Thanksgiving 2012 thread

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Today we bought the bird (23 pounder!), the stuffing mix, potatoes, the ingredients for the green bean casserole, yams, pearl onions (for caramelized onions) and more stuff I can't remember. This year the people we drove to North Carolina to see are coming here. The year before that we met in Memphis for turkey day. Hopefully we will be able to play a round or two while they are here.

What everyone's plans this year?

GG cooks for us. She cooks a special meal that is truly outstanding. I cannot wait. It gives me great joy to see her happy and surprisingly enough, few things make her as happy as cooking that meal each year.

Kelly and I will eat dinner with my Dad and my Step Mom. We usually have a nice dinner there, with Kelly, I, Dad, Patty, and my Grandmother Jenny. After that, we will usually head out to her parents for some dessert and coffee that evening. Luckily, very little travel is involved, so that is nice.

Today we bought the bird (23 pounder!), the stuffing mix, potatoes, the ingredients for the green bean casserole, yams, pearl onions (for caramelized onions) and more stuff I can't remember. This year the people we drove to North Carolina to see are coming here. The year before that we met in Memphis for turkey day. Hopefully we will be able to play a round or two while they are here.

What everyone's plans this year?

23? Wow.. big one. How many people for that one?

GG cooks for us. She cooks a special meal that is truly outstanding. I cannot wait. It gives me great joy to see her happy and surprisingly enough, few things make her as happy as cooking that meal each year.

And here is a picture of that outstanding meal:

Spoiler
mcrib.jpg

The boring part is we are going to Tulsa to stay with my sister and brother in law.

The exciting part is JMan is setting up a personal demo day for me with all his gear and than we are going to get a round in. Is it okay that I am more excited for that? :D

And here is a picture of that outstanding meal:

Spoiler
mcrib.jpg

Not exactly dude. Morgan is actually an excellent cook and does Thanksgiving incredibly well.

Not exactly dude. Morgan is actually an excellent cook and does Thanksgiving incredibly well.

i am sure she is and I am equally sure what ever she makes will be a wonderful meal. Enjoy!

We're going to the Keys to chill for a few days, Veg by the pool and stare at the pretty blue water.

Peanut oil prices are up this year but I'll still be doing my usual Deep fried Turkeys for my best buds. Picked up a half dozen 18 pounder's the other day. After that's done and out of the way I'm all in for some kick arse Thai Food with close friends from my local Thai Temple. I'm sure planning will be in the talk for a trip in the summer of 2014.

Amy is American so this is Thanksgiving number 2 for us. hahaha. We will tag team it in the kitchen as we both like to cook but were not sure what were going to do for the meal. I do know that I took a couple of day's off work next week. Going to be great for sure. Enjoy everyone and don't drink and drive please.

Well depending on how everything goes this year, I'll probably be driving to Fort Worth TX to meet with my sister, brother in law, and my brother. I plan to play some golf if I make it out, but it doesn't look like we'll be going yet

Well depending on how everything goes this year, I'll probably be driving to Fort Worth TX to meet with my sister, brother in law, and my brother. I plan to play some golf if I make it out, but it doesn't look like we'll be going yet

Drive up to Tulsa and meet me and JMan

Heading out to San Diego to see the grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins for the first time in years

Well the breakfast is usually the big meal for us on Thanksgiving. My mom will start cooking around 6 on Thursday morning and will serve breakfast up until about 11. My mom will cook about 15 dozen eggs, 15 pounds of grits, 200-300 biscuits, 20 pounds of fresh sausage and about a 25 pound fresh ham. To go along with that will be drinks, orange juice, coffee, tea and milk. We will serve the local rescue squad folks that are on call, some state troopers, co-workers and who ever wants to come. We have served well over 140 people before and had to go out and get more food.

Then for our late lunch/supper we have the traditional meal with mostly just my immediate famlily with a few friends in for good measure.

This is an open invitation for anyone traveling through or that wants to come. You are welcome to join us!!!

Last edited:
Same as Smalls, bought all the fix'ns today. 18lb bird, ham, potatoes, sweet potatoes, rolls, noodles for Mac n chez, cranberry and green beans. Apple and pecan pie for desert

Well the breakfast is usually the big meal for us on Thanksgiving. My mom will start cooking around 6 on Thursday morning and will serve breakfast up until about 11. My mom will cook about 15 dozen eggs, 15 pounds of grits, 200-300 biscuits, 20 pounds of fresh sausage and about a 25 pound fresh ham. To go along with that will be drinks, orange juice, coffee, tea and milk. We will serve the local rescue squad folks that are on call, some state troopers, co-workers and who ever wants to come. We have served well over 140 people before and had to go out and get more food.

Then for our late lunch/supper we have the traditional meal with mostly just my immediate famlily with a few friends in for good measure.

This is an open invitation for anyone traveling through or that wants to come. You are welcome to join us!!!

Wow talk about giving thanks. That is awsome man give her an extra hug.

Since I'll be out of town working this Thanksgiving we will be having it tomorrow afternoon. Nothing over the top, got a 12 lb turkey, and all the usual that goes with it plus my mom will make god knows how many pies.

Just going to be me, my wife and daughter, mom and sister this year. Keeping it small.

I am heading down to OBX for my future family in laws family reunion. Leaving from the DC area in the morning pretty pumped and hopefully get at least 2 rounds in while I am down there. So as this is my first family reunion I am not sure about the details but I can imagine given what I know already about the family there will be a ton of food with all the fixings. So pumped!

I'll be having Thanksgiving with my immediate family and my grandparents. We are doing the smoked turkey this year with all the fixin's.

Then I'll be heading for a black friday round with TBT and Ary. It should be an eventful few days!

freaking working again this year. i miss turkey day i hope someone at one of the firehouses cooks i'd love a decent meal this year. Good news is i'm off in the morning which means i'll be playing in the Turkey Bowl this year. bunch of guys have been playing football thanksgiving morning every year since high school. good times even if we switched to flag football a few years ago to limit the increasing injuries.

Same here buck. Since I don't have any family down here I always volunteer for holidays so others can enjoy the day.

My bro is fire chief back home, they always have a big feast on turkey day. Pull the trucks out of the bays and setup a veritable smorgasboard. Of course the bell always seems to ring around dessert time.

We go to my parents house for dinner and festivities. This is my little girls first thanksgiving and I couldnt be more thankful. Really looking forward to it.

Back