The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Nailing the THP 10' putting challenge, I decided to leave the Birdieball set up, and Putted for awhile.

now, I don't have to tonight.

After Nailing the THP 10' putting challenge, I decided to leave the Birdieball set up, and Putted for awhile.

now, I don't have to tonight.

Nice. Already!

After signing up for lessons (finally!) at Riverside Golf Academy, I decided to hit a small bucket of range balls. I forget which thread I saw it in, but I remember someone saying that they started hitting the ball better when they rotated their right hip a bit more in the backswing. Lo and behold, I was hitting my 7i better than I have in quite some time. Now we will see what my instructor says about it tomorrow!

Just got done hitting some balls tonight and felt awesome. Still working on my takeaway and and keeping my head still. Adjusted my grip some by lowering my right hand some and BAM I was hitting them dead center. Couldn't believe it with my six iron and went through all my irons and got same results. Took some face tape out and saw what I was feeling. Love it!!
y8yne2e2.jpg

Lesson #1 is tomorrow. Haven't been this excited for a lesson in quite some time. Hopefully I'm not too hopeless

Wish you the best man. Enjoy it and learn all you can Mike. Is this with a local Pro?
Lesson #1 is tomorrow. Haven't been this excited for a lesson in quite some time. Hopefully I'm not too hopeless

Wish you the best man. Enjoy it and learn all you can Mike. Is this with a local Pro?

Yeah the pro at the course right down the road...will see how it goes and hopefully commit to a more long term package

Nice, I imagine it will be inside hitting into the net. I got a lesson next Wednesday and it looks like it might get up to the 40's next week. That means we might get some range time finally.
Yeah the pro at the course right down the road...will see how it goes and hopefully commit to a more long term package

Nice, I imagine it will be inside hitting into the net. I got a lesson next Wednesday and it looks like it might get up to the 40's next week. That means we might get some range time finally.

Yeah some heated pull barn they have set up with a hitting bay and video equipment. ..best I can do for now

Sounds good to me man. I hope my guy brings out the video camera next time, because he hasn't done that yet.
Yeah some heated pull barn they have set up with a hitting bay and video equipment. ..best I can do for now

Just got done hitting some balls tonight and felt awesome. Still working on my takeaway and and keeping my head still. Adjusted my grip some by lowering my right hand some and BAM I was hitting them dead center. Couldn't believe it with my six iron and went through all my irons and got same results. Took some face tape out and saw what I was feeling. Love it!!
y8yne2e2.jpg

Looks like you getting some good contact!

I would say so. Changed up my grip and for some reason I started striking real well. I don't know if it was that or just a mental change to get me thinking different. But o well if I keep hitting like that It'll all be good.
Looks like you getting some good contact!

I would say so. Changed up my grip and for some reason I started striking real well. I don't know if it was that or just a mental change to get me thinking different. But o well if I keep hitting like that It'll all be good.

Curious did you weaken or strengthen the grip?

y8yne2e2.jpg

Awesome work man. Do you have a strong or weak grip?

You'll be fine Mike. Just take it slow and work for July.

I worked out for 45 minutes and then did a little putting tonight. Some hip bumpy drills too.

Felt good about my swing from early so I ran down stairs and hit about six more balls. Still looks good on the Cleveland Mt 6 iron.
eduhuzup.jpg

Working from home on Con-calls all day. Working the Net Return and the birdie ball putting green all day.

Finally will get to an outdoor range today!

Hit a bucket of balls outside. As expected swing was rusty. Was still hitting the dpc 9 and 5 irons extremely well. A testament to how forgiving they are. Didnt hit much well except for the x2hot pro hybrid. Came away thoroughly impressed

Hit a bucket of balls outside. As expected swing was rusty. Was still hitting the dpc 9 and 5 irons extremely well. A testament to how forgiving they are. Didnt hit much well except for the x2hot pro hybrid. Came away thoroughly impressed

Good to hear you got out. How was the driver.

Good to hear you got out. How was the driver.

Inconclusive lol. Swing was not there with longer than hybrid clubs. Also the matt was not very level due to ice under it. I balme that lol.

Inconclusive lol. Swing was not there with longer than hybrid clubs. Also the matt was not very level due to ice under it. I balme that lol.

I would blame that to. Hard to hit balls when there's ice involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back