CME Group Titleholders - LPGA

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe this was the first year that the LPGA season finale left Grand Cypress for Twin Eagles in Naples. I thought the course looked really nice. Some extremely tough looking greens and some exciting holes.

Na Yeon Choi capped off a very good year with another win and looked incredibly solid while doing so. I thought Petterson was going to be a factor, but sort of sputtered on the weekend.

Great final round on Sunday too. Bam Bam, NYC and Ai all competing well.

• Staff
It'll be interesting to hear what the ladies thought of the course. There was a lot of love/hate for Grand Cypress due to its difficulty.

Where did my girl Nordqvist end up at? I think I saw in round 2 where she was a couple shots off the lead, but I didn't keep up with it the rest of the way and never saw where she finished.

• Staff
She ended up T7.

NYC won again? I don't follow the LPGA too closely, but it seems like she's won a bunch of times this year and is always in contention. Glad she capped off a strong year.

NYC won again? I don't follow the LPGA too closely, but it seems like she's won a bunch of times this year and is always in contention. Glad she capped off a strong year.

Ironically only 2 wins this year I believe, but she is playing some great golf right now. I expect a big 2013 from her.

• Staff
2 wins this year and 7 top 10's. She earned almost 2 million, putting her 2nd on the money list. Also is now #2 in Rolex rankings.

Definitely a good weekend in a stacked field.

Saw SP drive that short par 4 with her new Covert driver. The announces were talking about it and called it "ruby red".

Saw SP drive that short par 4 with her new Covert driver. The announces were talking about it and called it "ruby red".

Suzanne was the first time I have seen the Covert driver in action. I do have to say, it was pretty eye catching and looked awesome. I'm sure it would sound a lot different when I hit it, compared to Suzanne, but to me it sounded like it had a loud clinky sound to it.

It's hard to tell on TV, but I thought it sounded a little loud as well.

It's hard to tell on TV, but I thought it sounded a little loud as well.

Loud or not, I am pretty sure I saw the drive you are talking about on that short Par 4, and yes, she tagged that thing.

Yea man - that was one hell of a shot.

Ironically only 2 wins this year I believe, but she is playing some great golf right now. I expect a big 2013 from her.

Wow, well it was still a big year from her for sure.

It was a good tourney. I watched some of all the rounds.

Twin Eagles is a fantastic facility, I wishwould have followed this tourny over the weekend. Darnit!

It was pretty impressive on TV. I love that area.

It's something we've thought about for a long time man. The govt has money tied up in our house until 2014 though.

It's something we've thought about for a long time man. The govt has money tied up in our house until 2014 though.

Gotcha man, if and when you do make the jump I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. It's a cool place.

I've got friends that stayed on the hole all day one of the days. That hole is a real mother, heck the first time I played it I thought it was a ridiculously long par 3 lol. This is my quote unqoute home course, love playing there and it sounds like the ladies did as well.

How much do you pay offseason, Danny? Aren't there a couple courses on that property?

Anywhere from $25 to a rack rate of $45. It's a super affordable course for the level of quality you get, a great practice facility and one of the most beautiful clubhouses you'll ever step foot into. They do have 36 holes, the other course host the Champions Tour event in the spring. I've got some reviews somewhere in the review section if you want to see pics.

I thought you did. I'll go hunting. Gotta say I'm a little jealous of you for this.

Back