Never Compromise Milled Series #5

dustin8538

Reaction score
Handicap
Ughhhh
Just picked up a NC Milled Series #5 today at a local shop for $50.00. Had it cut down to 33 inches and a new Ping Pistol Grip put on. What a great feeling putter. This putter came out around 2005, but what a great feeling putter. Face feels great and I love the contrasting grey to black finish. Whats everyones thoughts. Its an oldie but a goodie. I think it might move the Scotty out of the bag for time being

I never played this one, but have seen a few from this line. The gray to black finish was something that they were known for and like you, I really liked the look of it.

I think it's a good one. I had a NC putter when they first came out with that grey matter series. I think mine was the gamma 2 model. It was my first expensive putter.

product_61160.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357250856.523872.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1357250893.044211.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1357250920.204692.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1357250957.018939.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1357250992.199763.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1357251008.399536.jpg

Here's this pics. Had to include the THP HC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played the #9 style of this putter series,(I think NC called it the #4?) and really liked it. It had a nice feel and sound to it, and I really liked the Gray and Black alignment. Kinda similar to what Odyssey is trying to do right now with the Versa line, but not quite so Oreo looking.

I think it's a good one. I had a NC putter when they first came out with that grey matter series. I think mine was the gamma 2 model. It was my first expensive putter.

product_61160.jpg

this series was around $250 at release. What a steal I got on it

Nice pick-up that one looks in nice shape.
the few used ones I have seen looked like they were used to pry nails out.

I played the #9 style of this putter series,(I think NC called it the #4?) and really liked it. It had a nice feel and sound to it, and I really liked the Gray and Black alignment. Kinda similar to what Odyssey is trying to do right now with the Versa line, but not quite so Oreo looking.

I saw the first look vids on youtube last night and I thought the same thing, Im putting with an oreo...lol Yeah this model feels very good off the face. Not as good as my scotty but very good

Nice pick-up that one looks in nice shape.
the few used ones I have seen looked like they were used to pry nails out.

yeah I was very suprised. I took to the counter and the guy that ons the place didnt know he had in the used rack. Someone had taken it on trade and put a $50 price on it. He said if he had known it was there he would've up the price or kept for himself

great pickup and what a steal on that price for the quality you're about to get out of that bad boy...

prior to my Gambler, i gamed (and still own) the NC GM2 Exchange #5. which, for all intensive purposes, is basically the exact same putter, except it adds the exchangeable weights in the bottom. i don't believe i'll be getting rid of it anytime soon...although i might regrip it, just for kicks.

enjoy your new NC putter dustin.

images

great pickup and what a steal on that price for the quality you're about to get out of that bad boy...

prior to my Gambler, i gamed (and still own) the NC GM2 Exchange #5. which, for all intensive purposes, is basically the exact same putter, except it adds the exchangeable weights in the bottom. i don't believe i'll be getting rid of it anytime soon...although i might regrip it, just for kicks.

enjoy your new NC putter dustin.

images

thanks man, I think I am gonna game it for sometime now. I have sent my Scotty to putterlounge to have a revamp (black oxide finish), so this will be my gamer for the time being. It might just win a spot in there. I did some putting with it today in the house and love it. What weights are you playing in the one you described.

I love my NC putter, and you will definitely love yours, plus that is a great deal. Their putters are so beautiful they are like works of art to me.

I love my NC putter, and you will definitely love yours, plus that is a great deal. Their putters are so beautiful they are like works of art to me.

thanks

Back