jimnycricket65

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 14.7
Whose all out there regionally getting together regularly? SoCal just started...

Whose all out there regionally getting together regularly? SoCal just started...

There's a few out there. I know a bunch of guys from FL play a bunch, and same goes for GA and the NJ/PA/DE area. I'm sure there's others that I'm missing. THPers get together all the time.

OH/IN/KY have gotten together quite a bit over the last couple years. Capped off 2012 with an awesome team based match play and then the Ohio Tour Stop.

It doesn't happen regularly enough but a few guys and I from Central California have gotten together for a couple rounds.

Texas, yes they are their own region. NorthEast, southeast, Midwest near Ohio basin.

We have a Georgia Get Together every year usually in the Fall. This year the Atlanta Invitational took that trip off the calendar. It's usually a really fun Fall get together in Blairsville, Ga. It's going to be fun to fire that one up again pending non conflicting larger THP outing.

Slightly OT, but has there ever been talk of regional sub forums? I saw a place where you could look for a game, but that was about it. Since I'm new around here, no harm intended if this is a "dead horse" issue.

J.

Slightly OT, but has there ever been talk of regional sub forums? I saw a place where you could look for a game, but that was about it. Since I'm new around here, no harm intended if this is a "dead horse" issue.

I think there was some talk about it, but right now, the local outings subforum seems to be working out.. Worst case, do a search and then create a thread. I'm sure some TN folks would want to get together!

I think it would be fun. My regular group and I have been talking abut the Golf Week Am-tour next year. I think it would be fun to meet up with some thp-ers at those events or just anywhere. Robert Trent Jones courses are close and they are always fun and challenging. Heck, I'll meet at any course given the opportunity.

J.

Last edited:
A few of us in the Portland area have been getting out - Oregon Jack, Oregon Golfer, JConn, myself and a few others (and we lost a couple of regulars to relocation) - but then winter hit us.

Back