Building a set of ACER XF Pro irons

Well thanks man, I've never played component irons either, so this will be my first go round with non OEM iron heads. For me, this is going to be a good way to test shafts on the course or on the range. I don't really want to play with my gamer irons shafts all the time, or have one different shaft in my set of irons. This way I will always have a set of heads that I can though a shaft in, and to be honest, I'm also interested in playing these irons for some time and seeing what they can do.

Here is a question though for everyone, the iron heads have some black and red in them, and the FST Pro 115 shaft has blue in it, so, should I go with red, or blue VDR's on these bad boys as I will be buying them today. I'm leaning blue as those are my favorite colour of VDR's.

I've got red grips on the Pro 125, and they look really good IMO. Just a heads up, they do play softer to flex. Other than that, I find them to be as advertised. They feel smooth and you can feel em kick through the ball. I've got them in Burner 2.0's and they fly a bit higher in that combo than the DG and A4 combo I had before, but that's probably more head than shaft in this case. I'm sure you'll like em. I played component wedges last year (Snake Eyes) and I'll easily go back to them if the Mizuno's act up. Good luck in the project CB, it's a lot of fun!

They have Lamkin 3gen grips on sale for 2.75

Paintfill blemish on the LAMKIN... Id jump if my grips werent still brand new.

I just picked up my Blue VDR grips for these irons, and some other club building stuff I have run out of. While I was at my supplier I see that they have the FST shafts for the same price as the online retailers, and they would match the price anyway. I guess I will be buying from there from now on.

Neat little project, Breezy! Have fun with it. I'm really curious about how the shaft-cutting process works. Looking forward to following along and learning.

Neat little project, Breezy! Have fun with it. I'm really curious about how the shaft-cutting process works. Looking forward to following along and learning.
Thanks buddy, everything should be here by friday at the earliest, monday at the latest so I'm hoping to get these in play by next wednesday for Men's night.

This will be a great one to follow and see how the acers compare with higher priced bramds and advertising.

I see you will pair them with FST shafts, did you also consider Apollo shafts?

I want the Caimans, 3-LW. Now.

EDIT: Nah, I can stop at SW..

I agreed with that enough to order a couple to test. I'll let you know how they go whenever they show up.

I cant wait Breeze to see what your thoughts are. Especially those shafts. This should be fun to follow.

I'm realty liking this thread CB. I'm curious to see how they turn out.

So what's your forum name over on FreeGolfInfo.com?

Kevin

LOL....Breezey, I can't wait for you to get this gear in and get to crackin'

LOL....Breezey, I can't wait for you to get this gear in and get to crackin'
Me either man, I have everything ready to go to make them, I just need the gear to get here. Shipping to Canada sucks, but they should be all complete by this time next week. The blue VDR's sure are nice looking.

My lawyer will be in touch.

I bet these turn out well. I'd put Tour Wraps on them, though.

Kevin
Thanks buddy, I love the feel of these Tour Wraps but when you live where I do they are no bueno.

YOu love the Blue VDR's! It's good to have a grip you love. I hate that I love Tour Velvets. How boring. Although check these out:

http://www.golfpride.com/Grips/Default.aspx?cat=cord&grip=tourvelvetbct

I might give these a whirl.
Saw those today at my wholesaler, I can probably get you a pretty good price on those if you want me to check it out. I don't know why I love the VDR's so much, but whenever I try a new grip I just come away dissapointed and then just end up cutting it off and putting a VDR back on. Plus I know exactly how much tape I like underneath them, and the colours are cool.

I do like those Tour velvet cords though in White, the club will not slip out of your hands I'll tell you that.

Saw those today at my wholesaler, I can probably get you a pretty good price on those if you want me to check it out. I don't know why I love the VDR's so much, but whenever I try a new grip I just come away dissapointed and then just end up cutting it off and putting a VDR back on. Plus I know exactly how much tape I like underneath them, and the colours are cool.

I do like those Tour velvet cords though in White, the club will not slip out of your hands I'll tell you that.

Yeah dude, let me know what kind of price you can get me. Thanks man!

I wish i had all the gear to build clubs to like you CB.

Have been eyeballing the FST 115 stepless shafts and Dynacraft Prophet CNC forged heads now.. And it's all your fault!

Hope you get the gear soon :)

Good luck with the build CB. This will be fun to follow.
I have a set of KBS Tour shafts Pearl White . Not sure if I want to pull the KBS 90 out to install the Tours.
Time to ponder.

Nice project CB. Gets me thinking too. I've enjoyed messing about with the shafts in the R9 recently, and fitted a couple of wedge heads for myself this season. Would be great to have a set of heads you can use to switch out and test new shafts, and you never know, you might just like those suckas too.

I wish i had all the gear to build clubs to like you CB.

Have been eyeballing the FST 115 stepless shafts and Dynacraft Prophet CNC forged heads now.. And it's all your fault!

Hope you get the gear soon :)

The stepless are nice but so are the stepped. The stepped will hit a bit higher and are a very nice option.

You all got me thinking about building my own irons now. I have millionaire dreams on a ten dollar budget, that's why it won't happen :(

Back