ECCO Expands Golf Street Collection

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Danish brand ECCO - a leading global manufacturer of innovative footwear - confirms the expansion of its award-winning Golf Street collection for men to include new styles, materials and colors for 2013.

Now offered in Sport, Luxe, Textile, Camel and Premier categories, each Golf Street model showcases a patented outsole design featuring the ECCO dynamic traction system (E-dts). This consists of approximately 100 molded traction bars and 800-plus traction angles. Constructed from TPU - a highly durable, wear-resistant material - these elements provide superior grip in all conditions.

"Golf Street completely reshaped the footwear market by challenging the notions that a golf shoe had to look a certain way and be sport-specific," says Michael Waack, Head of Global Golf at ECCO. "Four years since it was first introduced, it's become a classic style that simply evolves with each season."

Distinctive aspects of each offering include:

Sport: A brand new upper pattern featuring tactile embellishments and Hydromax™ treated leathers for superior weather and perspiration resistance

Luxe: The most refined Street option is crafted from luxurious "lizzard" leather treated with Hydromax™ for superior weather and perspiration resistance

Textile: An athletic look is enhanced by performance textile uppers and a highly-breathable aero lining

Camel: Both casual and classy, this design is distinguished by luxurious camel leather uppers treated with Hydromax™ for superior weather and perspiration resistance

Premier: The shoe that started the revolution evolves to feature subtle material enhancements, including rich, Hydromax™-treated leather uppers for superior weather and perspiration resistance

Along with other styles from the 2013 ECCO men's golf collection, Golf Street models will be worn in competition by Fred Couples, Graeme McDowell, Thomas Bjorn, Thongchai Jaidee, Stuart Appleby, Bradley Dredge, Andreas Hartø, JB Hansen and scores of other Tour stars worldwide.

2081296.jpg

That's an extensive list of stars sporting the shoes. Always high quality so I expect nothing less from 2013

These look sharp and trendy, like the updated styling!

Sweet offerings by Ecco. IMO Ecco sets the mark for comfort with golf shoes. I like that they are really bringing the distinct offerings. I've always worn a more classic golf shoe. After talking with other THPers about the street version of these shoes. It's time I branch out to the more current look. Although these are a bit pricey for a shoe, they are well worth it. Sore feet are nothing a golfer wants during a round

Very nice. I love my camel leather ones from last year. I use them strictly for GolfTec lessons and practice and walking around town. They still look brand new. Very comfy

Not bad. I like the plainer colors since I can match more outfits though. I could probably do the red/white.

Sweet offerings by Ecco. IMO Ecco sets the mark for comfort with golf shoes. I like that they are really bringing the distinct offerings. I've always worn a more classic golf shoe. After talking with other THPers about the street version of these shoes. It's time I branch out to the more current look. Although these are a bit pricey for a shoe, they are well worth it. Sore feet are nothing a golfer wants during a round

+1 to that.... By far the most comfortable shoe (not just golf shoe) that I own

The more colors the better. I prefer the biom line but these are quite good as well. I need to try a pair of camels. Will they be on the feet of some Morgan Cup staffers this year? Guess we will have to wait and see.

++

They can hold their own (in terms of durability and comfort) against brands which cost over twice as much money.

+1 to that.... By far the most comfortable shoe (not just golf shoe) that I own

They are nice looking shoes. I might have to give these a serious look this year. I have just noticed one pair of my golf does are completely worn out. Time for some replacements after the holidays.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Not loving these colors. I do love the comfort of these shoes though. My nubs wore down pretty quickly though because I wore them a lot off the course

Those look quite good.

Wow, I am liking the looks of these. I cant wait to see more.

I'm liking the white/red and the black/green. I have 2 pairs of Ecco street style shoes. They are awesome and my favorite shoes to wear on the course.

Really digging the styling of these.

Those are some very interesting colors, but i like the new style, it took a very clean/classic look and gave it a little more style.

I love the looks and performance of this line. Just wish the price tag wasnt so high.

++

They can hold their own (in terms of durability and comfort) against brands which cost over twice as much money.

What brands are twice the price of these? I do like Ecco shoes but only when they are on sale.

I really want a pair of ECCO shoes, these look pretty nice

I have two pairs from last year and I still enjoy them very much. very very comfortable.

Ferragamo, for one.;)

A pair of ecco loafers is around 160 to 250 U$D.

A pair of Ferragamo loafers is around 300 to $BIGNUM U$D.

What brands are twice the price of these? I do like Ecco shoes but only when they are on sale.

Back