The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event - How To Enter The 2013 Morgan Cup

I'm pretty confident that my videos will not be chosen, which is cool because I seriously want some of the young guns to get in. The effort I put forth in to my videos, was not well thought out, as I did them on the fly (like 5 minuets total with no retakes). Low quality with absolutely no brain storming on my part. Lately I have run out of gas, with all the stuff KellyBo and I have been faced with. Good luck to all of you, who actually worked hard to make these the best they could be.:thumb:

I know I'm a bit late in responding...but that was a great post Chunky.

Just want to thank everyone that decided to throw their hats in the ring and try and be a Morgan Cupper. I feel like we accomplished something special last year. Seeing how excited everyone is to get into the 2013 Morgan Cup makes me feel like we achieved our goal of raising the bar. So I just want to say Thank you to the MC 2.0'ers. You guys are an incredible bunch of guys who set an incredibly high bar of excellence leading up to the MC, and then just absolutely killed it while down there. Lets not forget the OG MC'ers. They took a journey that no one else had ever done and made everything else afterward possible because they did it so well

To the hopefuls, I wish you all good luck. I wish everyone could get in but that is just not possible. If you don't get in, I really hope that you consider sticking around in the MC threads and helping us make the 2013 Morgan Cup as incredible as the 2012 Morgan Cup was. It is simply not possible to raise the bar if the forum is not supportive. You are as important to the process as the actual MC'ers. You drive us forward when we are tired. It is truly noticed and appreciated when you take the time to ask questions and show interest. And please also consider being a volunteer. I am not blowing smoke when I say that the volunteers were as important if not more so than the MC'ers. The work they did down in Myrtle last year was incredible. The MC is simply not what it is without the volunteers. Sharkwrestler was born! War is a Captain. Frank is awesome. Trout might be the next Bob Costas. You just never know what can happen. Plus the volunteers were all part of the festivities that happened off the course. They were as much a part of it as I was.

To the future MC'ers, man what a journey you are about to embark on. The moment your name is announced is a feeling that you will never forget. Honestly it feels like just yesterday that Josh sent me the PM to see if I had interest in being a Captain. My response was asking him if that PM was sent to me by mistake lol. You guys will receive PM's that will blow your mind. Tour rep PM's make your year! You will absolutely know what you want in irons and woods, right up until it is time to send the PM back with your specs. I can't tell you how many times I changed my mind. I sent GG my putter specs, and 3 minutes later PM'ed her and asked to change everything lol. You are going to work harder at your golf game then you ever have. I can promise you by the MC your game will be at it's peak. You will make some lifelong friends and that is the best part. I feel a kinship with the 2.0 dudes that is going to last a lifetime. It is a rollercoaster of awesome that you will remember for your entire life. I still sometimes have a memory that just comes to me and it just brings a massive smile to my face. Once in a lifetime opportunity people. Grab it and run with it!
Wow.That was eloquent and absolutely dead on. I can't wait to meet you in ATL.

Just want to thank everyone that decided to throw their hats in the ring and try and be a Morgan Cupper. I feel like we accomplished something special last year. Seeing how excited everyone is to get into the 2013 Morgan Cup makes me feel like we achieved our goal of raising the bar. So I just want to say Thank you to the MC 2.0'ers. You guys are an incredible bunch of guys who set an incredibly high bar of excellence leading up to the MC, and then just absolutely killed it while down there. Lets not forget the OG MC'ers. They took a journey that no one else had ever done and made everything else afterward possible because they did it so well

To the hopefuls, I wish you all good luck. I wish everyone could get in but that is just not possible. If you don't get in, I really hope that you consider sticking around in the MC threads and helping us make the 2013 Morgan Cup as incredible as the 2012 Morgan Cup was. It is simply not possible to raise the bar if the forum is not supportive. You are as important to the process as the actual MC'ers. You drive us forward when we are tired. It is truly noticed and appreciated when you take the time to ask questions and show interest. And please also consider being a volunteer. I am not blowing smoke when I say that the volunteers were as important if not more so than the MC'ers. The work they did down in Myrtle last year was incredible. The MC is simply not what it is without the volunteers. Sharkwrestler was born! War is a Captain. Frank is awesome. Trout might be the next Bob Costas. You just never know what can happen. Plus the volunteers were all part of the festivities that happened off the course. They were as much a part of it as I was.

