GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Scottsdale[SUP]®[/SUP] TR[SUP]™[/SUP] (True Roll) Adjustable-Length Putters

Variable-depth grooves in the insert are deepest in the center and get gradually shallower to the perimeter to provide nearly identical ball speeds across the putter face for more consistent distance control. PING studies show an increase in ball-speed consistency, measured at nine points on the face, of nearly 50%. The insert is made from a lightweight 6061 aerospace-grade aluminum that provides a solid feel and sound. The finish is a non-glare black PVD, and all models feature white sight lines that aid in alignment. A mid-size full-cord PING Black PP58 grip is standard on all traditional-length models.

- Adjustable-length, USGA/R&A-conforming shaft adjusts 31” to 38” in standard models (optional); belly models 37.5” to 46.5”; long models 44.5” to 55.5”.
-12 Fit For Stroke[SUP]™[/SUP] models. Slight arc models = Anser[SUP]®[/SUP] 2, B60, Shea[SUP]®[/SUP], Tomcat S[SUP]®[/SUP], Anser[SUP]®[/SUP] 2 B (adjustable belly). Strong arc models = ZB S[SUP]®[/SUP], Shea[SUP]®[/SUP] H. Straight models = Piper[SUP]®[/SUP] C, Tatum[SUP]™[/SUP], Carefree[SUP]®[/SUP] L (adjustable long). All stroke types available = Grayhawk[SUP]™[/SUP], Senita[SUP]®[/SUP]
- U.S. MSRP: $162.50 (Anser 2, B60,Tomcat S, ZB S, Shea, Shea H, Piper C, Tatum). Adjustable-length upcharge: $35
- U.S. MSRP: $192.50 (Grayhawk, Senita)
- U.S. MSRP: $235 (Anser B, Carefree L)

i-LPnr8mw-L.jpg

Very sleek, classic look on this one. Adjustable length is very interesting. If the belly putter was staying legal, I would have probably been more interested as finding a perfect fit for my height has been difficult.

Not a fan of the look but I love the adjustability.

Not terribly interested in these. I already know my preferred length, so the adjustable feature doesn't really do much for me.

I really liked the adjustable length idea when they brought it out with the nome line. I thought for the belly putter it worked great as a fitting tool, but it also allowed you to move around to find that length that worked for you. Also if you wanted to pass it along or give to a buddy to try it was as a quick adjustment for them to get it set up correctly. Wonder how that aluminum insert feels compared to some of the past inserts PING has used.

Color me interested in that insert.

Like the look, don't need the adjustment added.

I very interesting concept, I can't wait to see how the other models look!

Not a fan of the look but I love the adjustability.

I agree here but the adjustable feature is truly an interesting concept. I have recently learned how to putt with the shaft leaning against my left arm, which is legal, so a belly version mallet type head, would gain my interest!

They did the adjustable with the Nome. Apparently it was more popular that I thought.

The adjustable length just seems like a bit overkill on these. Why do I need adjustability of length on a standard length putter? I can see for belly or broomstick type putters how it could be beneficial, if one were to not be fit to their correct length.

No Nome?

The adjustable length just seems like a bit overkill on these. Why do I need adjustability of length on a standard length putter? I can see for belly or broomstick type putters how it could be beneficial, if one were to not be fit to their correct length.

No Nome?

Personally I am in the middle of a posture change when it comes to my putting and I would love to mess with a putter where I can adjust the length. I think it also goes to Ping's business model of fitting customers. It allows them to make one length and have the customer get fitted in the store without having to have any "work" done to the putter. Makes a ton of sense to me.

I like the black finish on these. Adjustable length is awesome too!

Interesting concept with a old standby design. Ping's Anser shape hasn't changed much over the years but adding adjustability is pretty cool. The face looks a lot like the TM ghost putters.

I like the concept. I think a lot of people use the wrong length putter.

Interesting. I'll definitely give it a roll in the golf shop when they arrive.

I think it'd be a great aid to find the right length for those who aren't fitted, but once that's achieved, I don't see a ton of value in it.

The insert looks solid.

The insert looks similar to the pure roll insert TM is using, and I don't really get the adjustable length part.

I don't care for the adjustable shaft, but I like the idea of equal ball speed across the face. With so many different head designs offered, I'm sure I could find one I really liked.

Not surprising, just take the Nome and put scotsdale heads on.

Well I just pulled the trigger on a 35" TR Shea today...i literally couldn't miss with it, and loved the look to boot. Had a very old and poorly maintained SC Newport back from 2000 that I've loved and cherished...but it was time to move on. Looks like I'm slowly moving from a ragtag bag to one dominated by Ping....
Sent from my Lumia 810 using Board Express

Last edited:
GillPier, that's interesting, I also have a "very old and poorly maintained SC Newport back from 2000 that I've loved and cherished", but spent some quality time with a 34" Tatum yesterday at the golf shop and, yeah, that felt nice. Very close to pulling the trigger...

Had a chance to roll one of these at my local shop. Def puts a great roll on the ball. I like to toe a putt that is long and down hill to kill it a little bit and that wouldn't likely be possible with this putter, every ball literally went the same distance heel, middle, toe.

Just tried the Shea model yesterday and it is absolutely phenomenal! I want it so bad!

Back