NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
PP for Boston late.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Bruins going on the PP with 3:14 to go in the game, I wonder if they can convert on the PP for the win.

20 seconds into the Blues vs Sharks game and you can already tell, its going to get a little rough. Elliott in net. Halak ruled out.

Anyone else physically scared of Doug Murray? I mean, just his face scares the crap out of me. They should really turn him into a murder character into a movie.

Kesler can be a great player, but until he stops his horse sh!t, he'll never have the respect of anyone.

The crazy thing is, he already made an 'adjustment' last year, which was to stop scrumming after whistles and getting wrapped up in the trash talk and other nonsense. And then he channels that energy into trying WAY too hard to draw penalties by diving and throwing his head back instead of getting the calls just by putting defenders in tough spots and forcing them to mug him. I just don't get it. Love his skills, hate that he's now got such a bad rep for diving.

On Luongo: It's hard to know what to say about this anymore. He played great this year, people still hate on him. Obviously he needs to turn around his reputation for wilting under pressure, and nothing will accomplish that for him other than winning a cup, but a lot of the criticism is unfair. What goalie doesn't let in some bad ones? Our fans here are notoriously hard on goalies. Sure, Schneider has looked even more solid than Lou this year, but put him in for 65 games and he's going to have some rough nights, too.

Washington just tied it up with Boston, not much time left in regulation - go Caps!

Just flipped on Caps-Bruins. This should be fun.

BOOM! Go Bruins!

CAUTION!

This next image may frighten some.

ox281260971930053221.jpg

Awww, I wanted to see some OT action. They could still score though. 6 on 4 for now.

If only there was this many fights in the regular season haha

The Bruins need to put the hammer down in game 4, then come back to Boston and wrap up the series in Game 5.

Bergie nets a PP goal. 3rd of the playoffs. The Big Swede coming up big in beard time. GO BLUES!

Here's my honest opinion on the game yesterday:

A. The Penguins acted completely out of line. I didn't really have a problem with the Neal hit on Couturier but I thought the shot he tried to take on Giroux was dirty. I thought Asham's cross-check was dirty but I also think that Schenn embellished it. A lot. And I think that Schenn is a bit of a punk. His hit was a dirty play. The Penguins went into goon mode and that just doesn't accomplish anything. They have bigger things to worry about than some sort of physical retribution. Plus, I don't ever want to see any player suffer an injury - even a member of the Flyers.

B. Having said that, the Flyers (and their fans) holier-than-thou attitude is disgusting. Please. Give it a rest. Hartnell is a punk. He always has been. He's known for turtling in the past and bit another hockey player. Schenn likes to take shots. Rinaldo is a goon in every sense of the word. The Flyers most celebrated years in franchise history consist of goon hockey. However, no, these Flyers are just innocent bystanders in the way of the dirty, frothing-from-the-mouth schoolyard punks in black and gold. Right.

I don't understand why you are trying to justify or lessen the extent of disgusting play from your team. We all know the Flyers have a history of being 'goons' but what happened a month ago or thirty years ago has nothing to do with yesterdays game. If the Flyers had come out and responded or acted the same way I would say they got what they deserved. In all honestly your team played like the 'goons' you hate so much. Even one of your own sports writers called in to sports talk to discuss how disgusted he was with it.

I don't understand why you are trying to justify or lessen the extent of disgusting play from your team. We all know the Flyers have a history of being 'goons' but what happened a month ago or thirty years ago has nothing to do with yesterdays game. If the Flyers had come out and responded or acted the same way I would say they got what they deserved. In all honestly your team played like the 'goons' you hate so much. Even one of your own sports writers called in to sports talk to discuss how disgusted he was with it.

This is COMPLETELY in retrospect to the first sentence he even wrote about the game: "The Penguins acted completely out of line."

How do you think he's justifying or down-playing it?

When the f*** did Andy McDonald become the marked man on the St. Louis Blues? McDonalds numbers are facing out, skating toward the boards and Burn's cross checks him in the back. How stupid is that? Surprised McDonald didn't break a leg or blow a knee.

What's up. I know little about Hockey. Go Canes!

This is COMPLETELY in retrospect to the first sentence he even wrote about the game: "The Penguins acted completely out of line."

How do you think he's justifying or down-playing it?

Right, so how that post should have gone was. "The Penguins acted completely out of line." The end.

Instead, he went on to talk about how the Flyers are goons. He calls Schenn a punk for a CLEAN hit, christ even the NBC team agreed with that and they are Penguins nut huggers. Then he says Hartnell is a punk, well he didn't really do much out of line.

Right, so how that post should have gone was. "The Penguins acted completely out of line." The end.

Instead, he went on to talk about how the Flyers are goons. He calls Schenn a punk for a CLEAN hit, christ even the NBC team agreed with that and they are Penguins nut huggers. Then he says Hartnell is a punk, well he didn't really do much out of line.

Let's look at this piece by piece:

1. Schenn got a charging penalty for a reason. He left his feet on the hit. It doesn't matter if he left them by an inch or by a mile, he left his feet. Charging is charging.

2. Hartnell IS a punk. He may not have done anything you picked up in this game, but we're talking about him as a player overall. There are plenty of instances, including where he took a chomp out of a Pens player in the playoffs a few years back.

LOL @ the President Obama pictures behind Tim Thomas's net. Very clever. Thomas. What a tool.

I actually said in my post that the Penguins went into goon mode. I even used the word goon to describe their antics.

The Blues are burying the Sharks under an Avalanche of PP goals. 3 for 3 on the night. 5 of 12 on the series. Blues lead 4 to 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back