Bridgestone E6 vs. Top Flight Gamer 2

tequila4kapp

Tom Watson called to say “Hi”
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.5
I played my first round of the season today and decided to try both balls, e6 on the front and Gamer2 on the back.

The balls seemed comparable in terms of reducing wayward shots. Winner: draw.

The Gamer seemed to excel around the green. Several times I noticed the ball stopped virtually in its tracks, both from the fairway and with chips and pitches. The e6 wasn't bad, but it tended to roll out a bit. Winner: Gamer2

From the tees my measurable drives with the e6 were 220, 237 and 237. With the Gamer2 it was 240, 255 and 256. The course was really wet so there was zero rollout. The other thing was ball flight. With the e6 it was good but noticeably higher. With the Gamer2 it was more of a driving, penetrating ball flight. Winner: Gamer2

The e6 was a fine ball and I won't not play the rest of the box in my bag. But I'll be looking to buy the Gamer going forward.

They are my "gamer" as well, affordable and perform like a ball 3x it's pricetag. Plenty of greenside spin and distance off the tee. You should check out the BStone B330 line as well.

Based on ball flight, the comparison should really be e7 rather than e6 here. That has lower ball flight and will be the most like it.

I have tried the e6 a few times, don't really care for it at all. For me it doesn't have anywhere near the spin it should have coming into the greens. The best "cheaper" balls around from my experience are the Bridgestone e5 and the TM RBZ.

Based on ball flight, the comparison should really be e7 rather than e6 here. That has lower ball flight and will be the most like it.
What are the e7 benefits? The OP might also want to try out the 330-RX, great ball, spins just enough and feels great off the putter and irons. Very similar feel to the V2 IMHO.

I played my first round of the season today and decided to try both balls, e6 on the front and Gamer2 on the back.

The balls seemed comparable in terms of reducing wayward shots. Winner: draw.

The Gamer seemed to excel around the green. Several times I noticed the ball stopped virtually in its tracks, both from the fairway and with chips and pitches. The e6 wasn't bad, but it tended to roll out a bit. Winner: Gamer2

From the tees my measurable drives with the e6 were 220, 237 and 237. With the Gamer2 it was 240, 255 and 256. The course was really wet so there was zero rollout. The other thing was ball flight. With the e6 it was good but noticeably higher. With the Gamer2 it was more of a driving, penetrating ball flight. Winner: Gamer2

The e6 was a fine ball and I won't not play the rest of the box in my bag. But I'll be looking to buy the Gamer going forward.

Thanks for the review. I have played a few rounds with the e6 but I've never played the Gamer2. I found my right ball through a recent fitting, but I'll give the Gamer2 a go one of these days.

What are the e7 benefits? The OP might also want to try out the 330-RX, great ball, spins just enough and feels great off the putter and irons. Very similar feel to the V2 IMHO.

Multilayer ball that brings the ball flight down a little bit. Similar feel to the V2, but in my opinion, better off the tee (for my game). The RX is a completely different animal in my opinion. That one is a premium ball with a urethane cover compared to the surlyn type cover of the others.

Multilayer ball that brings the ball flight down a little bit. Similar feel to the V2, but in my opinion, better off the tee (for my game). The RX is a completely different animal in my opinion. That one is a premium ball with a urethane cover compared to the surlyn type cover of the others.

Interesting. I play the Gamers right now, but am looking to move to the 330 line after my game improves again, thanks to the testing I was lucky enough to participate in. JB, when you say better off of the tee, are you just talking about ball flight? Regardless I'm now convinced more than ever that I need to do a Bridgestone ball fitting... There's just so much about equipment that I still have to learn. It's easier for me if there's some sort of metrics to show the differences.

I love the Gamer V2. I keep trying other balls, but I keep coming back to it. The performance for the price is unbeatable.

Interesting. I play the Gamers right now, but am looking to move to the 330 line after my game improves again, thanks to the testing I was lucky enough to participate in. JB, when you say better off of the tee, are you just talking about ball flight? Regardless I'm now convinced more than ever that I need to do a Bridgestone ball fitting... There's just so much about equipment that I still have to learn. It's easier for me if there's some sort of metrics to show the differences.

For me it was about launch numbers and compression. You can click the link and do an online fitting for Bridgestone, or check out where they are coming to an area near your.

For me it was about launch numbers and compression. You can click the link and do an online fitting for Bridgestone, or check out where they are coming to an area near your.

Thanks JB. I really liked the RX during the testing. I looked it up and there's a few live fittings coming up near me. I'll try to make it to one to see what the physical results are.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Ball flight was only noticeably different off the driver. Now I wasn't hitting fairway irons worth a damn so my sample size was not particularly large, but there were enough 120 yard and in type shots for me to say they seemed about the same in terms of ball flight on those clubs.

