gamer v2 vs penta 3

armygolfer77

hackin away
Reaction score
hey there thinking of switching to the gamer v2 but how is the spin and distance compared to the penta 3 i can get a penta 3 to back up all the way up to my 6iron and anything over that it only rolls out like 2 feet

hey there thinking of switching to the gamer v2 but how is the spin and distance compared to the penta 3 i can get a penta 3 to back up all the way up to my 6iron and anything over that it only rolls out like 2 feet

I don't think you will give up a ton of spin on full iron shots, where you are going to see the biggest difference in spin is on chip and pitch shots. I can stop the V2 with all of my irons, but get a good bit more roll out with the gamer compared to the TP5 when I am chipping.

I love the gamer v2! However there no longer making them are they. All you can get are the leftovers.

I don't think you will give up a ton of spin on full iron shots, where you are going to see the biggest difference in spin is on chip and pitch shots. I can stop the V2 with all of my irons, but get a good bit more roll out with the gamer compared to the TP5 when I am chipping.

that might be what i need cuz i like to chip with either my 54 or 58 and they dont roll out hardly at all :( which usually leaves me short about 10-12 ft which isnt good lol then when i try a lil firmer i end up duffing the shite out of it cuz im worried about hitting it too far and the v2's i understand are considerably cheaper then the pentas which helps cuz i dont like playing them when they get scuffed up

that might be what i need cuz i like to chip with either my 54 or 58 and they dont roll out hardly at all :( which usually leaves me short about 10-12 ft which isnt good lol then when i try a lil firmer i end up duffing the shite out of it cuz im worried about hitting it too far and the v2's i understand are considerably cheaper then the pentas which helps cuz i dont like playing them when they get scuffed up

Yep, considerably cheaper, and should be a good bit more durable.

i think they have em at our px on base for like 15 bucks if im not mistaken i had some in my hand and was really contemplating them but didnt wanna risk it cuz i was playing in a scramble that weekend so i stuck with the pentas which they also sell on base here

i think they have em at our px on base for like 15 bucks if im not mistaken i had some in my hand and was really contemplating them but didnt wanna risk it cuz i was playing in a scramble that weekend so i stuck with the pentas which they also sell on base here
The gamer is my favorite ball. You will like them.

I really like the Gamer V2. It's a nice little gem in that $20 range. It's a good all around ball, and not the rocks you are accustomed to when you are buying a lower price target ball.

When I was finding them local they was 19 here. So 15 sounds good to me.

oh how are they with side spin i used to play the 330s but man if you hit one a lil wrong that joker will take off left or right and in the wind its donezo

dicks had them 2 for 30 this week..

I really like the Gamer V2. It's a nice little gem in that $20 range. It's a good all around ball, and not the rocks you are accustomed to when you are buying a lower price target ball.
Bingo. People that link them to the old "rock flite" theme are so off base it isn't even funny. A tremendously solid ball, I still prefer my RX's, but I enjoy rocking these as well.

Bingo. People that link them to the old "rock flite" theme are so off base it isn't even funny. A tremendously solid ball, I still prefer my RX's, but I enjoy rocking these as well.

so no rock flite in these? you mean theres an actual golf ball core in it not a lil round stone they put a cover over danggggg deff gotta try these then lol

so no rock flite in these? you mean theres an actual golf ball core in it not a lil round stone they put a cover over danggggg deff gotta try these then lol

HA! Its a fact dude, they are NOTHING like those damnable old XL's were. Try em, I'd bet you'll be shocked.

oh how are they with side spin i used to play the 330s but man if you hit one a lil wrong that joker will take off left or right and in the wind its donezo
The Side spin isn't bad. I can still slice the crap out of one. It's no e6. However it feels soft off all my clubs and I can hold greens with it. For 20 bucks its the best ball out there for the money.

HA! Its a fact dude, they are NOTHING like those damnable old XL's were. Try em, I'd bet you'll be shocked.

for the price and how yall are talking ima have to give em a shot when i first started i was using xl2000 then when they came out with xl3000 gave those a go man looking back on em they were worse then range balls but they were cheap when i was in highschool bagging ol groceries to pay the greens fees and all lol

The Gamer V2's are nothing like the Top-Flite's of old. Hell, if you put a name on them other than Top-Flite, they would be selling for $10 more a dozen and they would be in more signatures here. They are a hell of a good ball and at that price, I don't see it getting much better.

The Gamer V2's are nothing like the Top-Flite's of old. Hell, if you put a name on them other than Top-Flite, they would be selling for $10 more a dozen and they would be in more signatures here. They are a hell of a good ball and at that price, I don't see it getting much better.

what do you think of side spin compared to penta 3 or 330s

Back