AWESOME!!!

1. What ball(s) do you currently play? A mixture of Bridgestone B330, Titleist Pro V1 and anything else I find on the course!
2. What do you look for in a golf ball? Durability, accuracy, distance and feel(spin)

Good luck to everyone selected, i really can't sign up either due to the limited golf in the winter plus i'm inbetween balls myself.

This is an awesome thing from THP and TM. I love my TM products but have had a love/hate relationship with their balls. I really am hoping they get on track that way I can put TM all the way through the bag.

1. What ball(s) do you currently play?
Played several balls but have the ProV1 in the bag right now.

2. What do you look for in a golf ball?
I look for a ball that is forgiving off the tee but gives me enough stopping power that it wont roll out and off if I fire at the pin. It also needs to be durable and not be junk after one good full wedge shot.

I would love to get in on this, I am currently gaming and loving the TP3 but alas the season is winding down quickly, stupid winter.

Awesome opportunity thanks THP and Taylormade!

Unfortunately with the time change and the weather getting colder, I barely get out to play anymore.

Dang shoulder surgery keeps me out of this one....ARGH !
But...rehabbing well, so that's good.

Really looking forward to hearing opinions on this ball.

Having been an avid penta player, I look forward to the reviews on this project. TaylorMade intrigues me with their ball offerings, and consistent change.

I'm in the same situation. As soon as spring rolls around I'll be all over testing opportunities like this.
oh man Id love to do some golf ball testing, thanks TM and THP for this chance. Unfortunately due to the weather definitely cant meet the requirements, good luck to everyone though

Would love to sign up but like some guys have said, winter is coming and I would hate to get these and not be able to meet the requirements. Stupid Indiana. Need to move somewhere warm....haha

Thanks to TM and THP for another great testing opportunity! Having had the opportunity to test golf balls in the past, it has always been one that is fun to do and fun to follow along with!

1. What ball(s) do you currently play? I currently play the Bridgestone B330-RX
2. What do you look for in a golf ball? More than anything else in a golf ball, I look for how it will preform on shots from 150 yards and in. How does it feel and react on full shots with my irons and wedges, as well as what the performance is for my greenside game with it. Add to that adequate distance off the tee, and that makes up my priorities when looking at a ball to fit my game.

Super testing chance, but I've got to pass on this due the winter. Excited to read the review when the time comes!

I am very interested.

1- I play the PROV1 golf ball. It just works for me off the tee and especially around the greens.
2- I want my ball to have a soft feel, distance off the tee, and superior control around greens. The only thing I don't like about the PROV1 is the durability. Nothing bugs me more than spending almost 5 bucks a ball and only being able to use it 1 round.

Good luck to everyone!

Outside of being at the mercy of weather in the bay area, I'm always glad I live in California (for golf ... otherwise, we've become pretty much ungovernable).

1. What ball(s) do you currently play? Bridgestone e6.
2. What do you look for in a golf ball? Responsiveness to my telepathy, otherwise, lower spin off the driver, good spin off scoring clubs and a good feel around the greens/putting.

Back