Sad/Happy Day Yesterday

rghilljr

Reaction score
Handicap
Yesterday was the anniversary of my dad's untimely and unexpected death. It was 8 years yesterday and some days it feels as though it has been forever and other days it feels as though it just happened. I had a pretty rough day yesterday becasue my dad loved Christmas. My mom and my siblings went out to his grave site yesterday and carried a tree with some battery operated lights. My boys are getting of age now and are asking questions and it just makes it harder because I know that he would love them and they would love him.

I know why I love coaching and feel as though I am addicted to it and its because of him. He coached the same recreational league team for 30 years, which is un-heard of because of parents moving with their kids to different age levels. He coached the high school team here for 17 years and touched the lives on many young people in our area.

Why was it a happy day?? I know that he is having the best Christmas and has the best view of all the lights. I can only imagine what it will be like.

It is my hope that for this upcoming year, that I become a better man in my faith, a better husband to my wife, a better father to my boys, a better son to my mom and a better brother to my siblings. My dad was all of these things and then some.

Thanks THP for having a place to say all this and thanks guys for allowing me.

Losing a loved one is always tough but your father lives strong within you and your family. Merry Christmas Coach

I don't know what I would do if I were to lose my Dad. Sounds like your Dad was a great man and a great example for you and you are continuing his legacy by the way you are living your life. I am sure he would be proud of you.

Great post man. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

It would have been my brother's birthday on the 30th Dec, so I understand a little of what you're going through at this time of year. It's tough but at the same time it reminds you to be thankful for knowing them and being able to share the time you had with them.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful christmas. And may your hopes for the new year come true

Just went through this myself. Last Sunday was my first birthday without my father and it was extremely difficult.

Wish you the best.

You Dad raised a fine man, thank you for sharing this rgh. I know what you mean about missing loved ones but I do look forward to that grand reunion one day.

The loss of a family member never gets easier and he would be proud of the son he has raised . Keep your head up and his spirit alive . Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Back