Morgan Cup - Preparation Thread

It's ok dude, I had 38 putts last time out. That included 4 3putts.

It's kinda like we are all having a pre Morgan Cup slump right now. Or at least a few of us...

It's kinda like we are all having a pre Morgan Cup slump right now. Or at least a few of us...

yeah, i'm there.
plus it just keeps raining and raining....

Short game boot camp tonight....

I waste far too many shots from inside of 125 (not including putting) which wasn't a problem for me before...once I get settled back into the short game zone my scores will drop easily by 5-10 shots

Same here dude, my game seems to be going through a serious slump right now. Racking up some scores in the mid 90's which is not good

I have league today if the rain does not fall. Hope to put up a good number.

Short game boot camp tonight....

I waste far too many shots from inside of 125 (not including putting) which wasn't a problem for me before...once I get settled back into the short game zone my scores will drop easily by 5-10 shots
I like the sounds of that Hanks. A good solid short game is a sure fire way to even up just about any matchup on the golf course. Good luck buddy, have fun!

I have a short game clinic tonight that is being taught by the pro I am working with. I love going to his clinics because he always takes a bit of time to help with what I am working on with him in my lessons. Plus, who couldn't use a short game clinic?

Thanks man...I've got the touch of a sledgehammer around the green with my wedges right now and ned to fix it asap

I like the sounds of that Hanks. A good solid short game is a sure fire way to even up just about any matchup on the golf course. Good luck buddy, have fun!

Range and putting practice tonight. Nothing big, just hit some balls. It was okay, but the wind was howling from the left. Mediocre at best. The harder I swing, the better I hit the ball. Nine holes after work tomorrow.

Hit balls tonight. Since the minor tweaked made over the weekend I have never hit the ball better. Just need to make my short game more of a strength

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Played a match with my normal partner today. Ended up all square after 18. He was up by 1 with 3 to go, and I was dormie with one hole to go. He won the last hole.

Shot a 42 with 17 putts last night in league. I hit 5 of 7 fairways including one bomb that was just shy of the green by about 5 yards. The score card said that the middle of the green was 345 yards away, but there is no way that can be right. I didn't measure it, but it came off my J40 like a freekin rocket. I only hit 3 greens, but I hit a ton of GAIRs and I missed several putts that I would have made if I was even half decent at putting.

The best shot of my round came out of the fairway bunker on number 9. I took a 6 iron and put it on the green and it hopped to the left and rolled off by about a yard. I ended up bogeying the hole because I can't putt well to save my life.

Played 9 last night, getting off the tee is my strong point right now, along with chipping and putting. My iron game is letting me down right now. I don't think its going to get fixed on the course so I need to start hitting the range more to find out what's going on. I'm leaving a lot of my iron shots out to the right. I still had some great iron shots, but still too many to keep my score under 40 for 9 holes, which is my goal each time I only go for 9. To be completely honest I think its all in my head, I am still not comfortable with the distance gains I am seeing after being fitted, so I lay off my shot sometimes in fear of flying it over the green. I just need to take full swings and if it goes over it goes over, and eventually I will get my distances down.

Boot camp went well last night....I have a longer ways to go than I thought to get the improvement that I need but it'll happen. I'm extremely coachable

Boot camp went well last night....I have a longer ways to go than I thought to get the improvement that I need but it'll happen. I'm extremely coachable

That's awesome hanks! Are you getting lessons from a Pro or from GolfTEC or something?

went back to my original swing last night, felt great...it's more natural, fluent, smooth, goes down easy like an ice cold miller lite....lol
but seriously, i played a very easy fade all night last night with the driver and the irons are the same, if not dead straight. it felt SOOOO much better.
i noticed that with this swing, i tend to lose a little distance, but i will gladly sacrifice a few yards for consistent accuracy.
a couple putts that just didn't fall kept me out of the 30's for 9 holes....same as IN - my goal is to always shoot in the 30's per 9 holes...because i should!
i believe i can continue to keep this up and keep dropping scores, round by round.

although i was happy and comfortable back in my old swing, it's very nice to know that i can kind of switch back and forth between the two and at least have the knowledge to attempt to hit a nice draw when it's needed...perfecting it will be the hardest part! but for now, i need to work on accuracy and hitting a high percentage of F's and G's!

tyno - what's the biggest difference between the 2 swings?

Nice thoughts guys. Tnolan- I hope the swing change works out my man!

Went back to my orginal plan last night and worked on nothing but the short game....spent alot of time putting because is what lead to my meltdown last weekend. Had a really good session and felt good about where things are headed.

Went back to my orginal plan last night and worked on nothing but the short game....spent alot of time putting because is what lead to my meltdown last weekend. Had a really good session and felt good about where things are headed.

I'm hoping to get some putting practice in next week at the outing. My short game, esp bunker play, has been terrible lately. That needs to change

I'm hoping to get some putting practice in next week at the outing. My short game, esp bunker play, has been terrible lately. That needs to change

DO like I do deano, and avoid bunkers like the plague.

Same here. Bunker practice will be a focal point for me next week. An area I have always struggled with.

Same here. Bunker practice will be a focal point for me next week. An area I have always struggled with.

Spend some time in the bunkers in Florida buddy. THe sand consistency will be similar in MB.

DO like I do deano, and avoid bunkers like the plague.

that's always my plan. But nothing worse than going along good on the course, getting in a bunker and then walking off with a bad score. Mentally it just kills me. Heck last week I was playing with Jenn, was going along good, hit in a bunker, skulled it out, then pitched over the green, got mad and did a TW to the club. Next shot I chipped in and just laughed. Stupid game sometimes haha

sweet bunker shootout it is

Yeah I still need to find a place to practice my bunker play...the bunkers on my course are horrible and have thick damp sand, with as many bunkers as there are at True Blue and Caledonia, I really need to find a bunker practice area to work on that aspect of my game.

Back