To the future MC'ers, man what a journey you are about to embark on. The moment your name is announced is a feeling that you will never forget. Honestly it feels like just yesterday that Josh sent me the PM to see if I had interest in being a Captain. My response was asking him if that PM was sent to me by mistake lol. You guys will receive PM's that will blow your mind. Tour rep PM's make your year! You will absolutely know what you want in irons and woods, right up until it is time to send the PM back with your specs. I can't tell you how many times I changed my mind. I sent GG my putter specs, and 3 minutes later PM'ed her and asked to change everything lol. You are going to work harder at your golf game then you ever have. I can promise you by the MC your game will be at it's peak. You will make some lifelong friends and that is the best part. I feel a kinship with the 2.0 dudes that is going to last a lifetime. It is a rollercoaster of awesome that you will remember for your entire life. I still sometimes have a memory that just comes to me and it just brings a massive smile to my face. Once in a lifetime opportunity people. Grab it and run with it!

Great post Captain Chunky!

Best of luck to everyone who has entered and to the people who get picked it's gonna be a rollercoaster ride your never gonna forget

Great sentiments Chunky! It seems like the MC brings out the best in all who are involved.

OG, don't sell yourself short. At least you have a video in. I have no doubt in my mind that you would represent THP well in a MC. Perhaps the MC will re-energize everything that has gone on in your lives outside of golf and THP. This could be the welcome respite to get your mind off things. Even if the videos aren't spielbergish, it was important that at lest you put your name into the hat. I hope they see your participation in the forums as part of the criterion. Cause without you, we would be one great member less.

I'm pretty confident that my videos will not be chosen, which is cool because I seriously want some of the young guns to get in. The effort I put forth in to my videos, was not well thought out, as I did them on the fly (like 5 minuets total with no retakes). Low quality with absolutely no brain storming on my part. Lately I have run out of gas, with all the stuff KellyBo and I have been faced with. Good luck to all of you, who actually worked hard to make these the best they could be.:thumb:

I agree with not posting videos until the end. Good luck.

Awesome freaking post Chunky.. Perfectly worded my man.

Excellently put Chunky! Good luck to all who has their videos in!

Nicely put Chunky, can't wait to see all the videos!!!

Chunky with an absolutely spot on post....very very well said

I know I haven't been here long, but this post makes me proud to be on this forum. This is very well said and truly makes me proud to be here!!

OG, don't sell yourself short. At least you have a video in. I have no doubt in my mind that you would represent THP well in a MC. Perhaps the MC will re-energize everything that has gone on in your lives outside of golf and THP. This could be the welcome respite to get your mind off things. Even if the videos aren't spielbergish, it was important that at lest you put your name into the hat. I hope they see your participation in the forums as part of the criterion. Cause without you, we would be one great member less.

Thanks pmoa. This message warms my heart and the support myself and many others have felt on here, is phenominal to say the least. I would do my very best to rep whatever sponser I was assigned to and of course THP. The Morgan Cup is a long time journery, not a quick ride around the block. It involves many hours of really bonding with your OEM, their equipment, and your team members. It's about knowing the equipment you are assigned inside and out and being able to answer quetions from all non MC'ers about the product you rep. It's good times too and with the hard work mixed in, the event is truly a life time experience. Yea I could do it with no doubt in my mind, it's just I feel so many of you have worked so hard for this dream.

The message Chunky gave all of us, clearly explains the process in the best way possible for both selectees and non. I plan to follow his advice either way the coin drops.

Chunky,

Sorry I missed this post but wow it was a great one. You clearly understand what this event is all about and it makes me happy to have you a part of it

All videos have been submitted to the judges.....

All videos have been submitted to the judges.....

Excited for the next couple of days. Really looking forward to a great MC 2013!

Wow, that is awesome news, and was very very quick. Possibly part of the reason GG didn't make the trip to Ohio?

As I said in the other thread when GG announced it, this just got more real and really gets me excited! We will know who the 18 will be in a short while!

Back