Do you prefer to walk or ride?

Hyers

Reaction score
Handicap
So I have had a few people tell me that they think I would enjoy walking a course instead of riding.. I have never done it and I am wondering what is so appealing about walking?

Which do you all prefer?

I prefer to ride. I bring too much stuff to walk.

Love to walk courses. I don't hate riding, but I would prefer to walk courses.

Smalls, what do you really need to bring with you besides some balls, a few tees, and a ball marker?

Ive walked all but 2 rounds this year.

Walking cuts into my lying around time. Plus, I prefer to play 18 holes in about an hour, and it would take me about 2 to walk.

Walking. I keep a better rhythm, have time to think about my next shot and forget about the last one, good exercise, And I keep all my stuff in my minicart and bag. I don't mind riding but enjoy walking when I can.

Tappin in putts from iOS

Love to walk courses. I don't hate riding, but I would prefer to walk courses.

Smalls, what do you really need to bring with you besides some balls, a few tees, and a ball marker?

That is crazy talk right there. What you need and what you want are two different things of course. My staff bag is PACKED with goodness. :D

I walk about 90% of the time.

TapAhoy!

I like walking depending on the course..

I prefer to walk. For me, I get into a better "groove" so to speak and have everything in its rightful place on my push cart. When I have to ride, it forces me to change my habits....don't like that.

I walk as a spectator. I ride as a player.

The way it's supposed to be.

Kevin

I prefer to walk but belong to a course that is cart only so I don't ever really get to.

I'm a serious rider

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I hate this thread already.

That is crazy talk right there. What you need and what you want are two different things of course. My staff bag is PACKED with goodness. :D

I realize this is the attitude for a lot of people. I don't take any clubs out of the bag when I walk, but I'll take some other stuff out to lighten the load. Rain gear and umbrella gets taken off if no rain is in the forecast.

I enjoy walking a course if it's walkable but a lot around here just don't let you. So I ride. It's easier to smoke while riding.

I prefer to walk, but the old bones prefer that I ride.

Walking doesn't provide me with cup holders for beers. So, I ride.

Exactly. What a silly question.

Remember that one guy that thought he was more serious than us but then we out serioused him?

Then he took the ban hammer.

Kevin

Remember that one guy that thought he was more serious than us but then we out serioused him?

Then he took the ban hammer.

Kevin

I remember that guy. He was silly too. He sure took that ban hammer like a cha.... walker though. hehe

I prefer to walk. For me, I get into a better "groove" so to speak and have everything in its rightful place on my push cart. When I have to ride, it forces me to change my habits....don't like that.

This right here. I never bought this reason before but after walking most of my rounds last year and this year I'm fully on board. Plus with walking I've got a bit more time between shots to fume and thus not be quite as annoyed when I get to my ball in the trees.

I prefer to walk but belong to a course that is cart only so I don't ever really get to.

Maybe it's just the courses I've played there but it seems like Victoria has a lot of courses where walking is the exception even if you're allowed to. The culture seems to be for riding over walking unless your playing somewhere like Ardmore.

Back