The Preserve Golf Club at Tara - Bradenton, FL

Great looking course there JB, don't often see Island tee boxes, that's pretty cool.

I wanna know how War's ball stopped there!! Looks like it should have gone in the water...great par from there.

Great looking course there JB, don't often see Island tee boxes, that's pretty cool.

I wanna know how War's ball stopped there!! Looks like it should have gone in the water...great par from there.

1. True Story, the group in front of us had a guy tee off and hit the wood on the island tee box in front of the one he was playing. Sounded like a gun shot.

2. No clue how it stopped there, but I played it and hit an awesome shot from there.

Also true story...War and I rolled the ball past the hole on like 12 birdie putts today because of these speeds. Just lightning fast.

Wow nice looking track! I bet it's a ball grabber with all that water :bulgy-eyes:

Also true story...War and I rolled the ball past the hole on like 12 birdie putts today because of these speeds. Just lightning fast.

Funny that the tee shots on the par 4 before that par 5 we both had 3W shots within a foot of each other.

Back to Back tee shots within a foot. What are the odds.

Looks like a great course! Glad you guys got to get out

First time actually sitting at my computer today, so wanted to post up some thoughts.

Tara is a course that I have played a good bit down this way, especially during the spring/summer when the green fees are CHEAP. The layout here is fun, a pretty exciting course that is full of doglegs, water in play on one or two holes (or every single one), and numerous holes that invite you to play them a number of different ways. The greens were the fastest I have ever seen them today, I couldnt believe how quick they were. Fairways need some work, had some rough patches here and there, but for a full public course that has been hit tough by the economy, it is still holding its own.

As far as my round goes, a 44/40 for an 84. Mid-round I couldnt get off the tee to save my life, but somehow managed my way around the course and prevented from blowing up and managed to save my round on the back 9 and still have a decent enough score. 3 double bogeys frustrated me a bit, but was able to sneak in a birdie toward the end of the round that had me quite happy.

The tee shot that JB posted in the first post was from a Par 5, and we were about 230ish out and both went for it in two. I flew the green with my Mashie 5W then scrambled up for a par, and JB landed it dead in front of the pin, then lipped out the eagle putt...and finished wtih the tap in birdie. It was a fun hole, that was well played by both of us.

Fun round, always great to get out in mid-December in mid 70* weather. :act-up:

Sounds like you both had a great time!

For mid December, you can't beat getting through a round in shorts and a short sleeved shirt. The course looks fun, narrow and a lot of water to keep you honest. Sounds like a blast!

It looks like a fun course, hopefully when season's over we can get on it on the cheap.

got dang! now that's a golf course.
man i miss golf....

Back