2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Hey Gray, do you have proper fire protection in your woodshed???

580539_319179534818632_212147665521820_760394_290466676_n.jpg

Ok I have a serious question for anyone from Florida, or heck anyone that knows about the TPC Sawgrass course.

The wife and I are checking out of Grand Cypress, on the Sunday evening. We have a couple extra days in Orlando and I suggested that we go play a different but special course. The Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass. (Island Green FTW!)

We have a couple questions about it:
1) Is it worth it to go play there? We really are thinking about it as a once in a lifetime thing. I couldn't find the price on the TPC site.
2) Google Maps says just over 2 hours to get there. Is that accurate?
3) We are thinking about going on either the Monday May 21st, or Tuesday May 22nd... Anyone else interested in playing if we can get a time? ;)

It would be about a week after the Players Championship is played there, so conditions should be great.

Drive time seems about right. With it being so close to the players championship I'd make sure the course is back open for play.

I checked, and it reopens on May 16th I think. Great timing!

My only concern would be if they are doing any extensive maintenance and how it rebounds from that.

Sounds like a great ending to the trip Belbs, well done for making this outing such a memorable trip for you guys.

Sounds like a great ending to the trip Belbs, well done for making this outing such a memorable trip for you guys.

Not booked yet, we will call them on Monday to see if we can get a time and how much it is. When I find out, I'll post it here.

Team Jones no worries now from me not helping to demolish the competition. One of my friends was telling me how playing with bi-focal lenses was really detrimental to good scoring. Well at least to me, it seriously is!. He is a really good golfer and noticed my head moving trying to keep up with my contact position. I shot a terrible 48 on the front today. I thought what the heck on the back. Took my bi-focal glasses off and shot 38. Not one single fat or topped shot. Every single shot was hit as well as I know how to do it. haha I shoot better half blind :bulgy-eyes:.... My friend mentioned this to me yesterday as he said I was looking very good on my mechanics but something was missing on my focus. Good Lord he was correct. I had lasik surgery a few years back and can still see very good in the distance and still pretty decent from my golf setup. I just can't read without reading glasses or prescription help. Hey a few more rounds playing blind my be the ticket :D

Ole Gray; Hey a few more rounds playing blind my be the ticket :D[/QUOTE said:
Are you sure you were even hitting to the right flag?

thickglasses16D-vi.jpg

Team Jones no worries now from me not helping to demolish the competition. One of my friends was telling me how playing with bi-focal lenses was really detrimental to good scoring. Well at least to me, it seriously is!. He is a really good golfer and noticed my head moving trying to keep up with my contact position. I shot a terrible 48 on the front today. I thought what the heck on the back. Took my bi-focal glasses off and shot 38. Not one single fat or topped shot. Every single shot was hit as well as I know how to do it. haha I shoot better half blind :bulgy-eyes:.... My friend mentioned this to me yesterday as he said I was looking very good on my mechanics but something was missing on my focus. Good Lord he was correct. I had lasik surgery a few years back and can still see very good in the distance and still pretty decent from my golf setup. I just can't read without reading glasses or prescription help. Hey a few more rounds playing blind my be the ticket :D

See Gray, I told you ( see post above) I was not worried about your game.. you'd figure out what the problem was and fix it!! Way to my my friend!!!

Hey Gray, do you have proper fire protection in your woodshed???

580539_319179534818632_212147665521820_760394_290466676_n.jpg

KellyBo would love this fire alarm as she would enjoying eating it after the woodshed went down :D.

Are you sure you were even hitting to the right flag?

thickglasses16D-vi.jpg

Last year while playing the New Course at Grand Cypress I actually hit my ball on purpose to the wrong green :bulgy-eyes:. It was one of those super large double greens and I was playing over a dogleg to what I thought was the proper green. KellyBo got a huge chuckle out of it.

Last edited:
I am in Orlando as I type taking the kids to see the mouse. Man it is some Chamber of Commerce weather here this week.