Coming from someone who has been playing the E6 for over a year now, its a very forgiving ball. But you're right it rolls out a lot. I recently made the switch over to the 330rx and have absolutely gotten hooked. JB was right about the ballflight thing though the E7 is designed for a higher flight. The other ball in this category I thought was the closest to these two was the Srixon Soft Feel. They were comparable to the E6 and had better greenside control.

Coming from someone who has been playing the E6 for over a year now, its a very forgiving ball. But you're right it rolls out a lot. I recently made the switch over to the 330rx and have absolutely gotten hooked. JB was right about the ballflight thing though the E7 is designed for a higher flight. The other ball in this category I thought was the closest to these two was the Srixon Soft Feel. They were comparable to the E6 and had better greenside control.

I thought the e7 was a low ball flight ball.

Played TaylorMade Pentas for the last few years. Bought a bunch of Bridgestone RX and started the year with them. Loved the feel off the club and around the greens. Loved playing a yellow ball.

Got a Bridgestone fitting and tested RX against old Penta, Z-Star, B330S. RX was winner off driver according to trackman. Found my ball. Then tested the E-6 and the numbers were crazy good. Longest ball on trackman. Field tests a few days later showed it to be even bigger difference. Played it last weekend in high winds and loved it off the tee. I will need to learn to control extra rollout near the greens. When it warms up, I'll play my RX. For now, I'm playing the E-6 until I loose them all.

Driver SS is 99-103. I am NOT a spin it back with a wedge guy. I like to drop and stop near the mark with irons. E-6 will roll out six feet with full a wedge.

I'm looking at changing my ball now I love the b330 but just looking for something with a smaller price tag. I hit a nice high ball and I like that. So after doing the bridgestone fitting a few times it came out with the E7, E6 and I'm interested in the gamer. So my question is out of the three what is designed to have a higher ball flight?

E6 in my opinion.

E6 in my opinion.
Interested in this JB, what influences ball flight (high, mid, low) and what makes different balls trajectories vary? I like the e6 as well, but don't like the rollout on chips and pitches (and I find myself doing this a lot as I miss a lot of greens). The V2 performs (for me) just as good off the tee and irons as the e6, and better in the short game. Thanks!

Thanks for help.

Interested in this JB, what influences ball flight (high, mid, low) and what makes different balls trajectories vary? I like the e6 as well, but don't like the rollout on chips and pitches (and I find myself doing this a lot as I miss a lot of greens). The V2 performs (for me) just as good off the tee and irons as the e6, and better in the short game. Thanks!

Don't kill me, but some of this might be mental for you as it pertains to chips and pitches, because most of it is technique #1 and then urethane cover #2 and neither of teh balls have that. Compression and dimple pattern control ball height in my opinion as well as spin off the tee.

Don't kill me, but some of this might be mental for you as it pertains to chips and pitches, because most of it is technique #1 and then urethane cover #2 and neither of teh balls have that. Compression and dimple pattern control ball height in my opinion as well as spin off the tee.
Oh i'm sure that a lot of it is. It's probably a matter of both #1 bad technique and #2. I guess I just found a ball that I like at a cheap price and stuck with it last year. Right now for me, price per ball is more of a concern to me and the e6 is about 3x the price of the V2s. I have also found the Wilson FG Tour work quite well for me, for all aspects of my game, played it the past 3 rounds and really like it.

Oh i'm sure that a lot of it is. It's probably a matter of both #1 bad technique and #2. I guess I just found a ball that I like at a cheap price and stuck with it last year. Right now for me, price per ball is more of a concern to me and the e6 is about 3x the price of the V2s. I have also found the Wilson FG Tour work quite well for me, for all aspects of my game, played it the past 3 rounds and really like it.

It is? I thought the V2 was about $20 and the e6 is $25? Is that not right?
On another note, its always nice to find something that works.

It is? I thought the V2 was about $20 and the e6 is $25? Is that not right?
On another note, its always nice to find something that works.
Retail yes, but the V2's were available on ebay for $60 for 72 balls for quite a while and the BStones are harder to find at that price. If price weren't an issue, I would game the RX's or the e6's in a NY minute. I have no problem playing the e6, V2, FG Tour, 330RX as I have found success with them all. I am always trying to find a better ball for me, and I guess we all are.

I've played both, the e6 use to be my go to ball and it definitely helps keeps things a little straighter but its hard to stop it on a green. I have the gamer v2 now as my backup balls for when I am not playing well...which is all the time right now lol. Honestly, I like both but I feel like the e6 kept things straighter for me.

Back