Won't get over to Grand Cypress this week, but being down here is ratcheting up the anticipation even more. Just a few short weeks to go.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I am in Orlando as I type taking the kids to see the mouse. Man it is some Chamber of Commerce weather here this week.

Won't get over to Grand Cypress this week, but being down here is ratcheting up the anticipation even more. Just a few short weeks to go.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Have fun Donne, I know it is tough being that close and not getting to swing by Grand Cypress, but being with the family watching the kids have fun is more than worth it. Enjoy.

As the Outing and Demo Day is less than a month away, my excitement is increasing. I had some free time on my hands this weekend, so I decided to use Google Earth to create maps of all of the courses at Grand Cypress. The New Course is 18 holes, and the North, South, and East Courses are all 9 holes. The maps that I created have the tees and greens indicated, as well as intended lines of play on every hole. The lines are most important on the New Course, because from above, there are few defining characteristics for some of the holes, as well as multiple double greens on that course. Also, I put the tee icons at the back tees on almost every hole, so don't get nervous about the length of the holes if you use the measuring feature! I thought this would be fun for people to check out if they wanted to get a sense for the layout of the holes. Of course, this also shows the massive size of the 1st fairway at the New Course, so people shouldn't feel nervous about missing that fairway. :wink:

To get these maps on your computer, use the Dropbox links that I've provided below, then they should open in Google Earth. If you have any issues loading them in Google Earth, just let me know.

New Course: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74920753/Grand Cypress New Course.kmz
North Course: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74920753/Grand Cypress North Course.kmz
South Course: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74920753/Grand Cypress South Course.kmz
East Course: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74920753/Grand Cypress East Course.kmz

Belbs I play it every year and will be headed up the week after the tournament for this years round. It is worth the drive and the fee! The week before the event I believe they shut the course down so check.
But you also have the world golf hall of fame in st. Augustine which is closer and has some fine courses and some history to boot. There are outlets and some great food.
There are also some great courses a few hours south, PGA at the reserve, Indian river. Let me know if you need any other info

Thanks for posting that up Ary!

That's how Team Jones prepares!

I am part of the Georgia delegation. Please add me to the Newbie list. I still have to read pages 101 through 179, but is there a sign up list to play Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon? I will see the Mouse in October so I might as well work up a good thirst for the free beers I was promised.

As the Outing and Demo Day is less than a month away, my excitement is increasing. I had some free time on my hands this weekend, so I decided to use Google Earth to create maps of all of the courses at Grand Cypress. The New Course is 18 holes, and the North, South, and East Courses are all 9 holes. The maps that I created have the tees and greens indicated, as well as intended lines of play on every hole. The lines are most important on the New Course, because from above, there are few defining characteristics for some of the holes, as well as multiple double greens on that course. Also, I put the tee icons at the back tees on almost every hole, so don't get nervous about the length of the holes if you use the measuring feature! I thought this would be fun for people to check out if they wanted to get a sense for the layout of the holes. Of course, this also shows the massive size of the 1st fairway at the New Course, so people shouldn't feel nervous about missing that fairway. :wink:

To get these maps on your computer, use the Dropbox links that I've provided below, then they should open in Google Earth. If you have any issues loading them in Google Earth, just let me know.

These are awesome, thanks man!

I am part of the Georgia delegation. Please add me to the Newbie list. I still have to read pages 101 through 179, but is there a sign up list to play Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon? I will see the Mouse in October so I might as well work up a good thirst for the free beers I was promised.

Welcome to the outing SMS. Def catch up on all the banter so you'll know what the heck is going on.

Welcome SMS and you are going to have a blast down at the outing :blob:!

I surely hope it isn't snowing in Orlando like it is here in PA.

Monday morning bump for this post in case people didn't see it last night. Take a tour of the Grand Cypress courses via Google Earth!

I can't open the courses ary, what are you using for a viewer?

Congrats again on getting a spot at the outing, looking forward to meeting you buddy. Are you taking MaryC's place in our villa or are you staying as a single?

I can't open the courses ary, what are you using for a viewer?

Google Earth, you have to download that program if you don't have it on your computer.

Back